XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

iPhone 6+ keeps pausing

Old 05-05-2015, 04:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone 6+ keeps pausing

Hi all,

I just picked up my XKR on Friday from a Jaguar dealership in Southampton - and I am loving every aspect of it so far except one thing - the audio cable.

When I got home I spent some time trying to figure out how to connect my phone, and realised I was missing the cable (and bluetooth streaming doesn't work on my model) so I sent an email off to the dealer, who promptly posted me out the cable, which arrived this morning.

However when I tried the cable, all the happens is the phone keeps pausing itself, every time I press play it immediately pauses. I know its not the lightning adaptor (it works fine in the Audis) so am I missing something obvious, or do I just need to contact the dealership again and get them to send out a replacement cable.

I have looked around on the forum and a few people have asked similar things, but none quite exactly the same. I get Spotify Premium for free, so unfortunately using USB isn't an option.

Thanks!

Old 05-05-2015, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

I have a 2010 (MY11), and use the Jag cable plus Apple (not third-party) Lightning adapter with my iPhone 6 - no problem. Can you play stuff from the Music app, or have you only tried Spotify?

It may be the Jag cable, or the module that it plugs into - my module went faulty and was replaced under warranty. To test the cable & module, borrow an iDevice that has the old 30-pin connector and see if you can get it to work. If it doesn't, the problem, is on the Jag side.

If it does, then it's the Lightning adapter or a compatibility issue. Some people have had issues with non-Apple adapters. If you're using an Apple one, it may be compatibility; then it's worth checking that the car has had all the infotainment system software updates applied.

If all else fails, people have had success with the Tunes2Air Bluetooth adapter, which plugs into the 30-pin cable & creates a Bluetooth audio link to the phone (separate from the existing telephone audio).

Old 05-06-2015, 04:06 AM

I have tried both Podcasts app (essentially the music app) and Spotify with no luck.

Since posting that on here, I found a super old iPod classic laying around (original click wheel generation) and that works fine! That really confuses me, because the lightning adaptor (official apple) works in the Audis with no issue! However at least that rules out an issue with the Jaguar.

With regards to the software on the car - where can I check software version? (and also what the most up to date is?)

On my searches I saw the Tunes2Air adaptor - I may give that a try as bluetooth audio is much simpler in the long run, I am just impatient!

Thanks for your advice!!

Old 05-06-2015, 05:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

There may be a way to check the software revisions without the Jag diagnostic system, but I don't know what it is. The best way is to get a dealer to check, because they can see what patches have been applied and also apply any that have been missed.

P.S. - as you're a recent joiner, you may not be aware of the upcoming forum meet on the 24th in Brighton:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/u...-131529/page9/

Since it's not far from you, I thought you might be interested.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:38 AM

Oh ok - I am used to the Audi where there is a menu with all the system versions displayed. I need to go to a dealer anyway, only one of the keys works annoyingly (and I brought it from a main dealer!) so I can ask then.

When I joined I did a bit of lurking and saw that event - it really isn't far from me and I have been debating putting my name down for it. My first car was a mini and I haven't done a Brighton event since I had that (so 7 years.) I am very tempted! Let me work out my movements, and I may go along yet!

Thanks
Jamie

Old 05-18-2015, 08:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Same issue, no resolution.

I have a 2013 XKR, an iPhone 6+, the Jag iPod cord, 30 pin to lightning and the Tunes2Air module. I've tried every combination including an off brand Jag cord as well as monkeying with button combinations on the Jag software side and my phone. No dice.

I'm experiencing the same pausing issue. I'll start the song, hear it great for one second (using both 30 pin to lightning and Tunes2Air) then it pauses itself. It's the worst tease ever.

I've since returned the second Jag cord during my troubleshooting efforts and concluded that it has to be my iPhone. I'm going to try my girlfriend's I standard Phone 6 and report back.

Something is goofed and it's bugging the hell out of me.

Old 05-19-2015, 01:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,147 Likes on 3,083 Posts

Try an Android phone, they are faultless.

The following users liked this post:
ralphwg (05-20-2015)
Old 05-19-2015, 11:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just tried a standard iPhone 6, works but it's quirky.

Unlike my iPhone 6+ that pauses every second, the iPhone 6 in this instance is UNABLE to pause. It's constantly playing

Software version on both phones is 8.3.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:50 AM
Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

my Jag dealer in Jacksonville told me that Jag NA is aware of the problem with the i6+ and have issued a couple of "service bulletins" to dealers stating they are working on the issue. The dealer service rep wouldn't give me a copy of the bulletins but said they would contact me when Jag figures it out.
I tried everything also including Tune2air. nothing works.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,147 Likes on 3,083 Posts

Seriously, I don't know why ANY phone should be hooked up to play music. All the cables, plugging, unplugging, taking phone out, remembering it later.... Royal PITA. Just do this; Get a suitable size Flash Drive (also called thumb and USB drives), install ALL your music on it, plug it into the USB port and LEAVE it there, forever, or until you decide to add more. I have 37 GBs of music, about 8600 songs on mine, and it's in my car right now. It plays flawlessly and I never have to even think about it.

The following users liked this post:
ralphwg (05-20-2015)