XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Alcon Calipers rebuild ...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 02:57 PM
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Alcon Calipers rebuild ...

So I found out during the process of changing or attempting to change my brake pads that the calibers need rebuilding it seems that the Pistons are so corroded that if we just clean them up and push them back and put the new pads in that it’s going to cause the calibers to late for sure at some. In time. Does anyone know where to get rebuild kits or get rebuilt calipers these are the Alcon that are red with the are on them six piston front and four piston rear so I found out during the process of changing or attempting to change my brake pads that calibers need rebuilding it seems that the Pistons are so corroded that if we just clean them up and push them back and put the new pads and that it’s going to cause the calibers to late for sure some. In time. Does anyone know where to get rebuild kits or get rebuilt calipers these are the Alcon that are red with the are on them six piston front and four piston weird.
Jaguar wants $4200.00 for a new one front.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by ‘Oleguy
So I found out during the process of changing or attempting to change my brake pads that the calibers need rebuilding it seems that the Pistons are so corroded that if we just clean them up and push them back and put the new pads in that it’s going to cause the calibers to late for sure at some. In time. Does anyone know where to get rebuild kits or get rebuilt calipers these are the Alcon that are red with the are on them six piston front and four piston rear so I found out during the process of changing or attempting to change my brake pads that calibers need rebuilding it seems that the Pistons are so corroded that if we just clean them up and push them back and put the new pads and that it’s going to cause the calibers to late for sure some. In time. Does anyone know where to get rebuild kits or get rebuilt calipers these are the Alcon that are red with the are on them six piston front and four piston weird.
You need the part number of your caliper then search the net. I have seen 27mm pistons for $65 each . they also have seal kits. On line prices match the jag number.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Alcon sells new seal kits:

FRONT:

https://alconkits.com/alcon-brake-se...eal-kit-detail

Rears are 31.8mm, haven't found any kits yet

https://alconkits.com/alcon-brake-se...-stripe-detail

wiper seal: snw3432x603

Last edited by jahummer; 05-22-2018 at 05:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Stuart S (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 06:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,141 Likes on 3,384 Posts

So I found out during the process of changing or attempting to change my brake pads that the calipers need rebuilding it seems that the Pistons are so corroded ...
How many miles on your 2008 XKR Portfolio?

Old 05-22-2018, 07:13 PM
Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by jahummer
Alcon sells new seal kits:

FRONT:

https://alconkits.com/alcon-brake-se...eal-kit-detail

Rears are 31.8mm, haven't found any kits yet

https://alconkits.com/alcon-brake-se...-stripe-detail

wiper seal: snw3432x603
Jahummer,
Thank you. I called Alcon USA after much searching. Located in Illinois. I spoke to owner Chris. They have a deal thats not too awful bad.
Send in 2 Calibers & 95$ that gets you tear down and the needed pats identified as well as return shipping. You are then notified actual cost to rebuild & pressure tested. 2-3 week turn around & average @ 250-300 per caliber.
I bought the car to do my own work as I turned wrenches for many many years. But with an option like that I have to think about it. I would just have to sell a few things I haven’t used in years.
But the rebuild kits for that cheap is awesome. Thanks again.

The following users liked this post:
jahummer (05-22-2018)