Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Siri Mobile Home Gadget and ACM

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Siri Mobile Home Gadget and ACM

Hi to all,
I just recently purchased a 2007 XK convertable. I also came across a device known as " Mobie Home" This thing allows you to use Siri to talk to your mobile phone through your cars Bluetooth system. Your phone stays in your pocket and ths gadget that looks like a key fob with a IPhone home button on it sits by your dashboard. It conects to your phone via Bluetooth and let's you push the home button to have Siri connectivity. It's pretty cool. Look up Siri Mobie Home and it should show up. My question is if I install the Jaguar ACM will I still be able to make phone calls on the IPhone through the Bluetooth connectivity in the XK. Hope I explained my issue alright.
Thanks,

Old 04-09-2013, 10:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

The ACM should have no effect on Bluetooth connectivity. (But I'm not an isheep guy)

Vince

Old 04-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

Agreed. My Bluetooth works independently from my ACM. A feature I don't like.

My other car has the option of streaming all audio input/output from my phone over the Bluetooth. Including Siri and music playback. I love that. If this Siri Mobile Home will do that I'd look into it.

Wait, Did Clevername just call me an isheep?

Old 04-10-2013, 04:53 PM

Hi and thanks for the reply.
The reason why I asked is that I had read a few forum posts that mention the ACM disables the Ipone screen. That would also disable the ability of the connectivity for the IPhone to respond to Siri voice commands as I can initiate with the " Mobile Home". Please let me know yor thoughts. Thanks

Old 04-11-2013, 12:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

Originally Posted by Muddydog
Wait, Did Clevername just call me an isheep?

Ouch! Quit tossin' things! I'll buy ya an i-beer to make amends!

V

Last edited by CleverName; 04-11-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:32 AM
Default Ipone Siri and ACM

Thanks again for the reply,
You had said the ACM works independently of the Bluetooth.
I guess my main question is can you tell Siri to play a track on the IPhone and will that music play through the car music system. I bought the Mobile Home gadget to be able to use Siri to perform actions. Right now I can use Siri and it will do all but play the music through the Jags system. If I plug the Iphone into the ACM ( I intend to buy) can I use Siri to tell the phone to p,ay music and because it's connected to the ACM, will it play in the car system.
Could you explain how your system works.
I'm sorry if I'm not explaining myself correctly.
Thank you

Old 04-11-2013, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by CleverName
Ouch! Quit tossin' things! I'll buy ya an i-beer to make amends!

V
Lol!

Ipone Siri and ACM
Thanks again for the reply,
You had said the ACM works independently of the Bluetooth.
I guess my main question is can you tell Siri to play a track on the IPhone and will that music play through the car music system. I bought the Mobile Home gadget to be able to use Siri to perform actions. Right now I can use Siri and it will do all but play the music through the Jags system. If I plug the Iphone into the ACM ( I intend to buy) can I use Siri to tell the phone to p,ay music and because it's connected to the ACM, will it play in the car system.
Could you explain how your system works.
I'm sorry if I'm not explaining myself correctly.
Thank you
I'm guessing not. While I can certainly use my iPhone, apps, Siri, etc while the ACM is connected, I can't do anything regarding music control or playback. That is managed entirely from the head unit. (Which is much more cumbersome. Folders, sub-folders, etc) If I try and launch the music app I get a screen that says "accessory connected". I wouldn't think Siri would have any better luck. She might be able to "Call Mom," or "Get me directions to the nearest Mexican food restaurant," however.

If the Mobile Home device transfers Siri's voice i wonder if it would allow music playback too? You wouldn't even have to have the ACM. You could just Bluetooth over to your speakers directly from your phone.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:48 AM

Hi again,
The Mobile home unit just replicates the iPhone home button. It connects to your phone via Bluetooth and let's you keep your IPhone in your pocket or belt holder. It's like a portable home button. It does not do anything else. You push it instead of pushing the Ipone button.
It comes with a visor clip or Velcro pads to secure it in your car. It works very well at what it does. Getting back to the ACM, would you mind telling Siri to play a music track ( not usingyour fingers to launch the app) while your IPhone is connected to tour ACM and let me know what happens. There is no one ( even in the Jaguar Dealerships that have this answer. Thanks again for your help.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:00 AM
Default An afterthought

Just an afterthought, I have seen numerious entries in the forum about an update to the firmware of the ACM that allows you to use the IPhone to control your music. It removes the accessory connected note.
Best

The following users liked this post:
Muddydog (04-12-2013)
Old 04-12-2013, 11:08 AM

I've got to give the car some attention over the weekend so I'll play with this, too and report back. I usually just keep an old music-loaded iPhone hooked up in the console and don't mess with Siri. When I tried Siri the other day via the iphone button the music muted, I gave her a command, and she reported back to me over the iPhone speakers (not the car speakers). Then the music wouldn't restart until I paused and restarted it from the head unit.

And from what you are saying there is no microphone in the Mobile Home device, so keeping the phone in the console would be a problem. I'm not sure how they advertise you could keep the phone in your pocket. I'll have to see if Siri is listening to me from the iphone or from the bluetooth mic.

Good to know about the update.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:22 PM

Your welcome,
When you push the Mobile home button you will hear the Siri beep over your cars system. If your iPhone is paired with the car. The Mobile Home gadget just makes it easier to use Siri rather than keep your phone in sight. Thats all it does. Everthing will work via Bluetooth using the mobile home button. The cars mic will hear your commands or voice.
The sequence is , push and hold the Mobile home button for a second or two, If your music is playing it will pause the music, Siri beeps, tell Siri a command, the command is excuted. You can either wait for the timeout to resume music ( about 50 secs) or you can push the phone steering wheel button to resume playing the music. It makes the car like a smart car.

Thanks for the feedback

Old 04-13-2013, 07:07 PM

So interesting thing: the 4S running IOS 6.0 worked as described above, but the iPhone 5 --running 6.1.3 and connected via the little adapter that came with it-- worked well, no "accessory connected" screen at all, let me run pandora, let me use Siri to select songs, etc. So if you have an iPhone 5 (or maybe it's the updated IOS that made it work?), you're golden, assuming your ACM in a 2007 works he same as mine. I'm using my 5 from now on!

@toppnch don't forget to update your signature and/or add your car to your garage so everyone knows your vehicle at a glance

Old 04-14-2013, 10:00 AM

Glad it all works well.
Did you install the ACM or was it the dealer. Also did you do the update to get the functionally you have. It's great that the Ipone 5 works the way it does. Thanks for all your information. I will probably order the ACM this week.
Best

Old 04-26-2013, 10:13 AM

My wife's iPhone 5 didn't work like this, so it must be the fact that I upgraded to the latest OS. (Hers was still running the older one.) hopefully that will make all the difference for you, too. I don't know if they call it a ACM on my model year. I think the connectivity came standard. I could be wrong about that, but either way it was purchased in that configuration. The firmware update was unnecessary.

Old 04-28-2013, 10:56 AM

Thanks for getting back to me.
I installed the ACM in the armrest area along with a 12 volt accessory and it works great. I had the local Jag dealer program the Aux input. They charged me $130.00. I had thought there was a light on the top of the ACM but now I think it is the reset button. I have to take a closer look.
I can push the " Mobile Home" button and tell Siri to play a song, album or playlist and it works fine. Just like you had said, I can use the IPhone 4s to navigate the music as I can see the info on the phone screen. It's very cool. Thanks again for all your help with the ACM.