XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Finalizing my Audio System

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 05:52 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Finalizing my Audio System

So I have already replaced all the speakers in my XJ. Added two incredible Woofers inside the cabin. And two amplifiers.

Also Thanks to A lot of you i've put in my order for the BT streaming kit. I think he said 2-3 weeks ;(

Now Ive decided that I am in love with this car and will keep her for as long as she lives.

I will Mold (4) 4" Mid range and (4) 1" Tweeters into the A and C pillars with fiberglass and then wrap in the same suede color as my headliner.

Ive added another battery already and a third Amp for this setup. The car is torn apart at the moment again.

I will post pics along

Currently

Hertz 6.5 MLK Milli's In the doors
2-JL Audio Shallow mounts in Cabin

Two Alpine 4 Channel Amplifiers
One Big O Mono block for woofers.

Audio Control LC6 Processor

Will be a 16 Speaker system with two woofers. Im not an all out loud music, max out everything, competitor. I want clean crisp perfect sound and a system that will pick up every frequency known to man. All my Amplifiers are running at 50% they will never over heat. Mono block is 1 OHM stable I have both woofers wired to 2 ohms no abuse on Amp. Clean efficient long lasting is the goal.

Anyone eles tweak their System?

My vehicle Was equipped with the basic Non Amplified system. (No speakers in rear deck lid, and front dash) However it has Navigation And BT Handsfree I had no choice but to upgrade

Anyways I ordered the speakers and I am just about to start making my molds on the pillars I should have everything done by the time my BT Streaming Kit arrives

Last edited by Evan Trinh; 12-03-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't know a ton about aftermarket audio stuff, but your system sounds pretty awesome, kudos. I just picked up one of the BT devices, and the install was pretty easy. The only hard part was removing some of the lining in the trunk to access all the equipment, but it sounds like you won't have any issues there.

The BT device works awesome, too. Sound quality is perfect, and I've never had it drop signal.

The following 2 users liked this post by MrWest:
Evan Trinh (12-04-2015), veffremov (12-04-2015)
Old 12-04-2015, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by MrWest
I don't know a ton about aftermarket audio stuff, but your system sounds pretty awesome, kudos. I just picked up one of the BT devices, and the install was pretty easy. The only hard part was removing some of the lining in the trunk to access all the equipment, but it sounds like you won't have any issues there.

The BT device works awesome, too. Sound quality is perfect, and I've never had it drop signal.
I cant wait to get it all hooked up and working. Seems like everyone loves it.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:23 AM
Received 150 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan Trinh
I cant wait to get it all hooked up and working. Seems like everyone loves it.
Mannnn yeah, I DEFINITELY love it!!! & I know you will!..

Last edited by Marque; 12-04-2015 at 07:27 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Marque:
Evan Trinh (12-04-2015), veffremov (12-04-2015)
Old 12-04-2015, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Marque
Mannnn yeah, I DEFINITELY love it!!! & I know you will!..
Marque did you do anything to the audio system? seems like we have the same factory setup no amplifier and missing four speakers. Has BT phone and NAV

Old 12-04-2015, 01:43 PM

Marque did you do anything to the audio system? seems like we have the same factory setup no amplifier and missing four speakers. Has BT phone and NAV
Yeah we have the same 1; I didn't do anything to it tho; but to me, it sounds pretty great; it actually has more bass than my Range Rover Sport, & that has the Logic 7 premium sound system...

Old 12-04-2015, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Marque
Yeah we have the same 1; I didn't do anything to it tho; but to me, it sounds pretty great; it actually has more bass than my Range Rover Sport, & that has the Logic 7 premium sound system...
Rite on!!

It just seems to me you are a cool dude, who enjoys multimedia. I know you probably seen some of the IPAD tablet installs ive done. The stock system really isn't bad, however I have to use this car as a Demo sometimes to show customers what I can do.

The jag has better speaker placement than the range, maybe thats why it sounds better. I wish you can hear this system, you will change your mind right away

Old 12-04-2015, 02:10 PM

Hahahaha You're probly rite about that!!! I'm a producer/engineer/musician, so I have to have great/true sound.

& yeah man, I checked out ur Facebook page & saw all the iPad installs as well as some other stuff you've done. Pretty GREAT stuff dude!..

The following users liked this post:
Evan Trinh (12-04-2015)
Old 12-04-2015, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,168 Likes on 2,336 Posts

A fellow member who goes by H20Boy did an extensive audio upgrade if I recall. I think he's on the X150 forum nowadays. Maybe the X351 or both. He's a good guy with a pretty in depth knowledge of sound systems if I recollect.

