XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

New JTIS21 CD download with download instructions

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 05:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,618 Likes on 874 Posts

Hi
Transator also fixed the link in the general-tech-help section of the forum thread: Large Files Download: at bottom of post#1 - Jtis21 CD with download instructions (same jtis files but they are on the large files download mediafire account that Translator maintains).

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...r-index-50609/

Jim Lombardi

The following users liked this post:
JagPiglet (12-02-2017)
Old 11-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Laptop JTIS Installation

Originally Posted by bluerdg
I put the files on the hard drive. I work with computers and have collected an assortment of laptops. I took one with a case that was worn and set it up to use in my shop. I have it set up with all my shop related info, code scanner, forum bookmarks, etc. I can sit in the shop and review and research, then take it to the car. I had it set up on the back tray with a great step by step pictorial DIY when I did my timing chains. It's a beater unit, so a little grease here and there doesn't hurt, but I don't imagine greasy thumbprints on a CD would work that well. I didn't have any issues wih the install (as others have posted), It's installed on a Win 7 (32bit) machine. Downloaded, ran setup, got a DAO required message, ran it, and started using the program. Thanks, now that I know I need to start with the '98 model and work forward, it will definitely be a welcome addition to my resources.

After much assistance from lots of you with difficulties trying to load JTIS on my Windows 7 pc, I did the same thing as bluerdg. I had a laptop with Windows XP loaded. I downloaded Jim's JTIS. It works like a champ. I also have the ability to take the laptop to the veicle. Great idea! Thanks all of you for the help.

Old 12-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did the jtis download using hard drive storage and got everythig installed and running, but as soon as I tried to use it it aske me load my CD. Tried everything I could think of to get around it but to no avail. Any ideas?
Thanks
Chuck

Old 12-20-2011, 06:13 PM
Veteran Member

Hi chuck
Did you run setup.exe from the folder on your harddrive (such as C:\JTIS21 ver (D)\setup.exe)? Try running the setup.exe again from the harddrive. It will reinstall the JTIS21 viewer by replacing the existing viewer that is asking for the CD.

That is all you need to do to fix it.

Jim Lombardi

Old 12-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Jim
I finally got jtis to work by putting all the files in a high level area on C:/jtis21 and running setup from there.
I'm on university server? and they keep a copy of all our folders in a safiles area. after you told me to have all the files I downloaded in the same directory I started looking closely at where they were going and found \\Safiles\root$\chucksch\My Documents\jtis21 I don't know how all this backup stuff works so I got around the problem by going to the c:\jtis21 and it worked. Now I'll try to find your how to use it doc and start learning about Jags not computers!
Thanks Again
Chuck

Old 12-31-2011, 09:13 AM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,010 Likes on 717 Posts
Default JTIS installed

Thanks for the files. Looking forward to following the manual for a change ;-)
I run XP in a virtualbox environment from my mac... and this works flawlessly.

Cheers All!

Old 01-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Jim, Thanks for your wonderful contributions to the Forum and to us. I bought a new 64-bit Win7 computer and could not install the JTIS files. I got the impression that 64-bit install help was on the way, but I decided not to wait. I resurrected a 32-bit Win XP laptop and installed JTIS21 following your specific instructions. At first it downloaded but wouldn't function properly. Then I saw youe reference to DAO350/setup and ran it. Now it works beautifully, and I am a very happy camper. Once again thank you.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member

Hi
I have been exchanging emails with forum member Alvin Burns. Alvin has successfully installed JTIS21 edited version software on his new win7 64 bit pc by following the new install method in the new sticky thread here in this subforum.

Jim Lombardi

The following users liked this post:
SuperSport (01-06-2012)
Old 01-06-2012, 06:25 PM
Received 120 Likes on 69 Posts

FYI: I've also installed it on my Win7 64bit. Thanks Jim!

Old 04-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just loaded up your downloads of JTIS...thanks alot!!

Old 06-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Hi Jim, everything was going fine up to the point I tried to download the 1st rar file and the server started asking me for 2 words and then I would get an error. Am I doing something wrong?

Old 06-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

Hi Steve
I also tried used Internet Explorer (ver 9 -64 bit on my Win7 -64 bit PC) to download the JTIS21 part1.exe and had the same trouble (mediafire screen asking for 2 word -that appear in box and authorize button). It also gave a lot of popup screens.

I had no problem (the 2 word and authorized button did not appear) with this download on my wife's XP 32 bit (Internet Explorer ver 8) PC.

Then I tried Mozilla Firefox ver 11.0 (on my Win7 64 bit PC) and download started immediate after I choose the save file option.

I am advising you to try using Mozilla Firefox ver 11.0 to download the JTIS21 archive files (if you have a Win7 -64 bit PC and Internet Explorer ver 9 - 64 bit).

