XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

"Will my smartphone connect with the Bluetooth in my Jaguar?

Old 07-13-2018, 04:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Success

Bought this module on eBay: 9W83-10D893-AB Installed it and successfully paired my iPhone 5s. 07 XK

Old 08-23-2018, 02:37 PM
Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

My Samsung 8 now pairs with both my XK and with the FM transmitter at the same time now, so now I can use my phone, google maps on phone and play music from my phone (books on Audible too) all through the speakers. Works like a charm.

Old 09-01-2018, 10:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,149 Likes on 3,085 Posts

Originally Posted by sklimii
Thanks to Stuart S for great info below:

"Will my smartphone connect with the Bluetooth in my Jaguar?"

Here is THE DEFINITIVE SOURCE: Vehicles - Jaguar Click the link and you can search (1) by model and year or (2) you can enter your VIN.

Stuart
[/QUOTE]

Is there an updates site for this link? The listed phones have neanderthal prints on them they are so old.

Old 09-08-2018, 01:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes just connected mine. Thanks to all

Old 09-09-2018, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth adapter

There are several other bluetooth adapters similar to Bovee you can try "Airdual Bluetooth Adapter" that use iPhone interface cable. There are also cheaper USB bluetooth adapters for BMW you can search on ebay.

Old 11-18-2018, 05:49 PM
Received 140 Likes on 84 Posts
Default New 10’ XKR owner here

so I have read all of your posts but still have questions. Ugh
my IPhone 8 and daughters IPhone 6 Bluetooth connect with no problems and send and receive calls....yay but no Spotify, pandora, or music transfer from phone to car.
The Carpro and Bovee devices I’m assuming resolve this issue and cost about 80-100 USD each. I also see a iPod-to-iPhone cable interface “ Sygile Music Interface AUX Adapter Cable for iPhone 7 7 Plus 8 8 Plus X 8 Pin Connector for Jaguar XF, XJ and XK, Land Rover Discovery, Range Rover, Range Rover Sport”, cost $25. The Land Rover guys say it doesn’t work as listed on the (7) reviews. Anyone try this interface? Or should I just buy one of the two BT devices?

Old 11-20-2018, 08:13 AM
Received 140 Likes on 84 Posts

Okay, I stopped being cheap and bought the Bovee Bluetooth device. It arrives today !

Old 01-16-2019, 02:33 PM

Well Hell! I purchased the Bovee 1000 to try to create a more seamless Bluetooth system. I had been using an FM receiver and connecting my Android, Samsung Galaxy8 for more than a year. The Android connects to transmitter for music/books and to the Jag for phone.

I plugged in the Bovee and all hell broke loose. I connected fine, tried it with Audible, Google Play Music and iRadio streaming and it plays well, but will not stop playing.
The audio pauses and then starts again a couple seconds later. Even after CLOSING Audible, it starts playing again.
I could not make a phone call via Bluetooth with the Bovee connected.

I disconnected the Bovee completely and now:
I can no longer connect my phone directly to the car. I have tried deleting it from the car listing, to reconnect - I find the phone listing, hit delete phone, and it does nothing. Not surprised I cant delete as I was never able to delete the previous owners phone. But I cant connect my phone any longer.
The FM transmitter still works to play music when plugged back in.

Any solution?

Old 01-18-2019, 05:48 PM
Received 76 Likes on 40 Posts

Music be damned. I would be happy if my 2011 XK could just automatically distinguish which of the two Samsung 5s saved in its memory was in the car when the ignition starts and dock with that phone instead of me having to do it manually after my wife drives the car. Much cheaper cars of the same era can do it so the technology was available.

Old 01-18-2019, 09:05 PM
Veteran Member

I had the same problem (sorta) a few years ago.... I bought a new F150 and it had the same Ford Sync system and my phone wouldn't distinguish between that and my wife's Fusion with Sync. I discovered all I had to do was change the name of the connection for my truck and all worked well.
Don't know if the opposite would work, like renaming a phone.

Old 01-23-2019, 01:13 PM

Fortunately, I did get my phone reconnected, after deleting the car and Bovee both from my phone, reconnecting to each. However, I still have the issue of not being able to stop the music.

