XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fiasco continues:::Could really use your advice!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Fiasco continues:::Could really use your advice!

Hi Forum, Well it's been exactly 25 days and I still don't have my car!! The last viable update the service dept. gave me was 2 weeks ago when they stated it could be head damage or a head gasket. For those of you who didn't see my previous post it was, "5 months and stuck on the side of the road already." I try to call the service dept. every other day and get the service manager's voicemail. I'll have him paged and I get, "he's in with a customer." Of course I never get a call back. The customer relations rep at Jaguar is having similar results. However he did tell me last Friday that they (service dept.) called tech support and was told to do a compression test and based on the results, to call tech support back. I called the Jaguar today and the customer relations rep told me the service manager is on vacation until Thursday and he doesn't have any updates other than what he's already given me. I called the service dept and was told that my ticket was transferred to another service adviser an he would get back to me with status. Again, no call back. I asked the Jaguar customer relations rep if we could escalate with the dealer's GM as we're not getting anywhere and he told me they're doing the right things to which I have to disagree. I asked him if I don't have an ETA by the end of the week, who, in Jaguar can I escalate to? At this point I'm a bit frustrated....He blatantly told me there is no one I can escalate to, that he is it. I also asked about getting my car towed to a different dealer to which he told me that would not work also and it would still take the same amount of time as they couldn't do anything different. Forum, do you guys have any thoughts on what my next steps should be? I have a cross country father and son trip that my boy and I have been planning for 3 almost 4 years. All of our reservations have been made, time has been taken off from work, schedule is totally cleared for this "event" my son and I are looking forward to and now I'm a bit nervous I'll be driving my STR rather than my XKR. I wanted to put some miles on it before embarking on that type of trip just to make sure the car is solid. What can I do? To me this is BS. I expected much better service from Jaguar than this. I appreciate any thoughts or advice you can offer. Thanks forum.

Hi Forum, Well it's been exactly 25 days and I still don't have my car!!

The last viable update the service dept. gave me was 2 weeks ago when they stated it could be head damage or a head gasket. For those of you who didn't see my previous post it was, "5 months and stuck on the side of the road already."

I try to call the service dept. every other day and get the service manager's voicemail. I'll have him paged and I get, "he's in with a customer." Of course I never get a call back.

The customer relations rep at Jaguar is having similar results. However he did tell me last Friday that they (service dept.) called tech support and was told to do a compression test and based on the results, to call tech support back. I called the Jaguar today and the customer relations rep told me the service manager is on vacation until Thursday and he doesn't have any updates other than what he's already given me.

I called the service dept and was told that my ticket was transferred to another service adviser an he would get back to me with status. Again, no call back. I asked the Jaguar customer relations rep if we could escalate with the dealer's GM as we're not getting anywhere and he told me they're doing the right things to which I have to disagree.

I asked him if I don't have an ETA by the end of the week, who, in Jaguar can I escalate to? At this point I'm a bit frustrated....He blatantly told me there is no one I can escalate to, that he is it.

I also asked about getting my car towed to a different dealer to which he told me that would not work also and it would still take the same amount of time as they couldn't do anything different. Forum, do you guys have any thoughts on what my next steps should be?

I have a cross country father and son trip that my boy and I have been planning for 3 almost 4 years. All of our reservations have been made, time has been taken off from work, schedule is totally cleared for this "event" my son and I are looking forward to and now I'm a bit nervous I'll be driving my STR rather than my XKR.

I wanted to put some miles on it before embarking on that type of trip just to make sure the car is solid. What can I do? To me this is BS. I expected much better service from Jaguar than this.

I appreciate any thoughts or advice you can offer.

Thanks forum.

Last edited by JimC64; 06-17-2014 at 06:38 AM. Reason: PLEASE CREATE LINE BREAKS.....LONG UNBROKEN LINES OF TEXT ARE UNREADABLE
Old 06-17-2014, 01:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Chris - that just stinks. I hate to suggest it but, looks to me that you do not have many alternatives at this point. I went through similar months-long hassle with Jaguar when I had a ride issue with my XJL. Finally, after months of waiting, the rep showed up at the dealer and told me that there was nothing wrong with my car. Obviously something is wrong with it but, I've just given up on that one. At least it is a leased car and got a year left on the lease. Worst riding car I have ever owned.

Dealers can be fine until you get a special issue, like yours or mine. Then, they can get less then helpful. No excuse for them not returning your call. That is simply RUDE!