Jim Lombardi

Old 06-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Good morning Jim,

Thank you for the additional information. I was eventually able to get the 3 files downloaded but, have been unsuccessful in getting my laptop to recognize the new version of JTIS. I continually end up launching up the older version even though the older version has been removed via control panel.

I am starting from scratch later this evening because I know it will work; i've just got something hanging around that pulls up the older version. I plan on also searching the registry for old links.

I am using a Panasonic Toughbook CF-C1 that is running on 32, with Windows 8 OS Pre-Release and Firefox 13.

Thank you again for the assistance.

Best,
Steven

Old 06-28-2012, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member

Hi StevenUSANH

The JTIS21 software uses the JJTIS.INI file to find locate the folder that houses the applications data (including the startup information).

In windows 7 the JJTIS.INI file is in multiple locations (this is also probably true in the windows 8 operating system):

C:\Users/User/APPData/Local/VitualStore/Windows folder
C:\Windows

I did some testing on which JJTIS.INI file that the C:\Jaguar\jjtis.exe is currently using on my Win7 - 64 bit PC.

The result of the test showed it is using the JJTIS.INI in the C:\Users/User/APPData/Local/VitualStore/Windows folder

On my wife's XP 32 bit PC, The jjtis.exe is using the jjtis.ini in the C:\Windows folder.

Here is a PDF of the changes I made to view hidden jjtis files on the Win7 64 bit operating system :

JTIS21 C Drive Folder Options - listing of jjtis.ini files.pdf

I created this PDF file for another forum member that was having the same type of issue using JTIS21 - getting jjtis error message "Please insert CD in CD disk drive"

Information about the Test:

I noticed that the JJTIS.INI file that is being used (C:\Users/User/APPData/Local/VitualStore/Windows folder) when I run the jjtis.exe in the C:\jaguar folder.

I did a test by creating 2 other JJTIS (INI) files in that folder (C:\Users/User/APPData/Local/VitualStore/Windows). One file is an empty file, another file points to a data folder I created with only model year 2001 XJ8, I also left the real correct file in the folder.

The 3 JJTIS INI files that I now have in the folder.

The first jjtis.ini file is the correct one the data folder with all the model years & models.
next one jjtis2.ini is the test file to points the only model year 2001 XJ8 data.
The last jjtis3.ini is another test file that is empty file

Testing
Test 1 - I renamed jjtis.ini to jjtis1.ini
then I renamed jjtis2.ini to jjtis.ini - Running the jjtis.exe in c:/jaguar folder opened the JTIS21 screen without any problems and when I selected the 2001 XJ8 model it opened correctly, all other model years gave a not found error.

Test 2 I renamed jjtis.ini back to jjtis2.ini
then I renamed jjtis3 to jjtis.ini - Running the jjtis.exe in c;/jaguar folder brought pop-up error screen

I also after test2 I deleted jjtis.ini (jjtis3 contents) thinking the jjtis.exe would now use the jjtis.ini in windows folder, but it still brought up the pop-up error screen.
Apparently win7 is not using jjtis.ini that is in C:\Windows folder.

Jim Lombardi

Last edited by jimlombardi; 06-28-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

downloading to win 7 64. thank you much 8^)

Old 07-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 883 Likes on 472 Posts

Hi, I just installed JITS21 in an XP laptop, tried to run the DAO35 but get an error,

"Another application is currently using DAO, close other applications to continue", however no other appliactions are running.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by RaceDiagnostics; 07-12-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member

Hi
Forum member RaceDiagnostics JTIS install issue with the dao350.dll has been resolved.

There was no dao350.dll on this winxp 32 bit PC.

He was able to fix the problem with placing the dao350.dll file (that he downloaded per my instructions in PMs) into the dao folder.

Then he registered the dao350.dll into the winxp software system (per msword documents provided in PMs).

His JTIS software is now working properly.

Jim Lombardi

Old 09-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

HI

All is god untill I´m trying to run the Setup.exe then i get this messege

16 bit Windows Subsystem

SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDriv ers. Virtual Device Driver format in the registry is invalid. Chose ´Close´ to terminate the application.

I´m running VISTA in 32 bit Home Premium

Old 09-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member
Default Vista 32 bit notes on installing JTIS

Hi jaggachafen
Did you try running the setup.exe in compatability mode?

Here are the instructions I found on the internet:
"Right click on the program file (the .EXE or .COM file).

In properties, click on the Compatability tab.
Check 'run this program in compatability mode for' and select Windows XP in the drop down menu.

Also at the bottom of the compatability tab, check 'run this program as administrator'."

Here is a weblink to microsoft support on the issue:

The microsoft article also has a link to this other one: Make older programs run in this version of Windows

Lists instructions on how to do it:

Jim Lombardi

Last edited by jimlombardi; 09-17-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

None of the above works for me

Ill try downloading it again incase it was damaged..

Quick Reply: New JTIS21 CD download with download instructions