XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

XK high flow air intake & cat back exhoust system upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XK high flow air intake & cat back exhoust system upgrade

I would like to install a K&N high flow air intake and filter on my 2008 XK, but was disapointed to find that they do not seem to offer one. Does anyone know of a similar intake system available in the US for the XK 4.2 V8 normally aspirated?

I am also looking to upgrade to a Borla or similar exhaust system for the car from a US supplier, just mufflers or a full cat back system. Like the K&N, nothing on the Borla web site for XKs.

Thanks!

Old 09-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I think Mina has an intake for XK. For sure they have an exhaust. I saw the Mina intake on an S-Type R and wasn't impressed. I think you'll be hard pressed to make an advantage on what Jaguar has already designed.

I've read that dramatic change to air flow on the Jag can cause some sensor issues.

If you can get SuperSprint to manufacture an exhaust, count me in. I spoke to them once and they said they wouldn't do another run on the exhaust until they had enough interest. Perhaps we can get a group buy going?

Old 09-19-2013, 01:37 PM
Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I think Mina has an intake for XK. For sure they have an exhaust. I saw the Mina intake on an S-Type R and wasn't impressed. I think you'll be hard pressed to make an advantage on what Jaguar has already designed.

I've read that dramatic change to air flow on the Jag can cause some sensor issues.

If you can get SuperSprint to manufacture an exhaust, count me in. I spoke to them once and they said they wouldn't do another run on the exhaust until they had enough interest. Perhaps we can get a group buy going?
I'd be interested also. Mina is a good price point until you consider its only an axle back and you'd still need an X pipe to truly compare with others.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Ballpark

What's the Ballpark price on the Supersprint exhaust?

Old 09-20-2013, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mike V
What's the Ballpark price on the Supersprint exhaust?
Who knows? Let get them to do a run of exhausts. Try looking at more common exhausts from them compared to other brands to guesstimate.

They make a hell of product though and aren't crazy expensive in general.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:27 PM
Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

Who knows? Let get them to do a run of exhausts. Try looking at more common exhausts from them compared to other brands to guesstimate.

They make a hell of product though and aren't crazy expensive in general.

Supersprint would come in around 2500ish... again though, its important to compare what you get when you look at exhausts. Fit/finish, welds, material, catback vs axleback - etc.

The mina looks like a steal until you consider that the only x-pipe on the market is 1500 dollars and what you would need to make it apples to apples with the competitors and also makes it actually a little more expensive.

Old 09-21-2013, 06:55 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by R_Rated
The mina looks like a steal until you consider that the only x-pipe on the market is 1500 dollars and what you would need to make it apples to apples with the competitors and also makes it actually a little more expensive.
From what people post on the Mina exhaust; everyone is happy with the quality, fit, and finish of the exhaust.

I've considered just removing the resonator on the stock exhaust. I'd like to hear from someone else who's done it first. I really like the way the stock muffler looks. Heck, I wash it each time I wash the car...

Old 09-22-2013, 09:12 PM
cpf
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what people post on the Mina exhaust; everyone is happy with the quality, fit, and finish of the exhaust.

I've considered just removing the resonator on the stock exhaust. I'd like to hear from someone else who's done it first. I really like the way the stock muffler looks. Heck, I wash it each time I wash the car...
Ditto, I am very happy with it. Looks great, great fit and just the right amount of exhaust note.