Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 02:37 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hi Scott,

Please see the PM I have sent you.

Many Thanks

Mike

Originally Posted by Scott Bourne
Hi Mike I have tried contacting Jaguar on Twitter and Facebook. I am one of the lucky few who JaguarUSA follows on Twitter (@scottbourne) and I can't even get a response so I will make an attempt with you. Do you know if Jaguar plans to have a presence at Pebble Beach this coming Aug and/or if there are any special events scheduled there? I am driving my new F-Type from Vegas to Monterey for the week.

Thanks

Old 08-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2011 XJ Infotainment Screen

Hello Mike,

I'm a new member here in the forums, and was referred to you by Graham after my welcome message. I'm wondering if you might be able to assist me with a warranty repair on my 2011 XJ-L. I'm in the US, in Southern California. My XJ has been in the shop awaiting parts since July 17th.

I took the XJ to my dealer for the 30,000 mile service, and noted that the touch screen randomly rebooted about once per day. The dealer told me they flashed an update to the unit and "it died - no response and a black screen."

They told me they tried to order a replacement touch screen but the unit is on back order with no ETA available. That was 3 weeks ago.

The dealer is very kind and the advisers are polite, but they say there's nothing they can do. I kindly asked for a meeting with the Jaguar regional representative but received no response.

Mike, is there anything you can do from Coventry to help - even an ETA on the part would alleviate the situation. It's hard for me to understand, given modern supply chain logistics, that no one even knows when the parts are due in to Jaguar from the 3rd party manufacturer.

Thank you for your time - I'm not sure how far your facility is from Acton, my company has offices there and next time I'm across the pond perhaps I could buy you a pint or two.

Thanks again,

- Jim.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:48 AM

Hi Jim,

Please see the personal message I have sent you.

Many Thanks

Mike

The following 2 users liked this post by CRC@Jaguar:
Brutal (10-17-2013), JimC64 (09-14-2013)
Old 08-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mike -

I have a similar issue/concern as Jim. I'm currently waiting on a driver's seat frame for my '13 XJL SC. The seat squeaks extremely bad right now, and my dealership has identified the issue as a defective frame. They currently say it's on backorder with no ETA.

The car looks incredible, but boy is it embarrassing when someone gets in the car with me and hears the squeaky seats....the chair squeaks like a 1987 Chevy Corsica.

My dealership is in Peoria, IL (Peoria Jaguar-Land Rover).

Anything you could do to help me understand the timeline associated with getting the part in would be greatly appreciated. Also, they said they marked it as "Critical" so I would get the first one, but they said it could be a while.

Thank you!

Dustin

Old 08-23-2013, 02:38 AM

Hi Dustin,

Please see PM I have sent you.

Many Thanks

Mike

The following 2 users liked this post by CRC@Jaguar:
JimC64 (09-14-2013), Lothar52 (10-20-2013)
Old 09-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Jasper2k
Hello Mike,

I'm a new member here in the forums, and was referred to you by Graham after my welcome message. I'm wondering if you might be able to assist me with a warranty repair on my 2011 XJ-L. I'm in the US, in Southern California. My XJ has been in the shop awaiting parts since July 17th.
Hello folks,

I just thought I would close this out - after 52 days in the shop, my 2011 XJL is now back on the road, replete with a new infotainment touch screen unit. JLRNA reps called me the first week of Sept to say that the part (made in Germany) was now in-stock in the UK and some were on the way to the US. The 52 day downtime was not exactly the "new to Jaguar" ownership experience I wanted, but I'm very pleased to say that the car is back and everything seems to be working well!

A big thanks to everyone here for your help and support - from the Mods and longtimers who welcomed me so warmly and Mike for the PM.

Thank you all! Have a great weekend! - Jim.

The following 3 users liked this post by Jasper2k:
Brutal (10-17-2013), JimC64 (09-14-2013), xjrguy (10-21-2013)
Old 09-14-2013, 02:59 PM
GGG
Received 16,767 Likes on 12,155 Posts

Jim,

Good to hear it's worked out OK. Go out and do some miles over the weekend!

Mike is on Holiday for two weeks but I'm sure he'll see the good news on his return.

Graham

Old 09-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,207 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Mike,

I am so pleased to see that Jaguar is taking a proactive approach to fix the many wrongs that have been perceived by others. Please keep an open mind and understand that any negative posts towards Jaguar and its representatives are often expressed out of desperation for a customer first approach towards the customers problems. I look forward in seeing your input and comments on many of the opportunities we experience and talk about on this forum.

The following users liked this post:
Brutal (10-17-2013)
Old 09-15-2013, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Please just remember everyone that Mike's job, his remit is to help Jaguar owners in the UK, that is as far as he goes.

Jaguar USA / Canada / rest of the world deal with their issues differently I believe.

Again I ask you to bear this in mind with regard to Mike......He has helped as and when he can with users from outside the UK, but it is not his primary function.

We have tried to see if there is a representative like Mike for the US / Canada but as yet have had no success.

The following 2 users liked this post by JimC64:
Brutal (10-17-2013), xjrguy (10-21-2013)
Old 09-15-2013, 03:24 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

Jim,

Thanks for the clarification! I would imagine that someone is holding the same position in the US & Canada but they are asleep at the helm or they do not care.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Kinda seems that way Gus, and Mike is certainly putting them to shame at his end for the UK owner members.

