XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Audio Connectivity Module for 2008 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 06:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm pretty sure that if you list your music on the USB in files (album names ?) you can select next track and also next album using the steering wheel controls. One up flick for next track and flick and hold to go to next album.

regards

Old 03-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Received 76 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnj
Has anyone tried the dice electronics module? I am looking for alternatives for a 07 xk and this seems like a much less inexpensive option to the ACM. It does require an antenna hook up. Does jag use a standard antenna connector or will I need an adapter?
Thanks for your help!
It sounds like its transmitting the signal to the head unit via FM. If so, the sound quality will be very noticeably worse than a wired hookup.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any one know a good place to buy this module? I got a quote from the local Jag dealer in Houston for $785 installed. They quoted the part at $500. Seems high to me.

Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by RichmondXK
Any one know a good place to buy this module? I got a quote from the local Jag dealer in Houston for $785 installed. They quoted the part at $500. Seems high to me.
Call David at Nalley Jaguar (One of our Forum sponsors...) We get a discount and he has certainly won me over as a return customer...

Vince

Old 04-15-2013, 08:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Advice on removing 2007 XK trim

Originally Posted by xkjames
I have a 2008 Portfolio XKR and for some time have wanted to pursue options for connecting an Ipod or USB device to the sound system. In searching the forums, I could not find definitive information about exactly which ACM was correct, what the installation entailed, or what the ultimate functionality would be after installation. When I researched which module was appropriate, I found three different numbers referenced. In fact, when I called Corporate Jaguar Customer Service and two different Jaguar dealers, I got three different numbers. Finally, I decided that I would trust the answer I received from Corporate Jaguar Customer Service. The reason for this confidence was that they took the serial number of my car and researched the topic before calling me back three days later. The appropriate number for my car is part no: C2P16491. I have installed it and am delighted with the results. If you are interested in further information, I will attempt to answer the questions I raised above.

Which ACM? C2P16491 According to the informaion with the module this unit fits all new XK's from 2007.

How much did the ACM cost? $278 plus tax from my local Jag dealer

What does the installation entail? The module consist of a very complete kit which includes a module in a plastic case, USB connection port, RCA cable input jacks, connector for an IPOD, major wiring harness with multiple connectors directly compatible with the existing Jag harness, various connecting cables, and installaion brackets and hardware. I found the kit very professional with very clear instructions. To install the kit, the hardest part is carefully removing the dash and console trim pieces. The center trim around the sound system/GPS/Climate control must be removed and then the entire sound system/GPS/Climate control must be removed as a single unit. The center console trim must also be removed. The instructions are clear in showing how to perform these steps. The entire glove compartment unit must also be removed. Once you reach this step, the actual installation of the kit hardware is very straigtforward. The entire installation took me about 3 hours and much of that time was studying and planning my way forward.

Once the system is installed, YOU MUST TAKE IT TO A JAG DEALER AND THEY MUST PROGRAM THE SYSTEM TO RECOGNIZE THE NEW HARDWARE. This costs me $140.

Now the functionality: When the system is programed you will notice a new icon "Aux" on the screen in addition to the existing "AM/FM" and "CD". When "Aux" is chosen you now have the option of playing an Ipod from the center console compartment or plugging a USB flash drive into the USB port in the glove compartment. You can select between these devices by way of a switch on the USB port in the glove compartment. The only thing you see on the main screen is the "Aux" icon. Only the steering wheel controls of volume and program selection function and enable you to move from file to file and control volume. Using the Ipod allows to you view and make selections from the Ipod screen. When using a USB flash drive, you can only blindly advance to the next song using the steering wheel control. I admit the functionality is a bit limited but it certainly beats the alternative. Bottom line is, I found the ACM kit well made and easy to install and I am very happy to have the connectivity even if the music menus do not appear on the main screen. If anyone has other questions, I am happy to respond.
Hi there. I'm not sure if this is the right way to ask a question. I apologie if it is incorrect. I have downloaded the installation manual for the ACM. It does not explain how to remove the wood and metal trim around the head unit and the console area. Could you please advise me as to how to do this. I have a 2007 Jac XK convertible. Any other tips would also be very helpful. I am a tech person but not to sure about the trim removal.

Thanks

Old 05-25-2013, 07:26 AM
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Toppntch, this DIY iPhone Dock thread may help. Muddydog provides some photos of him carefully prying up/off the trim panels (and then goes on to document a first-class DIY project). Be very careful though - at least a flat putty knife or flat/wide plastic blade, and something between that and the leather trim. I started with a screwdriver and that won't do it - more likely to do damage to the trim panel.

Last edited by bart_redline99; 05-25-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio connectivity module

Hi I have obtained an audio connectivity module, but no cables or auxiliary input unit. My question Is there someone out there who has easy access to the auxiliary input head and can tell me which colour wire goes to where. I need to know the wiring for the reset button, led, and ACM to CDC switch. If anyone can help it would be a great help, thanks.