XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

1996 xj6

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 06:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 xj6

Remote will not let me enter the vehicle when entering by key interior lights do not come on when key is inserted in ignition ignition on lights on dash all light up as normal but car will not start there are no headlights no wipers and transmission will not come out of park battery is new car ran perfect the day before also I see no blinking light for security system

Old 04-22-2017, 07:23 PM
GGG
Received 16,767 Likes on 12,155 Posts

Welcome to the forum bigbadbill,

I've moved your question from General Tech Help to X300 forum. Members here with the same model will be able to help.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 04-23-2017, 10:57 AM
Default Remote will not let me in and car won't start

Remote control will not let me enter the car must use key no interior lights dash lights come up as normal when key is on but nothing happens car will not start also have no headlights no wipers and security system does not seem to be working battery is new car work perfect the day before

Old 04-23-2017, 12:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 269 Likes on 201 Posts

The symptoms you described are inconsistent with a car with a new car battery.

US X300s have no immobilizer or transponder key, and it would be odd that the alarm did not go off. Maybe the car still "thinks" that it is locked, or the engine has not been shut down, i.e. signal sequencing may have been disrupted during the car battery change or last shut down (did you use the key or remote to lock?).

I would back track by first ruling out the possibility of weak batteries on the remote, and re-try using the remote for entry. If you have more than one remote and the first one did not succeed, try the other. Nonetheless, I highly suspect that the car battery is the primary culprit.

Old 04-23-2017, 02:09 PM
Default Still locked out

I put in NEW battery and yes I did lock the car with the remote. BUT WAY DO I HAVE NO lights wipers interior lights and security does not seem to be on and I do not hear the fuel pump when I turn the key to the on position

Old 04-23-2017, 02:10 PM
Default Still locked out

I have tried both remotes the lights on the remote seem to blank strong

Old 04-23-2017, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member

If you are certain the car battery is still good, the symptoms you described might be caused by a failed Body Processing Module. The BPM governs on/off signals to various body parts (ECU, cabin lights, wipers, starter, ignition, fuel pump, etc.).

Last edited by Qvhk; 04-23-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:40 AM
Default Still locked out

Originally Posted by Qvhk
If you are certain the car battery is still good, the symptoms you described might be caused by a failed Body Processing Module. The BPM governs on/off signals to various body parts (ECU, cabin lights, wipers, starter, ignition, fuel pump, etc.).

thank you for your help, I was thinking body process module, hope that is it , now to find one that won't be an arm and leg and hope that will fix it.
IS IT THE ONE IN THE TRUNK?????

Old 04-24-2017, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member

It is behind the glove box. Check out this module location diagram.

I found another thread with symptoms similar to yours.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...cessor-100218/

Good luck!

Old 04-24-2017, 10:43 AM
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Do the lights work if that impact sensor switch (dang forget the name) is tripped?
Does the radio work ( I'm pretty sure AC and radio are off if that sensor if tripped)?

Old 04-24-2017, 11:51 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by smartobject
Do the lights work if that impact sensor switch (dang forget the name) is tripped?
Does the radio work ( I'm pretty sure AC and radio are off if that sensor if tripped)?
You meant the "inertia switch"? When tripped, it only prevents the engine from firing up by isolating the ignition circuit and fuel pump, and automatically unlocks the doors. Here is an extract from the Driver's Handbook.

But bigbadbill has described more extensive dysfunction of various parts.

The following users liked this post:
smartobject (04-24-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 08:19 AM
Default still locked out still locked out

I replaced the body module and the car started right up but the security system is still not working remotes don't work and car will not go into learning mode the the module was a rebuild and said it must be programmed for everything to work properly but the car was running fine before I could get someone to reprogram the car is now doing the same thing all over again now car won't start again exact same symptoms hard to believe that it would be burning out a body module just sitting in my driveway this car has got me pulling my hair out