XJ XJ6 / XJ8 / XJR ( X350 & X358 ) 2003 - 2009

Workshop manuals & Torque Wrench settings

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018, 06:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Workshop manuals & Torque Wrench settings

All the necessary parts for an in-depth 100'000 miles service of my X350 XJ6 will be ordered tomorrow. I'll be ordering these through my local Jaguar main dealer, (Hatfields of Sheffield), as I found their prices to surprisingly be very reasonable and all bar a couple of items, exactly the same price as one of the main aftermarket Jaguar parts suppliers.

There is however, just one small problem....

I'm reasonably competent with the spanners, but even so, it's nice to have a Haynes Manual by my side, just to refer to if I get a little stuck, plus there's the torque wrench setting in there, (for spark plugs for example). Sadly, no Haynes Manual is available for the X350. Am I correct to assume that a Haynes Manual for the X-Type, (also with the 3.0 V6), would offer accurate torque wrench settings for all under bonnet components of the XJ6?

In advance, many thanks.

Old 04-23-2018, 02:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

Very possibly not.

If you're desperate you could risk using them as a guide.

Does JTIS not cover your car? (It has lots of such specs.)

If not, I suspect there are files about your car either on this site or JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource (maybe both) and of course worst case on jag's TOPIX.

The following users liked this post:
The Moneypit (04-23-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 04:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JagV8
Very possibly not.

If you're desperate you could risk using them as a guide.

Does JTIS not cover your car? (It has lots of such specs.)

If not, I suspect there are files about your car either on this site or JagRepair.com - Jaguar Repair Information Resource (maybe both) and of course worst case on jag's TOPIX.
Ah. That's disappointing. I've just nipped down to Halfords to buy a X-Type Haynes manual. I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that as the 3.0 X-Type and the XJ6 use the, (as far as I am aware), exact same Duratec V6, that the torque wrench settings for all engine related stuff, (spark plugs, head bolts, etc), would be the same? As far as I can tell, the only real difference is how the engines are located in the two cars. Longitudinally in the XJ, transversely in the X-Type.

Many thanks for the two links that you provided. I'll have a browse through those in a little while after I've come back from collecting the servicing parts I need from Hatfields.

Old 04-23-2018, 05:17 AM
GGG
Received 16,800 Likes on 12,169 Posts

Originally Posted by The Moneypit
..... Am I correct to assume that a Haynes Manual for the X-Type, (also with the 3.0 V6), would offer accurate torque wrench settings for all under bonnet components of the XJ6?
Assumption is a dangerous thing.

From the X350 Workshop Manual:

Graham

Attached Thumbnails Workshop manuals & Torque Wrench settings-torque-1.jpg   Workshop manuals & Torque Wrench settings-torque-2.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
The Moneypit (04-24-2018)