XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

HL powerwash leak and dealer repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 05:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 442 Likes on 281 Posts
Default HL powerwash leak and dealer repair

This car has been to the dealer 4 times for leaking washer fluid. First 3 times the previous owner, he paid them to replace a piece of hose from the pump. Still leaked, they replaced another hose. Third time similar.

I brough it to them because I filled the washer fluid reservoir, never used it, and a week later got the "low washer fluid" message. Was told the leak was a hose on the *left* front HL washer was leaking, paid them to replace that. A week later, "washer fluid low" yet again.

Today I pulled the damn bumper off to see for myself. Found original hoses on the LH side, one small piece of new hose to the RH outer nozzle. THere was a new hose from the pump halfway up the fender well. But the major leak was coming from the RH inner nozzle itself, water just gushing out and siphoning the tank empty. I also found after refilling the tank that both of the LH nozzles are leaking slowly as well.

So for now I capped the main hose and pulled the powerwash fuse. So pretty much all the nozzles need to be replaced if I want it to work again.

I found no hoses that looked the least bit deteriorated. I'm just so sick of the dealer BS... I paid them to diagnosis this problem, they charge me to fix something that isn't broken and the problem just persists.

I've complained and complained, the dealer knows how mad I am at their service department, Jag coporate could do nothing, it's absolutely infuriating.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

yikes, sorry Mh. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't gotten mine to shoot anything out of the headlamp washers, but my pump runs, and the reservoir is full. I dunno, but its not keeping me up at night...at least this one isn't.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Veteran Member

So yours won't spray, mine won't stop leaking LOL. Just got off the phone with the dealer parts dept, the HL washer jet up to VIN H18000 are discontinued and no longer available. Probably a good reason they stopped making those jets...

The feature does not bother me, I've never had anything accumulate on my headlamps enough to need to wash them. I'll never miss them if they don't work. The thing that does keep me up at nite is that the dealer charged me to repair them, and did a half-assed repair that would have never solved the leak. I don't pay dealership prices to have some "technician" throw parts at my car.

Knowing them I would have just kept bringing the car back 3 or 4 times while they threw more pieces of hose at it, while the jets were leaking all along.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one of the jets break it just wasnt there oneday - the weather had been cold -5 or so and ice had formed under the jet and the force had blown the jet out when the windscreen washers were applied. All I had was a fountain of water, quite impressive...it actually travelled over 4 feet so there must be a hell of a lot power there. Anyhow the car was under warranty and it was covered. BUT the single jet is no longer available hence all 4 jets and tubing were replaced.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JNFGAMBLER
I had one of the jets break it just wasnt there oneday - the weather had been cold -5 or so and ice had formed under the jet and the force had blown the jet out when the windscreen washers were applied. All I had was a fountain of water, quite impressive...it actually travelled over 4 feet so there must be a hell of a lot power there. Anyhow the car was under warranty and it was covered. BUT the single jet is no longer available hence all 4 jets and tubing were replaced.
All 4 jets and the tubing come as one assembly? My dealer parts dept could not find anything. Do you have a part number for that?

Old 03-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Veteran member

Jets still sold separately, based on Gaudin's website.

Attached Thumbnails HL powerwash leak and dealer repair-capture.jpg  
Old 03-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member

Hmm... my dealer gave me the part number, C2C3373, which also comes up on jaguarparts.com as well, but he said there's no availability.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Veteran member

Could be only backordered, give it a few months and try again.