XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

"Will my smartphone connect with the Bluetooth in my Jaguar?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 01:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by vacolorito
can you stream music through the bluetooth connection, or do you still need to use that goofy cable to connect? my iphone 6 plus works for phone calls via bluetooth but not for streaming music. i have the 2014 XKR-S.
A lot of people, including me, use a Tune2Air/WMA1000. If you plug that in to the 30 pin cable that comes with the XK you can stream things like Spotify to it.

Old 01-05-2018, 04:08 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello
I have a likewise question as Vacolorito. My iPhone is with bluetooth connected to the radio of my XK 2010 (5.0 Convertible). I bought a cable (ipod 20 pins => lightning. Is it possible to stream spotify towards the radio or do I need to search for another sollution?

Thx in advance
Ben

Old 01-21-2018, 03:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would like to add my success story. First, bought the Bovee adapter for my xkr 150 and then changed my phone to a newer model. After doing this, easily to connect music from phone to car and now easy to use phone mic in car with new phone.

The following users liked this post:
aldr (06-28-2020)
Old 01-22-2018, 08:21 AM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

""With my new iphone 8 I have a lot of problems, sometimes black screen, not able to search music titles from playlist on srceen a.s.o.""

Since the last IPhone Software Update to 11.2.2 everything works fine

Old 01-27-2018, 09:12 PM
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Whenever I tried to pair my iPhone 6s , the screen on the 07xk would just stay at searching for phone for a second or two and then say retry/cancel. Other times the pair button on the 07xk would just not react at all and freeze.

I had to change the battery on the XK recently, and then i figured I would try pairing. This time it actually saw the iPhone and asked me to enter a 4 digit code on the phone. I entered it but then it failed

Tried pairing it again ... XK went back to how it had been all along with retry / cancel or freezing.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:21 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Still not quite sure after browsing - if I buy the dongle to connect my galaxy s8, can I stream Pandora? Can I do so directly to BT?

Old 02-19-2018, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jaguaright
Still not quite sure after browsing - if I buy the dongle to connect my galaxy s8, can I stream Pandora? Can I do so directly to BT?
sorry 2011 xkr model

Old 03-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

2010 XKR & iPhone 7+
phone function worked, but no music or other audio which is what i really want. Added a Bovee 1000 from Amazon and everything works great.
-------
Here's the original posts on the Bovee. BLUF: I'm probably the only oddball that didn't have Apple's Music app installed on an iPhone or iPod and for some reason, it needs that to interface with either the car's head unit or the Bovee.
-------
Got a Bovee 1000 today, phone syncs with the Bovee, but Google Music & Audible will only play for about 1 second before pausing again. Still troubleshooting, but i'll update when/if i get it figured out.
--------
edit #1: got a reply for Bovee customer service today with some steps to try. I'll give it a shot tomorrow, but +1 for a quick response.
-------
edit #2: the 1st thing they asked in the email was if I had at least 1 song in my iPhone/iPod music library. Since I was a long time Android user before switching over to apple ~a year ago, I was already pretty deep into googles ecosystem, so I had gone as far as deleted most of the pre-installed Apple apps replacing them with their google equivalent, uninstalling Music and replacing it with Google Music In this case. I reinstalled the Music app and downloaded a song. As soon as I turned the car on this morning, it started playing from the music app. I switched over to Audible, that worked too and so did Google Music. It will also pause whatever is playing when the car stops or you select something besides iPod and automatically resumes playing whatever you were listening to last when you switch back. The only odd behavior I saw was that the pause button is only temporary and it will resume playing after about 5 seconds. Slightly annoying, but now I know to just switch over to USB. Not sure yet how phone calls will work yet. I'm assuming I would hear through the cars speakers, but not sure if it will pick up my voice from the mic I'm assuming is built into the car somewhere or if it'll try to use the phone's mic.

Last edited by Lancer033; 03-07-2018 at 08:15 AM.
nikolaik27 (05-26-2021)
Old 03-07-2018, 08:21 AM
Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaguaright
In theory, yes, but this is a situation where someone is making a dongle that's attempting to be compatible with multiple cars and probably hundreds of models of phones with and infinite variety of software installed so you may have to do some troubleshooting. You also have to select iPod on the head unit since that's what the dongles plug into and make sure the phone is connecting to the dongle and not the car.

