Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dynamic Pack

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 11:17 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts
Default Dynamic Pack

I committed to buying a 300 miles from new 2013 XKR to replace my missed XKR 175 I sold. I'm buying this with the condition it has the dynamic pack and performance exhaust.

The car has the aero body kit which is the same as on the 175. It has the 20" rims with Pirelli tires and red brake calipers. I called the dealer and they tell me the specs indicate it has the speed pack, performance exhaust, supercharged sport suspension (what is this). Jaguar describes the dynamic pack their website as:

Maximum speed increase from 155mph to 174mph, 20" Vulcan alloy wheels, forged and lightweight in polished finish; Red brake calipers. 10mm reduction in ride height, forged and fully machined front knuckle with unique spring and damper settings and uprated Adaptive Dynamics. Body colored side sill extensions and rear diffuser.

The car appears to have the dynamic pack based on the description. How can I confirm it has "forged and fully machined front knuckle with unique spring and damper settings and uprated Adaptive Dynamics".

I will call the dealer again on Monday and talk to the service department and sales department to confirm it.

I can't see the car having everything included in the dynamic pack without having the " forged and fully machined front knuckle with unique spring and damper settings and uprated Adaptive Dynamics".

Can anyone shed some light on this for me. Picture of car below:

Attached Thumbnails Dynamic Pack-32085768548_343280944_im1_03_565x421_a_562x421.jpg   Dynamic Pack-046ebbf8dd03bbdbaa178f122727b02cx.jpg  

Last edited by DGL; 07-26-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,141 Likes on 3,384 Posts
The following users liked this post:
DGL (07-27-2013)
Old 07-26-2013, 11:38 PM
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I can't help you with this..... But the car is hot!!!

DGL (07-27-2013)
Old 07-27-2013, 12:43 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

Went to TOPIx (forgot about this). Everything indicates it has the dynamic pack:

-255/35 FRT/295/30 RR ZR20
-SPEED LIMITATION-174 MPH
-UPGRADED SPORTS FRONT KNUCKLE
-SPORT TUNED SUSPENSION
-BODY STYLING KIT

Items 2 and 3 are also included in the build for the XKR-S. Looks good so far.

Old 07-27-2013, 12:52 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jffcurt
I can't help you with this..... But the car is hot!!!

Thanks Jeff. I wanted to stay with a classic Jaguar subtle look this time around. A look that doesn't scream but just gets attention because of it's classic design with an attitude under the hood on demand. Hence, polished wheels, polished side grills, chrome trim and Ivory/black interior. This is not to say I don't like the black pack. I wish I could have a car of each, but then my neighbors would know for sure I lost it (I have too many vehicles now).

Old 07-27-2013, 04:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

There was a technical bulletin issued in Nov 2012 that said:

Title XK & XF 5.0L SC with XKR-S2 front knuckle and front brake assy

Issue: Revised front Knuckle and Brake Calliper

Specification to 5.0L SC XK & XF model derivatives.

Cause: Due to parts capacity constraints, Jaguar Cars have up-rated the front Knuckle and Brake Callipers from the VIN 's below.

XK start VIN - B50885
XF start VIN - S67023

I take that to mean that they used the XKR-S special knuckle on the XKR from VIN B50885?

Old 07-27-2013, 07:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Congrats on another beautiful XKR purchase. Curious why you sold the 175 and bought this one, or were you not necessarily planning to buy another XKR when you sold the 175?

Bruce

Old 07-27-2013, 08:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 346 Likes on 239 Posts

Haha!! I just favorited that car on cars.com to see how quick it sold! Great Buy!! I had a deal on a XKR175 with 16k miles select and had verbally agreed on a 65.5 price when the dealership sold it out from underneath me before I could get the deposit to them that day... Bummed!!

Old 07-27-2013, 08:06 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Bruce H.
Congrats on another beautiful XKR purchase. Curious why you sold the 175 and bought this one, or were you not necessarily planning to buy another XKR when you sold the 175?

Bruce
I never thought I would miss driving a Jaguar. My other cars just don't put a smile on my face like driving a Jaguar. I also wanted to upgrade to have a rear view camera and the new LED front lights and grille. My 175 only had 5,000 miles on it. Although I loved the car I've been told the US 175 only has a the speed pack upgrade kit with no performance upgrades. If the 175 had some serious performance upgrades like the European XKR 75 I would have kept it. I was really looking at getting a used XKR-S until I came across this car with only 300 miles from new and seriously discounted. I must say I've got the Jaguar bug in me. I also thought I'd get a new XKR before Jaguar morphs the car into larger version like the Bentley GT. I want more sport than GT and with more room than the F-type.