The following users liked this post:
bklynchris (06-17-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 01:34 AM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Chris,
In my opinion, you have to go to the regional sales manager or the commercial director! The jag dealer is working with a after sales dep., they listen to the after sales manager and sales manager. They have also a boss!!!!, the commercial director and that guy doesn't want to hear such stories!!!
I would find out (just a call to jag headquarters and you know who to turn to) and address directly to him!!! Then all the other guys, including the dealer are stressing out!
I would try that one!
At least, your story has put a hold on me buying the 2010 xkr that I was planning to buy from my introduction post! Actually, I'm not sure if it will be a jag in total right now. I sold my porsche because it has had some minor issues and I was getting tired always thinking about what could go wrong this time....
Good luck and keep us posted!!

bklynchris (06-17-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 01:39 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mark986
Hi Chris,
In my opinion, you have to go to the regional sales manager or the commercial director! The jag dealer is working with a after sales dep., they listen to the after sales manager and sales manager. They have also a boss!!!!, the commercial director and that guy doesn't want to hear such stories!!!
I would find out (just a call to jag headquarters and you know who to turn to) and address directly to him!!! Then all the other guys, including the dealer are stressing out!
I would try that one!
At least, your story has put a hold on me buying the 2010 xkr that I was planning to buy from my introduction post! Actually, I'm not sure if it will be a jag in total right now. I sold my porsche because it has had some minor issues and I was getting tired always thinking about what could go wrong this time....
Good luck and keep us posted!!

Thanks Mark, I will give that a try and will definitely keep you posted. Before this began, I was having the time of my life! The XKR is an awesome automobile I must admit that. Hopefully this will be over soon and I can go back to enjoying the car. thanks again!

Old 06-17-2014, 04:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

There must be some Jaguar contacts in one of these threads you can call. Time to move beyond the dealer and talk to regional or national level representatives.

I would also point to this thread in your communications.

bklynchris (06-17-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 08:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Chris:

While your situation is certainly frustrating for any car owner or Jaguar owner, look at the positives.

You still have a car to drive. Although the XKR may not be ready for your personal trip across country, you will still have precious time with your son and father.

I am sure that your car at the Jag dealer is not the only one in the process of repair. The car was under warranty when this took place. So Jaguar will need to fix it. Checking every day or every other day may not help the situation as the Jaguar dealer may assume your becoming a "pain in the ***". If they get that sense, then it is easy for the Jag dealer to makes delays as they now have the upper hand regarding the repair of the car. The car sits with them and they are hesitent to release it to any other dealer. Keep in mind this is a big money maker for the service department as Jaguar will pay the dealership for the parts and time of labor involved to make the repairs. It is called a "chargeback".

I would plan to take the trip, and try to "get away" from the daily frustration of this matter and just let Jaguar do their thing. Perhaps from the time you leave and return the car will be repaired.

Think positive and wipe away any negative vibes towards the Jaguar service department and the service manager.

I am sure this will work out, so give them time. After 6 months of driving the XKR again, you will slowly wipe this situation from your mind, hopefully.

bklynchris (06-17-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 490 Likes on 358 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
There must be some Jaguar contacts in one of these threads you can call. Time to move beyond the dealer and talk to regional or national level representatives.

I would also point to this thread in your communications.

Chris. The part of your story that is most annoying is not getting your calls returned. That is unacceptable. Yes, calling every day might not be the way to go, however "the squeaky wheel gets oiled". I agree with mosesbotbol and you might want to start moving your way up to find higher reps that can move things along and inform you of your status. Even if you have become a Pain to the dealership, don't be overly concerned as this is not a popularity contest and they certainly have had these issues before. Never get nasty but stay persistent. Good luck and let us know how things work out. I'm sure at the end of the tunnel, you will get satisfaction and your ride back in good order.

bklynchris (06-17-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 11:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

This is always a difficult problem if the dealership does not return your calls . If you can't get to the service manager or the dealership general manager nor Jaguar USA then I would try to go a legal way. If you have a lawyer friend or if you know a good law firm I would contact them and see if they would give you a consultation for either no cost or a low cost. This would be to explain you situation and see if they can help. Maybe the least you can have them do is to write the GM of the dealership , copy Jaguar USA and request a meeting with the GM and head of service and extend a invitation to someone from Jaguar USA. The purpose of the meeting is to review status of your car and what the expectations are to fix it. Also a method in which you would be informed on a daily or weekly basis of the status. Also have you been to the dealership to see if you can meet with them . Keep pressing and you'll get this fixed. Oh I would find the address of Tata and send it to the CEO.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Are you still under factory, select, aftermarket warranty or cash?

bklynchris (06-17-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member

Chris, When was the last time you actually saw your car?

bklynchris (06-17-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Brutal
Are you still under factory, select, aftermarket warranty or cash?

I'm under the SE warranty now.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bocatrip
Chris, When was the last time you actually saw your car?
When it was towed in. That was the last time.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
This is always a difficult problem if the dealership does not return your calls . If you can't get to the service manager or the dealership general manager nor Jaguar USA then I would try to go a legal way. If you have a lawyer friend or if you know a good law firm I would contact them and see if they would give you a consultation for either no cost or a low cost. This would be to explain you situation and see if they can help. Maybe the least you can have them do is to write the GM of the dealership , copy Jaguar USA and request a meeting with the GM and head of service and extend a invitation to someone from Jaguar USA. The purpose of the meeting is to review status of your car and what the expectations are to fix it. Also a method in which you would be informed on a daily or weekly basis of the status. Also have you been to the dealership to see if you can meet with them . Keep pressing and you'll get this fixed. Oh I would find the address of Tata and send it to the CEO.
Why not just go round and try to talk to them, forget the phone.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Norri
Why not just go round and try to talk to them, forget the phone.

