XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Abs trac warning light. ARGH!!!!! And a great upgrade! (Semi connected)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 06:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 513 Likes on 333 Posts
Default Abs trac warning light. ARGH!!!!! And a great upgrade! (Semi connected)

Ok. I'm sooooooo sick of this issue!! I've cleaned all the sensors, checked the module, and low and behold that darn warning started up again.
BUT! This time I may have a culprit. It had stopped for a long time and I thought it was finally settled. It usually only came on when I put it in reverse and even then one once in a while. But about three weeks ago it started coming on about every other time I started car!
I started to pay attention to what I did as I got in the car and noticed that if I so much as tapped the brake pedal, the abs/trac light would come on when I started the car and stay on until I let it set a couple hours after driving. So it tested my theory and sure enough, if I have my foot on the brake or even accidentally tap it while getting in, the warning always comes on. But never does if I can avoid it before starting. Once started, no problems.
Now I'm hoping someone will confirm that it's probably something in the brake pedal switch, an easy fix. Although not a cheap part!
Here's why I think it happened. I ordered the aluminum pedals from Mina Gallery, which I highly recommend!! They are really awesome!! But during installing, I didn't realize that, having to put a great deal of pressure on the pedal to drill through, I may do damage to the switch. I mean its HARD steel!!! And I bought new bits. Hindsight, I'd have used a block of wood behind. I may have to email Chris and suggest he add that to the instructions, not that I'd read them anyway!! Lol
Abs trac warning light. ARGH!!!!! And a great upgrade! (Semi connected)-image.jpg

Old 07-02-2014, 08:34 AM
Received 7,879 Likes on 4,763 Posts

I am going to ask the question I ALWAYS ask......
What DTCs are logged in the modules???????????????

You can save yourself a lot of time by knowing what to look for.

I know it takes more than generic equipment to read the Body or Chassis DTCs but......you will just keep guessing and guessing.

bob gauff