Old 01-23-2019, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member

Me, I just plug a flash drive into the center console with my 9000 songs on it. Plays perfectly well.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cee Jay:
scm (01-26-2019), SuperTrav (05-06-2019)
Old 01-29-2019, 10:32 AM

Does this issue affect all models in years 07 - 14?

Old 01-29-2019, 11:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsclark
Does this issue affect all models in years 07 - 14?
what issue specifically? As I read what you're attempting to do, I wonder if it's just not doable. Jaguar designed their audio to interface with iPod's and it will work with iPhones. You can play music from an android phone but lose considerable functionality in the display and sometimes the steering wheel controls don't respond. I originally bought the Bovee to use with Android phone, but functionality with Jaguar audio is too limited for me.

I directly plug the iPod into the connector, which has the added benefit of charging the iPod. I could use the Bovee with the iPod but there is a loss of audio quality vs. direct connect, however the Bovee BT works great with the iPod and allows full functionality on screen (display of albums, etc) and controls, both on screen and steering wheel.

My phone (Samsung Galaxy 8+) works independently with Jaguars BT phone module connection. Different modules and different tech entirely from the iPod connection.

Trying to merge the use of two separate and distinct functions managed by one device is where you have trouble I believe.

I can play music on my Samsung via the Bovee, but as I said, poor control functions and virtually no display.

I rarely use map functions and all that I lose from my set up would be google maps voice guidance coming through the speakers via BT if I were to use google maps at all. Just not necessary for me.

I suspect that those who have iPhones can do both with one one phone, I dunno about that.

Last edited by Sean W; 01-29-2019 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sean W
what issue specifically? As I read what you're attempting to do, I wonder if it's just not doable. Jaguar designed their audio to interface with iPod's and it will work with iPhones. You can play music from an android phone but lose considerable functionality in the display and sometimes the steering wheel controls don't respond. I originally bought the Bovee to use with Android phone, but functionality with Jaguar audio is too limited for me.

I directly plug the iPod into the connector, which has the added benefit of charging the iPod. I could use the Bovee with the iPod but there is a loss of audio quality vs. direct connect, however the Bovee BT works great with the iPod and allows full functionality on screen (display of albums, etc) and controls, both on screen and steering wheel.

My phone (Samsung Galaxy 8+) works independently with Jaguars BT phone module connection. Different modules and different tech entirely from the iPod connection.

Trying to merge the use of two separate and distinct functions managed by one device is where you have trouble I believe.

I can play music on my Samsung via the Bovee, but as I said, poor control functions and virtually no display.

I rarely use map functions and all that I lose from my set up would be google maps voice guidance coming through the speakers via BT if I were to use google maps at all. Just not necessary for me.

I suspect that those who have iPhones can do both with one one phone, I dunno about that.
The "issue" I am referring to is the absence of BT connectivity for music via phone BT. Do MYs over 2014 allow music/voice gps voice to be played via BT through speakers or even plugged into via USB for iPhone/Android?

All I am really trying to do is to be able to play music or radio and hear maps and phone seamlessly with a Samsung or newer (non 30 pin) iPhone. After playing with the Bovee for a while, the FM transmitter seems to be my preferred accessory. There is NO seamless solution for this situation.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just received CoolStream CarPro BT adapter to plug in the ipod 30 pin connector, stored music or Spotify stream with great sound. Steering wheel controls work & songs display on screen. I have 2012 XK with Bowers/Wilkins.

Old 06-27-2019, 11:55 AM

Terrible is all I can say. Spend $107k on a car that is now 8 years old and a current iphone cannot connect. Jaguar should continue updated their software with their vendor for many more years if they truly value their customer.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:17 PM

I'm just trying to connect my iphone X to my 2011 XKR. Since anything newer than 7 won't connect, I could use a few suggestions. I don't care about streaming music, just need my phone hands free.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

Get an Android. Even the inexpensive ones work fine.
Spend $1000 on a phone that is now 8 months old and a vehicle cannot connect.

The following users liked this post:
ralphwg (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 12:31 PM

Looked into that. Galaxy 7 is the newest android that will work. No S10 connection available.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Will my smartphone connect with the Bluetooth in my Jaguar?