XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Jaguar Customer Relations

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug
Here's how I see it, FWIW....

There are problems and then there are PROBLEMS! In the last couple months we've heard from two or three owners who have had major failures on virtually brand new Jaguars. Cars that are only a few days old with only a few hundred miles.

It seems to me that this type of scenario merits a *highly elevated* level of customer service. Ordinary "Policy and Procedure" probably isn't enough. The case should be assigned to a "point person" with the authority to make things happen and who has a light enough case load to give the matter the attention it deserves.

In my experience the typical, rank-and-file customer service person and/or factory district service rep have too many irons in the fire to devote full attention to these very urgent situations.

Cheers
DD
Doug, thank you so much for writing what I've been thinking, and how I would approach this problem in my own business were I faced with product basic functionality issues.

There is a delicate balance that brand owners MUST maintain and, at least for me, the balance with Jaguar has been sliding south since I gave a very considerable down payment on an XF purchase. Not temporary confidence via a lease! I own my cars for years. This down payment was based on what I now actually consider foolish confidence in a brand that I thought would love me back and, actually, did even less that that.

That's a very painful thing. And so far, Jaguar has done nothing to take away the pain. I remain hopeful but no one at JLRNA have so far given me confidence.

Kristin

Old 10-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18,482 Likes on 7,451 Posts

Mike..I think this is something Jaguar might want to take a look at. Don't really want these great cars to be hacked. I'm sure the computer gooroo's can figure out sumpin to keep them safe..

TRANSLOGIC 135: CarKnow Car Hacking - Translogic

Old 10-28-2013, 06:09 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hello,

Thank you for the information I will pass this into the relevant people.

Many Thanks

Mike

Originally Posted by Jayt2
Mike..I think this is something Jaguar might want to take a look at. Don't really want these great cars to be hacked. I'm sure the computer gooroo's can figure out sumpin to keep them safe..

TRANSLOGIC 135: CarKnow Car Hacking - Translogic