Last edited by DGL; 07-27-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

The R with the Dynamic Pack is much closer to the XKR 75 than the XKR 175 is - you get the revised suspension and steering, lowered stance, lighter one-piece wheels plus the upgraded exhaust. Basically, all you're missing is the uprated torque converter and ~5% extra power & torque.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts

Glen - See you next March, if not before!! Ralph

Old 07-28-2013, 08:55 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Ngarara
The R with the Dynamic Pack is much closer to the XKR 75 than the XKR 175 is - you get the revised suspension and steering, lowered stance, lighter one-piece wheels plus the upgraded exhaust. Basically, all you're missing is the uprated torque converter and ~5% extra power & torque.
The performance exhaust is not included in the dynamic pack--it is a separate option. I think the dynamic pack upgrades the suspension and active dynamics similar to the XKR-S. The only thing missing would be the engine ECU remapping. It includes the fully forged and machined from knuckles and the car is lowered 10mm or 11mm. It also includes wider rims 9 front and 10.5 rear with 295 tires on the rear. All Pirelli tires--same as the XKR-S.

I was talking to the service guy at WEST Palm Beach Jaguar and he tells me the 175 came with a unique suspension system. They had a wrecked 175 in from an insurance company. Allan told me the parts were very expensive for the 175's suspension. I always thought my 175 had the standard XKR suspension but just lowered with maybe different springs. This was news to me and makes me confused. I'll know any ride difference when my new car arrives in about 2 weeks (I hope I'm not disappointed)--I'm getting all warm in fussy inside. I expect the handling, performance and sound to amped up a bit.

The performance exhaust adds about 10 more HP. The XKR-S's 40 more HP is made from the performance exhaust (10HP) and the ECU remapping (30 HP).

Last edited by DGL; 07-28-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

I'm a little surprised they don't have the original window sticker.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar52
Haha!! I just favorited that car on cars.com to see how quick it sold! Great Buy!! I had a deal on a XKR175 with 16k miles select and had verbally agreed on a 65.5 price when the dealership sold it out from underneath me before I could get the deposit to them that day... Bummed!!
That's the car I was looking at when I found out the resale value of mine...

The color choice of the seats is somewhat different...I was gonna have the seats and the door inserts dyed to match the rest of the interior.

But, I think you will be very happy with this car DGL.

Congratulations - it's a great deal!

Old 07-29-2013, 07:39 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rscultho
That's the car I was looking at when I found out the resale value of mine...

The color choice of the seats is somewhat different...I was gonna have the seats and the door inserts dyed to match the rest of the interior.

But, I think you will be very happy with this car DGL.

Congratulations - it's a great deal!
Thanks rsultho. Sorry to hear I bought the car you were interested in. It was a fantastic deal for a 300 miles from new Jaguar with the options. Yes, the ivory seats do throw me off a bit. However, I do like the ivory/black door combination. The Jaguar website has an interior color option of duo tan/black that looks real good for color combinations on the seats. If I can't get use to the all ivory seats I will either have them dyed or re-upholstered in an ivory/black combination similar to the duo tan/black combination but in ivory/black.

It's hard to find a newer XKR with the dynamic pack and performance exhaust. So I thought I better jump on this when they lowered their selling price. I called about the car 2 weeks ago when they had it priced $14K higher and passed on it because I wanted a better deal.

The only difference in this car and the XKR-S is the black exterior trim, body styling, performance seats and ECU tuning of the engine to gain an extra 30HP. The difference in price is over $25K for comparable cars. This car's house power should be about 520 with the performance exhaust.

Last edited by DGL; 07-29-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:49 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGL
The performance exhaust is not included in the dynamic pack--it is a separate option. I think the dynamic pack upgrades the suspension and active dynamics similar to the XKR-S. The only thing missing would be the engine ECU remapping. It includes the fully forged and machined from knuckles and the car is lowered 10mm or 11mm. It also includes wider rims 9 front and 10.5 rear with 295 tires on the rear. All Pirelli tires--same as the XKR-S.
Ah, OK, I hadn't noticed that the exhaust is a separate option. As you say, with both options it's basically an R-S without the ECU remap, uprated torque converter and fancy bodywork.

Originally Posted by DGL
I was talking to the service guy at WEST Palm Beach Jaguar and he tells me the 175 came with a unique suspension system. They had a wrecked 175 in from an insurance company. Allan told me the parts were very expensive for the 175's suspension. I always thought my 175 had the standard XKR suspension but just lowered with maybe different springs. This was news to me and makes me confused.
I cannot find any reference that says the 175 has anything more than cosmetic changes from the standard R, plus the increased speed limiter. It's basically a Speed Pack upgrade - no mention of lowered ride, steering enhancement or any other performance parts. Not to denigrate the 175 - it's still a Speed Pack XKR, so no slouch! I suspect your source is confusing it with the 75, unless someone had the Dynamic Pack components added somehow.

Based on my experience with the 75, you will certainly notice the difference in a car with the Dynamic Pack and performance exhaust - there's more of the track car about it, though it's still pretty compliant (you won't lose any fillings).

