XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Convertible roof re set error XKR Conv

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 05:15 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Convertible roof re set error XKR Conv

Battery went flat today. Did a manual close of the roof. It seemed to re set fine.

However the roof on closing drops the front edge of the roof very quickly at the last second and smacks the front edge onto the top of the windscreen quickly.

The catch on the metal mainly, no damage, but not right. How do you adjust this? Any help please. It seems to be too low at the front too, when locked closed. Only by 5mm or so.

Thanks.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Are the two sliding panels on the interior rear quarters sliding freely in their tracks when you operate the top?

Old 05-19-2014, 04:23 AM

Car is near new. Nothing seems to be catching or rubbing. Its just on the last part when the front edge of the roof slows down above the windscreen it drops too fast and the catch hits the metal receiver quite hard and fast. Its got a little better on its own, but its not right. I tried folding it away manually, re set etc, but it makes no difference. Maybe its internal adjustment needed.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:10 PM
Received 44 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine does the exact same thing. In shop today being fixed I hope. Will update when I get her back.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:45 AM

Well Jaguar have had the car three days today. It went in for a battery problem. The car started and run fine until I filled with petrol. When I got back in the car and it would not start. Flat battery. Jump started it, then was fine for 3 days. Got the car out of the garage to go to Jaguar with the roof problem. It started fine, left it ticking over outside and took a phone call while it ran. Opened the door noticed all sorts of warnings on the dash. Turned the car off, again a flat battery. Absolutely dead.

Charged the battery for 60 minutes, all is well drove to the Jaguar garage.
They can't find fault with the alternator or system. The battery tests fine, so they have done nothing. I know its going to do it again, and so do they. Anyone had similar.

Any way the roof they can't find the fault with either? They have a Jaguar video from support in Coventry, still no joy with the roof issue.

I have my new remote auto close from the states now, but won't fit it until the roof is right and closes as it should. How did you get on dell boy, did they fix your roof. If so what was it?

Old 05-23-2014, 09:13 AM
Received 44 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by unders
How did you get on dell boy, did they fix your roof. If so what was it?
I got it back last night but wasn't able to test it until this morning as it was wet. I'm pleased to say that it works beautifully, with the front section pausing now when the hooks are about an inch above the frame, and then it drops slowly in and latches. Previously the front section wouldn't pause until the left hook hit the latch. Unfortunately the service manager didn't know exactly what the technician did, but I know they re-calibrated the roof by following the manual reset procedure, and then ran through the window reset, as both items were mentioned to me.

My recommendation is to bring the roof back manually into its bay as described in the owner's manual, make sure it's down all the way, then close up the hydraulics, and bring the roof back up using the switch (may have to wait a while for it to cycle) and see if that helps. If that fails, I would unhook the battery, wait 10 minutes, hook it back up, run through the brake and window reset procedure, then manually reset the roof again. Hope it gets solved as it is annoying - let us know how you get on.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:58 PM

Well, went to collect the car from Jaguar tonight. Handed the keys and it wouldn't start. Press the button and click. Nothing. They tried the jump leads, click nothing.

Left the car with them. Parts ordered for the soft top such as rams etc. Car going back in later for these parts. The car has done 8400 miles from new.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:48 AM
Default Latest Up Date

I don't know if anyone has come across this. Its becoming very interesting though. Luckily I hardly ever use the car, as I have a Mercedes e class for in the week.

The car has spent another three days at Jaguar Main agents workshop.

After it would not start when I went to collect it last Friday, it was pushed into the workshop and the starter motor was diagnosed as faulty. It was tapped with a hammer and started immediately. The new starter motor was fitted and it fired up with ease, or so they say. The Upon taking the car outside to wash it, they said the car again failed to start for them. After a full day of wire checking and diagnostics, they are at a loss. Back to square one.

They have an electronic £1000 pounds digital tester. It says the battery is fine, and reads 80% percent charge = V Good. The thing that is strange is that if you put jump leads on it, the car will start. That tells me its a battery issue.

When it does it the wipers crawl across the windscreen and with the click it looks like a flat battery. They are opening a case with Jaguar Coventry now, as they can't go further. Has anyone ever had this problem? The roof is still not fixed either. Week two tomorrow.