XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interesting little problem...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 11:15 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Interesting little problem...

I was driving a buddy of mine to lunch the other day in my 2008 XK convertible when he informed me that every time I accelerated, he felt the passenger seat back move backwards an inch or so. The opposite occurred each time I hit the brakes. We got out of the car, I grabbed the seatback and wiggled it. It definitely felt a bit "loose", especially the side adjacent the console.

So, since I have a few months left on the factory warranty, I have called the dealer and we are going in on Wednesday to look at that and the convertible top that it hitting the body way to hard when it closes.

Anyway, anyone run into either of these issues?

Old 11-03-2011, 07:09 AM
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Stillwaters
I was driving a buddy of mine to lunch the other day in my 2008 XK convertible when he informed me that every time I accelerated, he felt the passenger seat back move backwards an inch or so. The opposite occurred each time I hit the brakes. We got out of the car, I grabbed the seatback and wiggled it. It definitely felt a bit "loose", especially the side adjacent the console.

So, since I have a few months left on the factory warranty, I have called the dealer and we are going in on Wednesday to look at that and the convertible top that it hitting the body way to hard when it closes.

Anyway, anyone run into either of these issues?

Here's an update for anyone who is interested. The dealer checked out the car and declares the "play" in the seatback and the force exerted by the roof as it closes are both "within normal parameters". He did allow me to wiggle the passenger seat back of a brand new 2012 in the showroom and it seemed to have a bit of play in it as well. So, I guess I can live with it.

BTW, the 2012 was GEORGOUS! Black paint and convertible top with tan leather. It had the upper and lower chrome honeycomb grill and was (of course) polished up like a brand new penny....Oh, if I only had $91,000.00 I wasn't doing anything with...

Last edited by Stillwaters; 11-03-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My 08 top does the same thing. Dealer claims it's NORMAL. On a side note Jaguar USA is picking up my 08 to take back to Jaguar of Peoria (nearest dealer) to fix the inop heated steering wheel and rear window defogger. My warranty expires on the 20th.

This will be the second time they have trailered my XK to Peoria since St Louis no longer has a Jag dealer. The last time they had it they claimed these features "operated as designed". BS they do not work. If they can't or won't fix it I'm trading it on my dream car a CTS-V.

Tom