I'm nearly deaf, so my audio needs are relegated to hearing aid batteries

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-audio-122700/

Evan Trinh (12-05-2015)
Old 12-04-2015, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sean Wagstaff
A fellow member who goes by H20Boy did an extensive audio upgrade if I recall. I think he's on the X150 forum nowadays. Maybe the X351 or both. He's a good guy with a pretty in depth knowledge of sound systems if I recollect.

I'm nearly deaf, so my audio needs are relegated to hearing aid batteries

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-audio-122700/
Yeah you're right Sean.

He's tricking out his x351 now tho...

I thought about the same thing when I saw what Evan was/is doing to his...

Old 12-05-2015, 01:04 AM

Good progress today. I got all the wires ran for all the new speakers. And third amplifier is installed tested and working good. I already can tell a huge difference. Can't wait to actually get the molded pods done. Pics coming soon!

Last edited by Evan Trinh; 12-05-2015 at 03:36 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:10 AM

by the way I won a poker tournament last nite

Last edited by Evan Trinh; 12-05-2015 at 03:37 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:07 AM

by the way I won a poker tournament last nite
Sweet!!! (Lemme borrow $5)

& yeah, I can't wait to see the pics; I might end up tryi,,,,,,,,,,, Nevermind. Lol

Old 12-06-2015, 08:26 PM

Back Up Camera Wired up ready for video interface.

So I found a Camera smaller than a penny which im gonna use for this setup. I will mount it right in the middle of the trunk in the back of the trunk pop button towards the front of car.

I know some mentioned running the wire thru the factory loom can be a tight fit. Well it is.

Get yourself about 7 inches of a metal hanger. Tape your wire to the hanger on one side depending if your running up or down the boot. I decided to go down. lol

Feed it through the first opening. Then half way in that loom cut a small slit so you can poke the tip through. Do it gently and watch out for the other wires. Pull all the slack out.

Mine went through smooth first try

After that you will be able to reach the end though that middle slit

There it is all clean and tucked.

Also getting ready for the BT Streaming Module from veffremov

Im hoping to be done with everything before the 17th because I have a big custom job coming up for a client.

Last edited by Evan Trinh; 12-06-2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:13 AM
Old 12-07-2015, 09:31 PM

Ok A little set back today but im happy with results. I was running my last pair of wires through the panels. I barely touch the driver kick panel and it snapped!!! dammit!!

I haven't broke a panel in years! Called Jaguar they told me it was $275. Screw that! I went to my friends upholstery store and spent about $35 for materials

I fiber glassed the kick panel back together and sanded down rough spots..

Three hours later this is what I got

Yea All this for one broken panel lol
I match the color exactly with perforated leather And upholstered all the dam panels

Showed that broken panel who's BOSS

JimC64 (12-15-2015)
Old 12-07-2015, 10:39 PM

GUY LEE

Old 12-08-2015, 07:57 PM

First off I want to thank and give a big shout out to Marque. Without your pics and info This would of been difficult. I don't know how to thank you bro!

Now of course it helps to know electrical but you saved me time and research.

Here is what I did

I got the same exact interface as Marque
about $140 but I paid the $35 extra for next day.

Here is the relay for the Negative trigger reverse wire in the vehicle.

I made the same Connections Master Marque provided us with. Double side the interface to NAV unit.

Test her with A Blue ray player Works!

Amplifier rack Complete

its a design of mine to take the amp plate off and show the guts through glass. Weird ive been doing it for years

Color changing lights with the rest of Interior

Of course I still have the 8 speakers to mold into pillars. The BT Streaming module should be here next day or so. I also bought a MXQ smart tv box.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:12 PM
Received 162 Likes on 128 Posts

Wait, does the module take the place of the nav? I was under the impression it took the place of the CD changer functionality which is why I never looked into it further. I thought about doing something using the multimedia module I have installed in the car, which flipping a switch interrupts the changer function during that time to allow Apple connectivity but haven't looked into it further.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:59 PM

Very farkin sweet Evan!!! & for courtesy same, I must say "ur welcome man", but as smart as you are with installs etc., you could've probly did this while playing a poker game! Hahaha

I just ordered an MXQ BOX to go in my son's room. I don't think anything will
replace the Tronsmart for me tho!!!

@Torrid, yeah the box that Veffromov makes acts the same as the CD changer, but of course, it's BT. But control functions from the steering wheel work etc... It doesn't have anything to do with the Nav itself...

Evan Trinh (12-08-2015)

Quick Reply: Finalizing my Audio System