XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can someone help I.D. these connectors in the trunk?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 12:35 PM
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Can someone help I.D. these connectors in the trunk?

Would anyone here be able to help me ID a couple parts here?

1.) The white/semi clear insert which is used in several locations on the trunk lid. They snap into a square shaped hole cut in the aluminum that is about 8.25mm square. They are an absolute devil to remove without completely destroying. I am looking for a part number to order replacements.

2.) The flat black rectangular connector. There are 2 of these, one on each side of the car. Located in the trunk near the rear quarter panels. I have no idea what they are for, they are currently unhooked and not running to anything. Does anyone know what they go to?

3.) The black terminal plug. This plug has a plastic snap on it that holds it to a bracket in the very backside of the car, mounted to the rear panel assembly on the driver side. Is this used for anything? I am installing the 2010 LED Taillight conversion kit currently and Adamesh instructs to attach some relays on these terminals. This is fine, as they are open, but my curiosity is asking the question, what is this plug normally used for?

Attaching photos.
Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails Can someone help I.D. these connectors in the trunk?-unknown_insert.jpeg   Can someone help I.D. these connectors in the trunk?-unknown_connector.jpeg   Can someone help I.D. these connectors in the trunk?-terminal.jpeg  
Old 02-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
Smile Parts

Originally Posted by M6XKR
Would anyone here be able to help me ID a couple parts here?

1.) The white/semi clear insert which is used in several locations on the trunk lid. They snap into a square shaped hole cut in the aluminum that is about 8.25mm square. They are an absolute devil to remove without completely destroying. I am looking for a part number to order replacements.

2.) The flat black rectangular connector. There are 2 of these, one on each side of the car. Located in the trunk near the rear quarter panels. I have no idea what they are for, they are currently unhooked and not running to anything. Does anyone know what they go to?

3.) The black terminal plug. This plug has a plastic snap on it that holds it to a bracket in the very backside of the car, mounted to the rear panel assembly on the driver side. Is this used for anything? I am installing the 2010 LED Taillight conversion kit currently and Adamesh instructs to attach some relays on these terminals. This is fine, as they are open, but my curiosity is asking the question, what is this plug normally used for?

Attaching photos.
Thanks!
The white semi clear insert can be bought at any body shop supply or paint supply hous. Just look up sherwin williams automotive finishes or PPG Paint and glass on google in your area. they come in a pack of twelve. Dont go to the dealer, they cost too much!!. U can also get them at a body shop. I often go to body shops to buy fasteners, and they usually are more than happy to give you a couple free.. For the connectors: get out your Fluke meter or whatever meter u have and put it on 12 volts DC. Have some one start the car and go thru turn signals, lites, brakes etc. while you have the leads from the meter on the terminals in the connector. you will either see it bounce if it is a analog needle meter or see the numbers flas back and forth from 14 volts down to whtever, if it is a digital meter such as a Fluke. Cause the car is a Euro car the terminals mite not be used in the U.S. for anything and are just there. If it is a live plug with a constant 14 volt readit is usually plugged with a green plug. Most Euro cars use the same wiring harness for both their Euro vehicles and U.S. bound vehicles and leave connectors like this going to nowhere.. It is much cheaper for the factory to do it this way. Wish you the best!!

Last edited by SoCal Babe; 02-23-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by SoCal Babe
The white semi clear insert can be bought at any body shop supply or paint supply hous. Just look up sherwin williams automotive finishes or PPG Paint and glass on google in your area. they come in a pack of twelve. Dont go to the dealer, they cost too much!!. U can also get them at a body shop. I often go to body shops to buy fasteners, and they usually are more than happy to give you a couple free.. For the connectors: get out your Fluke meter or whatever meter u have and put it on 12 volts DC. Have some one start the car and go thru turn signals, lites, brakes etc. while you have the leads from the meter on the terminals in the connector. you will either see it bounce if it is a analog needle meter or see the numbers flas back and forth from 14 volts down to whtever, if it is a digital meter such as a Fluke. Cause the car is a Euro car the terminals mite not be used in the U.S. for anything and are just there. If it is a live plug with a constant 14 volt readit is usually plugged with a green plug. Most Euro cars use the same wiring harness for both their Euro vehicles and U.S. bound vehicles and leave connectors like this going to nowhere.. It is much cheaper for the factory to do it this way. Wish you the best!!
Thanks for the reply, I am not sure the white piece is as simple as it sounds. I spent countless hours flipping through various OEM fastener and clip product catalogs and never found the exact part. I was able to find similar parts, but not the exact one.