Old 07-29-2013, 12:05 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Ngarara
Ah, OK, I hadn't noticed that the exhaust is a separate option. As you say, with both options it's basically an R-S without the ECU remap, uprated torque converter and fancy bodywork.

I cannot find any reference that says the 175 has anything more than cosmetic changes from the standard R, plus the increased speed limiter. It's basically a Speed Pack upgrade - no mention of lowered ride, steering enhancement or any other performance parts. Not to denigrate the 175 - it's still a Speed Pack XKR, so no slouch! I suspect your source is confusing it with the 75, unless someone had the Dynamic Pack components added somehow.

Based on my experience with the 75, you will certainly notice the difference in a car with the Dynamic Pack and performance exhaust - there's more of the track car about it, though it's still pretty compliant (you won't lose any fillings).
No confusion with 75. I've seen the wrecked 175 and spoke to the service department at West Palm Beach Jaguar several times. My new car was originally purchased from them and will be serviced by them before shipping. No 75's in the US. Allan told me some parts were extremely expensive around 10 times the price of regular suspension parts. This does confuse me coming from a reputable Jaguar Service dealer. Like you I always thought the 175 only had a body kit, speed limiter set at 174 and lowered 10mm. I'm know thinking it may have the dynamic pack suspension or similar suspension.

bfarrell (08-22-2021)
Old 07-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Veteran Member

Here's the XKR 175 spec from the 2010 US press release:

The XKR175 is powered by a supercharged V8 with 510hp and 461 lb-ft of torque and top speeds raised to an electronically-limited 174mph. To ensure that the XKR175 remains stable at high speeds, a revised aerodynamic package incorporates a new front air dam, new side sills, a new rear diffuser and a larger rear spoiler providing increased balance and a reduction in lift. New 20-inch Kasuga 10-spoke alloy wheels, red brake calipers and Ultimate Black exterior paint adorn the car's exterior.

Inside, door sill tread plates reading "XKR175 - 1 of 175" greet the driver and passenger while the leather is finished in Warm Charcoal with Cranberry stitching, all accompanied by Piano Black wood veneer.
There are no fancy suspension/steering components mentioned. Perhaps the Dynamic Pack could be added as an option; I believe that no options were offered on the XKR 75, but perhaps the rules were different on your side of the pond. I can't recall if you mentioned whether you bought it new - if you did, then you'll know the answer on that.

Old 07-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Location: NE Wisconsin - Southern side of Great Poygan Marsh!
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Still confused wTech Bulletin on Brakes n Knuckles

Was my VIN EMB52822 included in the TB for the uprated XKRS Knuckles & Brakes...and any other parts "special mods", due to PARTS CONSTRAINTS??
I know my Topix thingy said I have Uprated Brakes as does my Window Sticker & the big Red things on my hubs!!..but there are other oddities that make it sound like it's a 2014 US Dynamic R/ Black Pak/Dynamic Pak Variant...like in 2014, Italian Racing Red was sposed ta only be on the beefed up models (according to the brochure) but nothing actually SAYS I have a Dynamic Pak! Yet an a full body Aerokit, Black w Red stitch Black Grill, etc... I have the Aural Frury (that was an option)!!! Oh & what's up with the 10/Limo thing???
I know if we hit the correct buttons & switch to SPORT we can actually get a powerslide drift if we have enough room large city intersection!!!..
Lastly...I bought it with 13,000 mi and it dint have the Original Takoba Wheels...I want to upgrade from the beat-up, sea-sallt pitted, cruddy Chromed Kalimnos to Polished Vulcans...UNLESS someone can prove Jag had some Special Kalimnos Chromed specifically... Im at a loss as to IF I'll need spacers... Or if the Vulcans will fit without rubbing "at the turn" in front!! Is there anything special My Puddytat needs to fit those Vulcans with those big brakes??
So...if I DO need anything other than the Vulcan Wheels and tires, it would be nice if someone could post an list of everything I'd need VULCANIZE, get in and burn off...including new rubber!!.
Thanks ahead of time,
Dawn

Old 07-15-2019, 04:36 AM
Veteran Member

Dawn, what year/model do you have? The Dynamic Pack isn't listed on a TOPIx build sheet; the components are listed individually:
  • SPORTS FRONT KNUCKLE
  • SPORT TUNED SUSPENSION
BRAKE UPGRADE PROGRAM is just the XKR brakes, an upgrade from the XK ones. BODY STYLING KIT is the Speed Pack aero kit - if you also have SPEED LIMITATION-174 MPH then you have the Speed Pack. BLACK EXT.DOOR FRAME MOLDING and GRILLE - BLACK GLOSS indicate the Black Pack. EXHAUST PIPE EXT-R PERFORMANCE is the Performance Active Exhaust. It's possible that the exact wording of some of these may have changed over time.

I believe the Vulcans should just bolt on any 5.0 XKR (but not an XK or 4.2 XKR - their offsets are different)

Quick Reply: Dynamic Pack