XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 XK Coupe iPod cord

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 XK Coupe iPod cord

Just a quick question here... I recently had the iPod cord installed in my 2007 XK Coupe in the center console and glove box connection. When I plug in my iPod, the song names do not come up on the screen and the only way to change the songs are on the steering wheel or the iPod (you cannot change them with the dash buttons).

The dealership told me this is the third generation of this iPod cord kit and it does not have the capabilities to have the names on the screen or to use the buttons on the dash to change the songs. The service manager told me old editions would come up with the Jaguar logo on the iPod... and you would be able to see the songs and control it on the screen (like most cars do!)

Does anyone know if there is any way to have this done in the new kit?

Thank you for any help anyone has to offer!

Old 08-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

If you have the latest software the dealership is correct. I have this in my '07 XK and it is not very elegant. You are limited to steering wheel controls and the iPod itself, there is no display on the screen nor can you use the controls on the dash. Here is a link to the owners guide for the Audio Connectivity Module, http://dension.com/jaguar/AM%208W83%2018C941AA.pdf. The older edition the dealer is referring to is for pre '07 cars that had the CD changer in the trunk. The integration was to use the CD changer controls for the iPod. This is not possible with the '07 because the changer is integrated in the head unit.

Last edited by sorapp; 08-24-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like it is working like it is supposed to. You will not see anything on the screen except the word AUX and a nifty picture of some RCA connectors.

I opted to install a mount for my iPhone so that I could see what was playing and/or navigate the iPhone/iPod menus.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:57 PM

This really stinks! Thank you both for responding. I appreciate it. I still love the car, but coming from a car that used to have this integrated into the screen and dash controls, this is quite disappointing.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:57 PM

I too was very disapointed with the lack of iPod intragration in a 2008 high end vehicle. After I got everything installed and mounted though, it's not a bad solution. With the placement of the mount, I find it easier and faster to navigate all the music on my iPhone directly on it opposed to a head unit interface. My wife has

I have a few photos of the mount and dock here:

http://s805.photobucket.com/albums/yy335/fstick09/

Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:00 AM

I agree with fstick. The functionality is actually better in the car with the controls in the iPod/iPhone. I had a 10' XFR with biult in controls for the iPhone/iPod as a loaner. I found the controls cumbersome and you need to go to the audio tab to change them ( son also need to return to the nav screen if you happen to be using it at the time. if albulm art was displayed on screen or the controls more user friendly then I would love to have to controls be where they should be. Unfortunately the newer intergration I don't think is much better

Old 11-06-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by fstick09
Sounds like it is working like it is supposed to. You will not see anything on the screen except the word AUX and a nifty picture of some RCA connectors.

I opted to install a mount for my iPhone so that I could see what was playing and/or navigate the iPhone/iPod menus.
Would you mind posting a photo? Originally, they took out the cupholders to put in the connection jacks (yikes). I then had them move it to the center glovebox. I hooked up an old iPhone 3 in there. It originally wouldn't charge. The dealer had to tweak it to get it to work correctly.

I'm still hoping someone can figure out a way to update the firmware such that the telephone answer button on the steering wheel can initiate voice control. That would make my life much, much easier.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:37 AM

Hey dlleon,

There was a link to my pics in the same post that your quoted. PM me if you can't access it.

Old 03-21-2021, 06:28 AM
Default 2008 XK aux

Originally Posted by sorapp
If you have the latest software the dealership is correct. I have this in my '07 XK and it is not very elegant. You are limited to steering wheel controls and the iPod itself, there is no display on the screen nor can you use the controls on the dash. Here is a link to the owners guide for the Audio Connectivity Module, http://dension.com/jaguar/AM%208W83%2018C941AA.pdf. The older edition the dealer is referring to is for pre '07 cars that had the CD changer in the trunk. The integration was to use the CD changer controls for the iPod. This is not possible with the '07 because the changer is integrated in the head unit.

Hi. Just so that I’m understanding everything correctly, there is not an aux port at the rear side of the radio head unit? You must purchase the specific ACM cable harness for the 2008 XK, have the dealer turn on the aux option in the IDX, in order to play music from your iPhone through your oem stereo system?