This is the closest part I can find, it is for a 8mm square hole so it MIGHT be close, but it also says it is 17mm long, the OEM part is over 20mm

Screw Grommet 16mm Head Dia. 17mm Length

Old 02-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

What are the wire colors of the two wires????????????

One wire 'seems' to be White with a Red stripe.

The other wire is???????? Black with a White stripe??? got me. I can't see the wires clearly enough.

The exact location of the two connectors, please. Hard top or convertible? 2007 model I suppose, the good model.

Attached Thumbnails Can someone help I.D. these connectors in the trunk?-boot.jpg   Can someone help I.D. these connectors in the trunk?-boot-two.jpg  

Last edited by Hailers; 02-23-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Hailers
What are the wire colors of the two wires????????????

One wire 'seems' to be White with a Red stripe.

The other wire is???????? Black with a White stripe??? got me. I can't see the wires clearly enough.

The exact location of the two connectors, please. Hard top or convertible? 2007 model I suppose, the good model.
The connector that is more of a 'flat' profile has a black wire and a red wire with white stripe. The other connector has 3 wires, it has a brown wire, black wire and red with white. I believe this connector is CA052, all I am wondering about this one is what it's used for? Nothing was plugged into it. It's mounted in the very rear next to the CA047 connector.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:19 PM
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

The attachments are self explanatory???? Say 'yes'.

The Souther California Gal seems to know a lot about wiring and cars and how manufacturers use harness with connectors used on all versions and not all plugs on said harness are used on all the versions to save time and money. At times she almost seems to have had some aircraft electrical experience in her past.

Attached Thumbnails Can someone help I.D. these connectors in the trunk?-cao52.jpg   Can someone help I.D. these connectors in the trunk?-cao52-two.jpg   Can someone help I.D. these connectors in the trunk?-ca052-three.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
SoCal Babe (02-24-2014)
Old 02-24-2014, 12:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

Meet CA052

Attached Thumbnails Can someone help I.D. these connectors in the trunk?-ca052.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by u102768:
M6XKR (02-26-2014), Ngarara (02-26-2014)
Old 02-24-2014, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by u102768
Meet CA052
Perfect thanks, which document did you pull this from?

And thanks to everyone else for their responses!

Last edited by M6XKR; 02-24-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

They are from the Electrical Reference Library on Jaguar's Topix website. They are incredibly useful because most have photos with them so show shots of parts of the car stripped out. It also makes connectors much easier to identify when looking at looms.

I have just had another look through various documents and I think the other two might be the connectors to the lights on either side of the boot.

Attached Thumbnails Can someone help I.D. these connectors in the trunk?-ca053.jpg   Can someone help I.D. these connectors in the trunk?-tm093.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
M6XKR (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by u102768
They are from the Electrical Reference Library on Jaguar's Topix website. They are incredibly useful because most have photos with them so show shots of parts of the car stripped out. It also makes connectors much easier to identify when looking at looms.

I have just had another look through various documents and I think the other two might be the connectors to the lights on either side of the boot.
Oh wow, of course! Those are definitely the ones I am talking about, I've had my trunk lining torn out since last fall and forgot what exactly goes where. I just installed a set of LED lights, so now I am putting it all back together. Thank you so much!! That is exactly what I was looking for!

-Mike