Kristin_w (10-21-2013)
Old 09-15-2013, 07:38 PM
Gus
Veteran Member

I have high hopes that Jaguar sees this and gets the message. If upper management sees or hears of this and they do nothing about it I will be sadly disappointed. Maybe I need to show them how it is done or be put into a position to get things done.

Old 10-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2013 xf 3.0 awd

Hello Mike,

I do understand from reading through this thread that you are in customer relations for the U.K. and I am in Canada, but I would invite you to please have a look at the thread of the same title on the XF forum, here: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...35/#post835185. I've posted the trackback, below.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance and kind regards,
Kristin

Old 10-17-2013, 08:27 AM

Hello Kristin,

Yes that is correct I work for Jaguar Land Rover UK. I will have a look through the thread now.

Many Thanks

Mike

Old 10-17-2013, 08:42 AM

Hello Kristin,

I have now had chance to read through your post and let me start by apologising sincerely for your experience to date. This obviously falls below any standards we set out for our vehicles or customer service.

What I can do is speak with JLRNA to make sure someone contacts you as soon as possible to apologise and to make sure things are moving forward as quickly as possible.

So I can do that please can you send me a private message with the following information:
Full Name
Email
Telephone Number
VIN
Reg (licence plate)
Dealership Name

I hope to hear from you soon.

Many Thanks

Mike

The following 5 users liked this post by CRC@Jaguar:
Gus (10-17-2013), Jayt2 (10-17-2013), JimC64 (10-17-2013), Kristin_w (10-17-2013), xjrguy (10-21-2013)
Old 10-19-2013, 12:35 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike,
You have to get Jag to make the AWD INA V8.
I have a 2011 xjl and will not trade it in for a V6 so please tell me they are coming out with a v8 AWD so I can upgrade.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

Hi Mike,

Don't mean to get philosophical, but... is there a deeper issue within the Jaguar Customer Service to Technical Service Experience model or the way that it is currently set up that is preventing loyal customers like Kristin from getting seamless, no-nonsense, quick results?

If this were fellow U.K. brands like Rolls-Royce or Bentley, I don't think they would handle issues in this manner.

It's almost like Jaguar Customer Service needs to be working directly with the Jaguar Technical Service department to drive the issue to resolution, instead of relying on the Jaguar customer (like Kristin) to act as the go between. I think that is one aspect as to why customer's get really frustrated - - people like Kristin come to an unsettling realization that they have to spend a lot of their time and energy acting as the go-between while carefully navigating the issue along to resolution, otherwise nothing will get done.

Last edited by BrownRobin; 10-20-2013 at 08:54 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by BrownRobin:
JagV8 (10-22-2013), Jayt2 (10-20-2013), Kristin_w (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 02:42 AM

Hello,

It would all depend what Country you are in to what models are coming out. If you PM me your following details I will get someone to contact you:
Full Name
Address
Email

Many Thanks

Mike

Originally Posted by aceeg
Mike,
You have to get Jag to make the AWD INA V8.
I have a 2011 xjl and will not trade it in for a V6 so please tell me they are coming out with a v8 AWD so I can upgrade.

Old 10-21-2013, 02:44 AM

Hello,

There are procedures and processes in place to make sure things do run as smoothly as possible when a vehicle does breakdown.

Unfortunately for some reason on this occasion those processes have not been carried out how we would expect.

Our dealerships and technical team have direct access to each other and this is how they should communicate.

I have contact JLRNA to make them aware of this issue.

Many Thanks

Originally Posted by BrownRobin
Hi Mike,

Don't mean to get philosophical, but... is there a deeper issue within the Jaguar Customer Service to Technical Service Experience model or the way that it is currently set up that is preventing loyal customers like Kristin from getting seamless, no-nonsense, quick results?

If this were fellow U.K. brands like Rolls-Royce or Bentley, I don't think they would handle issues in this manner.

It's almost like Jaguar Customer Service needs to be working directly with the Jaguar Technical Service department to drive the issue to resolution, instead of relying on the Jaguar customer (like Kristin) to act as the go between. I think that is one aspect as to why customer's get really frustrated - - people like Kristin come to an unsettling realization that they have to spend a lot of their time and energy acting as the go-between while carefully navigating the issue along to resolution, otherwise nothing will get done.

Kristin_w (10-21-2013)
Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,749 Likes on 7,100 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownRobin
Hi Mike,

Here's how I see it, FWIW....

There are problems and then there are PROBLEMS! In the last couple months we've heard from two or three owners who have had major failures on virtually brand new Jaguars. Cars that are only a few days old with only a few hundred miles.

It seems to me that this type of scenario merits a *highly elevated* level of customer service. Ordinary "Policy and Procedure" probably isn't enough. The case should be assigned to a "point person" with the authority to make things happen and who has a light enough case load to give the matter the attention it deserves.

In my experience the typical, rank-and-file customer service person and/or factory district service rep have too many irons in the fire to devote full attention to these very urgent situations.

Cheers
DD

The following 3 users liked this post by Doug:
Angus (10-22-2013), JagV8 (10-22-2013), Kristin_w (10-21-2013)

Quick Reply: Jaguar Customer Relations