I would do that, but I'm in AZ and they're in CA. So its about a 700 mile trip.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:49 PM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

I have a se warranty xfr right now getting a engine as was let run low on oil. First denied, then approved with receipt of regular service from other dealerships. After jumping through flaming hoops and getting approval it was a month to get a new engine. Now to try and get the work done with all the other work i have and that comes in. If jaguar(se)wants comp test and leak down. Then will want the head/s removed and checked for warpage of heads/block. Then with authorise either heads, or just head gaskets, or a new engine. Last one i had several years ago i wanted a engine. After jumping through hoops to get approvals i replaced one head on side that showed miss fires. Back together and 150 miles later the other side started misfiring, blown head gasket. Did that head still wanting engine and put another new head on only to start a smooth, quiet running engine that i could then hear a bearing knocking. New engine! Finally what i felt should have been done to start. But not my money nor my descision. I just wanted it fixed and out of my hair to quit loosing money. Heavy line is always a money looser and unless youre left alone(impossible) you cant even get enough time to work on it on a regular basis. Im sure theyre pulling their hair out like you trying to get approvals and parts once done then the time to get it all done. And without any thing firm or good to tell you theyre probobly regreting seeing a call from you.
Just a thought about all the above. And my engine has been 2 month process so far and getting ready to put back in today.. Oh maybe not i have 2 waiters now. Maybe tommorrow. Also doing all this work in the car is 20+hours per head. I dropped the engine out the bottom. Good luck. Maybe you can get a loaner for your trip instead of your stype

bklynchris (06-17-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 02:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

The part that is frustrating is not that the car hasn't been repaired but the LACK of communications from the dealer. It would be a hard pill for me to swallow that the work is not being done but I would feel more comfortable if I was updated with the truth as to what was happening . Just call me every 2-3 days and tell me what is being done whether good or bad but at least let me know the status. To ignore the customer is a fatal sin which in todays social media can be a disaster for the dealership. Just keep pressing for a status update but just be civil about it.

bklynchris (06-17-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member

One perk you get out of all this grief is unlimited use of the rental car. At least you can mount the miles and wear and tear on the rental car without any limitations. With my Easy Care Total Care (3rd party warranty) I get a total of 6 days for any repair even an engine replacement.

bklynchris (06-17-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by bocatrip
One perk you get out of all this grief is unlimited use of the rental car. At least you can mount the miles and wear and tear on the rental car without any limitations. With my Easy Care Total Care (3rd party warranty) I get a total of 6 days for any repair even an engine replacement.
Bocatrip:

What does an Easy Care Total Care warranty cost?

Do you buy this warranty direct or thru a dealer?

Do all dealers charge the same or does this policy vary from dealership to dealership?

I have a 2009 XKR w 15,700 miles. Car has never had any reported problems.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by richzak
Bocatrip:

What does an Easy Care Total Care warranty cost?

Do you buy this warranty direct or thru a dealer?

Do all dealers charge the same or does this policy vary from dealership to dealership?

I have a 2009 XKR w 15,700 miles. Car has never had any reported problems.

The cost is dertermined by the deductible, years of coverage and mileage desired. Firstly to be feasible, I believe your car should still be under the factory warranty or it will be more expensive. You will need to check on that to confirm. All dealers are regulated here in Florida to sell the policy at the same premium. Yes, it must be purchased through the dealership. I've been told when shopping for the Cayman and originally the F Type, Easy Care was the warranty of choice by most owners. It's not cheap though. I have the 6 year 60,000 miles with a $50 deductible for $3,700. It is entirely prorated if you decide to cancel it at anytime and has terms up to 8 years. Tire and wheel coverage is included (with some exclusions) as well as a rental car for up to 6 days.

richzak (06-17-2014)
Old 06-17-2014, 08:37 PM
Veteran Member

H Forum, just a quick update. I spoke to the Jaguar CS rep and informed him I would be reaching out to the GM of the dealership where my car is being repaired. He hasn't been much help and seems to me he's more advocating for the dealership than me, but I could be wrong. I then emailed the GM and to my surprise, he responded within 10 minutes. He stated he was unaware my car had been there that long and that he would look into it personally. We've scheduled a conference call with him, myself and the service manager for Thursday. I'll let everyone know the outcome. I've also contacted another dealer not too far from this one and explained the situation. They of course would be more than happy to take over. However I more than likely would have to pay out of pocket to get the car towed there, which I will do if necessary.

Quick Reply: Fiasco continues:::Could really use your advice!