XJ ( X351 ) 2009 - 2019

Running out of options

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 09:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Running out of options

My 2015 XJL Portfolio has a problem. It has been happening since I bought the car (new) 1 1/2 years ago. At various times after driving a bit (& having the ECO button pressed -I like the responsiveness) I come to a stop at a stop light or stop sign, have foot on brake, then when ready to go press accelerator - and nothing happens. The only solution is to put it in Park & then back into Drive, and then it moves. This has happened over six times in the heavy metro area where we live. Jaguar has worked on it three separate times (in fact, it's in the shop now for this) and try to fix it, but now it seems they are running out of ideas. The software is updated. Once they disconnected the 2nd battery (the one that runs the accessories in the Economy mode) and it seemed to run fine, but then told me it couldn't be left like that or my warranty would be voided... I have 16,500 miles on it, live in Texas (warm) & love my car... but when I rolled out onto a crazy busy frontage road, during one episode, and had to put the car into Park before it would drive again, is scary & I quit loving it. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts, please...

Old 09-09-2016, 09:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,141 Likes on 3,384 Posts

Since you are the original owner and the dealer has made multiple attempts to remedy this issue without success, you may want to consider a Lemon Law claim. I'm not sure about the details about how to do it in Texas, so you might want to contact a qualified lawyer.

The following users liked this post:
katlo (09-11-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 08:51 PM

Stuart, this is the road I'm going to take - whenever I get my car back...
Thank you for your support.

P.S. My husband & I got a nice chuckle out of your wife's car contents!

Stuart S (09-11-2016)
Old 09-11-2016, 09:17 PM
Veteran Member

My wife is only partly responsible, as she frequently chauffeurs our 5 and 8 year old grandkids who are always hungry after school. She keeps her car well-stocked with snacks.

Old 09-15-2016, 04:21 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by katlo
My 2015 XJL Portfolio has a problem. It has been happening since I bought the car (new) 1 1/2 years ago. At various times after driving a bit (& having the ECO button pressed -I like the responsiveness) I come to a stop at a stop light or stop sign, have foot on brake, then when ready to go press accelerator - and nothing happens. The only solution is to put it in Park & then back into Drive, and then it moves. This has happened over six times in the heavy metro area where we live. Jaguar has worked on it three separate times (in fact, it's in the shop now for this) and try to fix it, but now it seems they are running out of ideas. The software is updated. Once they disconnected the 2nd battery (the one that runs the accessories in the Economy mode) and it seemed to run fine, but then told me it couldn't be left like that or my warranty would be voided... I have 16,500 miles on it, live in Texas (warm) & love my car... but when I rolled out onto a crazy busy frontage road, during one episode, and had to put the car into Park before it would drive again, is scary & I quit loving it. If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts, please...
Good morning Katlo,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn of the comments regarding your XJL, and for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I would be more than happy to arrange for this to be investigated further, however in order for me to do so, can I please kindly request that you provide me with your vehicle and contact details.

Many thanks,
Amellia

katlo (10-17-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 02:22 PM

Amelia,
I have been waiting on Jaguar USA to find out if they were going to help me before I continued with you. They have responded and it does not look like they intend to remedy my situation. If you are still interested in my case, I will send it to you in a private message, but wanted to check with you first.
Thank you for your answer earlier.
Kathy

Old 10-17-2016, 09:26 PM
Veteran Member

Kathy,

In my previous post, I suggested that you hire a qualified lawyer to file a Texas Lemon Law claim. If you wish, you can file this claim yourself for only $35.00 and save the attorney's fees. See this website for details: TxDMV.GOV - Lemon Law

You may also want to report this safety defect to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA): Keeping You Safe | Safercar | National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

Stuart

Old 10-17-2016, 10:42 PM

Thank you Stuart. I appreciate the information since I am certain to need the help.

Old 10-18-2016, 05:31 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by katlo
Amelia,
I have been waiting on Jaguar USA to find out if they were going to help me before I continued with you. They have responded and it does not look like they intend to remedy my situation. If you are still interested in my case, I will send it to you in a private message, but wanted to check with you first.
Thank you for your answer earlier.
Kathy
Good morning Katlo,

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry to learn that you feel your concerns may not be resolved within your relevant market.

However should you wish to, please do not hesitate to provide me with your vehicle and contact details where I will be more than happy to provide this to the relevant team to ensure any assistance can be provided where necessary.

Many thanks,
Amellia