XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Battery flat, even with C-Tek -so what's the point???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2018, 04:18 PM
Received 228 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by jahummer
So about about a week has passed since I took the car out, been on the Ctek with doors double locked. Drove for about an hour and the Ctek status indicator was flashing yellow when I came home. Plugged it in and it is now going through the standard laborious one step at a time.

Would this be an indication of anything out of spec?
Hi Jeremy,

Hope you are kicking butt as usual!!

This might give you some reference. I just installed new Bosch AGM in mine (finally MADE it fit with some tweaking) and spent 30 minutes on "Ignition 1" reprogramming windows (3 times each up and down), restoring all the Infotainment settings, plus seat programming, P-brake, etc. FYI, NO Low Battery Warning on screen the whole time, then fired it up and let it run at idle for approx 10 minutes or so for idle reprogramming, and tweaking the sound on wide open. Then another 15 minutes of putting everything back together with hatch open.

Another 4 hours later I decided to plug the CTek back in and the comfort indicator was green, checking it 30 minutes after that I am now on Stage 7.

Hope that helps,

Dave

The following users liked this post:
jahummer (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 05:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,241 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by 10XKR
Hi Jeremy,

Hope you are kicking butt as usual!!

This might give you some reference. I just installed new Bosch AGM in mine (finally MADE it fit with some tweaking) and spent 30 minutes on "Ignition 1" reprogramming windows (3 times each up and down), restoring all the Infotainment settings, plus seat programming, P-brake, etc. FYI, NO Low Battery Warning on screen the whole time, then fired it up and let it run at idle for approx 10 minutes or so for idle reprogramming, and tweaking the sound on wide open. Then another 15 minutes of putting everything back together with hatch open.

Another 4 hours later I decided to plug the CTek back in and the comfort indicator was green, checking it 30 minutes after that I am now on Stage 7.

Hope that helps,

Dave
Hi Dave

Sure am, headed back to Sebring, working on Schroth harnesses and race seats now.

Glad you found an AGM to fit. My experience has been much the same, green after install and before Ctek hook up and green for the first week or so, although the initial cycle the day of install as I mentioned it took the MUS43 almost a day to get to step 7 even though the indicator was green. Today the indicator was yellow even after having been on the Ctek and driven for about an hour, took only a few hours to get to step 7 which has been on par with the previous battery for the last few years.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts

My Ctek functions just the way that Jagtoes does and I put the Ctek on the car every night. By the way the Ctek is the 4.3

jahummer (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by jahummer
Hi Dave

Sure am, headed back to Sebring, working on Schroth harnesses and race seats now.

Glad you found an AGM to fit. My experience has been much the same, green after install and before Ctek hook up and green for the first week or so, although the initial cycle the day of install as I mentioned it took the MUS43 almost a day to get to step 7 even though the indicator was green. Today the indicator was yellow even after having been on the Ctek and driven for about an hour, took only a few hours to get to step 7 which has been on par with the previous battery for the last few years.
This would raise a question in my mind about the charge in your battery. It shouldn't take more then a half hour for the Ctek to run through the 7 steps. I would look at the battery and verify if it has a full charge. Also if you put a meter on the battery with the Ctek running and at step 7 you should be getting 13.7 volts.

jahummer (05-11-2018)