Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 XKR Supercharger duct bolt help needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 09:57 AM
Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 2003 XKR Supercharger duct bolt help needed

Hey Everyone,

Trying to replace the supercharger duct seals on my 2003 XKR today to fix a vacuum leak and I came across a problem right away. It looks like the bolt that is on the drivers side and butts up against the V8 cover is stripping/rounding. There is very little clearance with this particular bolt and I cannot get a socket on it. Tried a 10mm wrench and it slipped as the bolt is rounding off.

Does anyone have any experience taking this particular bolt off? The others came off pretty easily. Also, I cannot find a part number for this bolt as I would like to replace it if I do get it off. Checked the parts list on the sticky pages and for some reason it does not even show these bolts.

Also, do you guys know what torque these bolts that secure the clamp plats are supposed to be tightened to? Also, I am going to have to remove the bolts on the V8 cover and I cannot find torque specs for those as well. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Corey

Old 01-31-2021, 11:30 AM
Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

Just an update. I was able to get the bolts off with a 1/4" drive 10mm deep socket. They are much skinnier than my other 10mm 3/8 drive regular sockets and provided enough clearance to get a solid grip on the bolts and remove them. I did some more research on the bolts and believe the part number is JFS10816E. Having a hard time locating them now but I submitted a few requests with some online parts retailers and the Jaguar dealership. We shall see.

Managed to get everything off and found a crack in the duct seal on the passenger side which is exactly where I suspected the vacuum leak to be. Unfortunately, it looks like I have the old design of the clamp plates so I am going to order some upgraded ones today but still reassemble everything to see if we fixed it. It is not fun seeing the Jag sitting in the driveway and not be able to drive it so hopefully that will change today!

Still looking up the torque specs so if anyone has them that would be great. I do think the V8 cover bolts have pretty low torque, they came off pretty easily. The ones securing the clamp plates though seem fairly tight. Will just go with feel if I cannot find anything on the specs.