XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

plans for my XJ6L

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 11:31 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default plans for my XJ6L

This will probably **** some off, and others will be interested. Since i finally got the CEL/misfire issues lined out, now I can focus on what I originally wanted to do to the car when I first laid eyes on it.

I build bikes and vehicles. The XJ6L is so sexy I have grand idears on how I want it to end up. To begin with.......20's with wide low profile tires, limo tint all around (it's legal here in vegas because of the sun in the desert), and slamming it. Kind of a version of my current bike I built, which I will post pictures of soon.

Do the hardcore Jag enthusiasts think I'm ruining it or making it my own style to enjoy?

Old 08-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,756 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Originally Posted by bad94flstn
Do the hardcore Jag enthusiasts think I'm ruining it or making it my own style to enjoy?

Do whatcha like. It's your car :-)

But, since you specifically asked....it sounds like you're ruining it! Understated and conservative is the way to go when modifying Jags. A little bit goes a very long way :-)

Cheers
DD

Old 08-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

If you do, please post some pics!

Old 08-27-2012, 03:08 AM
GGG
Received 16,794 Likes on 12,165 Posts

It'll certainly divide opinions!

Graham

Old 08-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's your car, do what you want with it...but since you asked...

I think you'd be ruining it. If you want to DUB something out and slam it, get a BMW or Mercedes. If you do it to the Jag, just make sure you wear your pants low so your underwear shows, wear a baseball cap backwards, and don't tie your shoes...and while you're at it, don't forget about the Lambo doors, underbody neon lights, fake side vents, rear wing, and dual fart can exhausts...yeah, you'd be rollin' wit da homies now...

Last edited by socal1200r; 08-27-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:46 PM
Received 969 Likes on 642 Posts

I gotta agree with Doug and socal.........

But it IS your car........... enjoy!

Old 08-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

it all sounds easily reversible, so go for it

Old 08-27-2012, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by socal1200r
It's your car, do what you want with it...but since you asked...

I think you'd be ruining it. If you want to DUB something out and slam it, get a BMW or Mercedes. If you do it to the Jag, just make sure you wear your pants low so your underwear shows, wear a baseball cap backwards, and don't tie your shoes...and while you're at it, don't forget about the Lambo doors, underbody neon lights, fake side vents, rear wing, and dual fart can exhausts...yeah, you'd be rollin' wit da homies now...
Lol socal, I expected all different types of opinions, that's why I posted what I did, and I respect your opinion as well. If this car had collector potential and I had aspirations of someday hoping to get 120,000 for it with a Barrett-Jackson auction, I'd keep it bone stock and restore it to pristine condition. It's a beautiful car to me, and with a little modifications it will be MY Jaguar.

As for the other stuff , I don't wear underwear so I keep my pants fully up. "Homies" wear their cap forwards with the bill completely straight and 3 sizes too big (I wear mine "redneck" style, imma country boy, backerds with bent bill). I wear riding boots, not "shoes", and yup I lace em up real good. I build bikes and have to laugh at the folk that want neon on their bikes, as well as cars. There is no "faux" anything on any rig I ever have owned, if it ain't functional why have it? Kinda like a gal stuffin her bra with kleenex, eventually somebody gonna find out. The fart can exhausts have a dirty sound, can't stand it.

The wife don't want me to change a thing on it either, cept for the window tinting, that's a necessity in the desert. She sure seems to love the way I "cholo'd" my bike out though . Haven't totally decided yet what I'm going to do to it, that's why I solicit opinions and weigh the pro's and cons. I do truly consider all opinions, (except totally closed-minded folk that think their way is the only way).

Old 08-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,638 Likes on 1,066 Posts

I'm with Doug, SoCal and XJRGuy....it's your car and you've earned the right to ruin it with your purchase

HeHe....regards the baseball cap....I had occasion just last Sunday to instruct a couple of my teenage boys (13, 17)

"Now lads, they tell me times have changed markedly since I was your age and you are growing up in a far different world. I suppose it is true; I never recall facing the dilemma you-lot obviously do. So I give you this: If ever you are getting yourself ready to go to school or out with your friends and you glance in the mirror and think to yourself, "Y'know? I just don't look schtoopit enough...." - grab a baseball cap." (while dad nods towards big-screen showing a bass-ackwards-cap-wearing yute looking stupid enough to fit into ANY crowd!)

Old 08-27-2012, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by aholbro1
I'm with Doug, SoCal and XJRGuy....it's your car and you've earned the right to ruin it with your purchase

HeHe....regards the baseball cap....I had occasion just last Sunday to instruct a couple of my teenage boys (13, 17)

"Now lads, they tell me times have changed markedly since I was your age and you are growing up in a far different world. I suppose it is true; I never recall facing the dilemma you-lot obviously do. So I give you this: If ever you are getting yourself ready to go to school or out with your friends and you glance in the mirror and think to yourself, "Y'know? I just don't look schtoopit enough...." - grab a baseball cap." (while dad nods towards big-screen showing a bass-ackwards-cap-wearing yute looking stupid enough to fit into ANY crowd!)
Seen your present vehicle list, very nice. I've had 9 jeeps and would love to tech talk ya on those. However.....Grand Marquis? hmmmm, fine bit of engineering

Old 08-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bad94flstn

Good to see you have a sense of humor! Agreed that dark tint is a must for those hot desert temps, but big wheels with rubber band tires is a bit much IMHO. Might look nice, but rides like crap. I'm more of a form follows function person, so it should work first and look nice as a side-benefit. Same goes with motorcycles. I've been riding bikes since the early 80's, but not much of a Harley fan. Shows like American Choppers are good for comic-relief, there's no way I'd ride one of Senior's or Junior's bikes. Again, they might look nice, but they're highly impractical for everyday street use, more relegated to the usual HD duty of being a trailer queen.

But again, it's your car, do whatever floats your boat (if that's possible out there in Nevada)!

Old 08-27-2012, 11:12 PM

I concur actually socal. I have a 325is that is really fun to drive, but I'd pick my Jag anyday to drive. I'll probably go a little more subtle, (still puttin 18's on it tho, no lowering, and gettin winder tint).

For the record though, wearin ur hat backerds is what folk do to keep from bumpin the bill of it while workin on somethin.