XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

2004 XJR--Info on purchase of used module.

Old 09-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 XJR--Info on purchase of used module.

My headlights, wipers, windows, glove compartment, and fuel doors buttons are not functioning. I was hoping that it was a blown fuse. However, the mechanic stated that the module needed to be replaced. Mechanic also stated that Jaguar no longer sells new modules for my vehicle and that cannot guarantee that a used module will work. If used module does not work, I'm still out of pocket for module and labor costs. Anyone ever purchased used module?

Old 09-10-2017, 04:18 PM
Received 247 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Roc3207
My headlights, wipers, windows, glove compartment, and fuel doors buttons are not functioning. I was hoping that it was a blown fuse. However, the mechanic stated that the module needed to be replaced. Mechanic also stated that Jaguar no longer sells new modules for my vehicle and that cannot guarantee that a used module will work. If used module does not work, I'm still out of pocket for module and labor costs. Anyone ever purchased used module?
If you know which module it is there are a few services on eBay that repair the older modules for a reasonable fee. Also, most salvage yards give you a 30 day guarantee so if you got a bad one you'd really only be out some shipping.

Jaguar XK Series: Jaguar Used Parts, Auto Body Supplies, Salvage Car Wrecking Junk Yard ...... also XJ8's and R models. Out towards their last 5+ pages they list a ton of modules.

Old 09-10-2017, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for info. I'm gonna check on which module it is and try to purchase myself.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:41 PM
Received 1,420 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Originally Posted by Roc3207
Check your grounds up front in the engine compartment.

The following users liked this post:
Sean W (09-11-2017)
Old 09-11-2017, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts

EDIT - original post a complete miss on my part. I started reading the wiring diagrams from the end point and didn't get to the FEM. Basically I started backwards and stopped too early.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...advice-187787/

thank you Bob.

Last edited by Sean W; 09-11-2017 at 05:35 PM. Reason: incorrect feedback sent initially
Old 09-11-2017, 05:17 PM
Received 7,856 Likes on 4,752 Posts

I believe the FEM is NLA. You can call a local dealer and inquire if that is the module that the local mechanic thinks is the fault.
Configuring modules to these cars can be 'tricky'. Be sure you understand what modules need configuration and make sure you understand the VID block.

ADMIN TSB 1-186 has info before you start something that requires tools you don't have.

There are discussions on this forum about configuring modules, both successes and failures.

bob

Attached Files
The following users liked this post:
Sean W (09-11-2017)