Old 04-05-2018, 08:43 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

So my Galaxy Note5 connects to my 2007 XK. The rest of the phone's capabilities don't appear to be of any use. Is the 2007 Bluetooth module just not capable of accessing the other phone systems?

I don't care about using the phone for talking I want to use it for music and audible.

Anyone have a recommendation?

retaildad (07-18-2020)
Old 04-05-2018, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,286 Posts

Originally Posted by 79aggie
So my Galaxy Note5 connects to my 2007 XK. The rest of the phone's capabilities don't appear to be of any use. Is the 2007 Bluetooth module just not capable of accessing the other phone systems?

I don't care about using the phone for talking I want to use it for music and audible.

Anyone have a recommendation?
The Bluetooth module is only for telephone calls.
For music, etc. you'll need an ACM or apparently the newer ipod (something something something) module. There are several threads on this throughout this forum.

Old 04-06-2018, 06:49 AM
Default Carpro

Purchased the Carpro adapter - works flawlessly and set up in about 30 seconds on an XKR 175.

Old 04-06-2018, 07:41 AM

Thanks guys, I keep bumping into these devices with the 32pin connector. Where is this connector supposed to go? At the trunk into the existing port in the bluetooth module that I unplugged and then plugged in again to activate the phone again? Or is it at the back of the screen under the dash somewhere?

Old 05-10-2018, 07:11 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a '07 XKR. I had my local stereo store install a module that allows a bluetooth connection. If i remember correctly the module was about $350 installed. It works pretty well. The module has to be turned off before the car is or you need to hit the reset button before turning the car back on. I have a LOT of sound in my car and it is important to my overall enjoyment of the car. I would say I am pretty satisfied with the way it works. Sounds great and I have linked multiple types of phones to the bluetooth module without much hassle. I like the fact I don't have any wires plugged into the phone. It does take over the phone call bluetooth functions so instead of bluetooth through the car stereo it works through the module.

Last edited by Andrew 07 XKR; 05-10-2018 at 07:14 PM.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:03 PM

And the name of this device? Or do I just walk in the stereo store and they'll know what I need?

TIA

retaildad (07-18-2020)
Old 05-11-2018, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 XK-Play Bluetooth music

My I-6s hooks up fine and the phone works well, but I have no Ipod connector and want to play music from the phone...anyone got any suggestions?

Old 05-12-2018, 07:46 PM

I have a '07 XKR. I had my local stereo store install a module that allows a bluetooth connection. If i remember correctly the module was about $350 installed. It works pretty well. The module has to be turned off before the car is or you need to hit the reset button before turning the car back on. I have a LOT of sound in my car and it is important to my overall enjoyment of the car. I would say I am pretty satisfied with the way it works. Sounds great and I have linked multiple types of phones to the bluetooth module without much hassle. I like the fact I don't have any wires plugged into the phone. It does take over the phone call bluetooth functions so instead of bluetooth through the car stereo it works through the module.

Old 05-12-2018, 07:53 PM

I'm sorry I don't know the name of the device. My stereo guy referred to it as a module. I know it shipped from a spot in Florida. Here is the contact info for my stereo guy.

Dewey
Car Audio Heaven
+1.858.505.9099
Kearny Mesa ? Car Audio Heaven

Hours:

Monday – Saturday: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Sunday: Closed

Address:

8199 Clairemont Mesa Blvd R, San Diego, CA 92111.

Old 05-13-2018, 12:32 PM
Received 228 Likes on 126 Posts

Answering the Thread Title Question.... Moto Z2 Play pairs with my 2010 XKR and phone works as expected. Haven't tried any music stuff, it doesn't interest me that much.

Cheers,

Dave

Old 06-21-2018, 06:57 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My previous iPhone worked, but XK can't find iPhone7. Problem: I tried to remove previous phone from XK, but it does not remove it even if I press "remove"!

Quick Reply: "Will my smartphone connect with the Bluetooth in my Jaguar?