XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use Justice Brothers Fluids?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 03:21 PM
Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts
Arrow Anyone use Justice Brothers Fluids?

Reading lots about this brand and wonder what your experiences are?

Old 05-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Received 7,879 Likes on 4,763 Posts

I used to use them back in the 1980s when I worked at a shop that was supplied by an old JB sales guy.

I did not know they were still in business. Most of the shops I worked at since then used BG or WYNNs products.

bob

The following users liked this post:
prettybluefin (05-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 12:07 PM
Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

I have used JB80 spray lube for years. I use it for everything, it doesn't dry up, it's a great penetrant, and its a good lubricant. It is smelly however....
Regards,

The following users liked this post:
prettybluefin (05-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 01:05 PM

motorcarman: yes, they are still around. they are here in CA... did you notice a big/positive difference in using it? what did the customers think?

my mechanic changed out some of my fluids on friday, all using JB stuff...

~power steering fluid & conditioner.
~oil treatment
~cooling system protector & water pump lubricant
~radiator cleaner

i drove probably around 500 miles over the next 3 days, (mainly streets) and my MPG was at 17.5
previously it was at around 15. i always keep a full tank, and use the same top tier gas from shell.

I know JB has been around for decades, and they use their products in races...so it was cool to see I got improved gas performance. No idea what the prior owner used, but it was always maintained at the dealership...i just wanted to have all fresh fluids done at the same time.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,276 Likes on 2,813 Posts

If you are running a decent-quality motor oil, you are wasting your money on "oil treatments"....

I would want to know exactly what kind of "cooling system protector", "water pump lubricant", and "radiator cleaner" your mechanic poured into your cooling system. The spec coolant does not play well with others, and you could be creating a gelling problem which can eventually kill your engine....

Old 05-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Received 387 Likes on 269 Posts

do not dump stuff in unless there is a specific verifiable reason and the product specifically provides it. an example would be older flat tappet engines that do not get the lubrication from even high quality motor oils.

i would be particularly worried that the coolant is reacting to this garbage. flush the system and waste some product to make sure that you got it all out. this could be a disaster in short time. do a search on how to drain and flush the system and do it tomorrow. i just finished tearing down a friend's engine that had the dexkill effect.

Old 05-04-2017, 08:33 PM
Received 7,879 Likes on 4,763 Posts

Originally Posted by prettybluefin

motorcarman: yes, they are still around. they are here in CA... did you notice a big/positive difference in using it? what did the customers think?

my mechanic changed out some of my fluids on friday, all using JB stuff...

~power steering fluid & conditioner.
~oil treatment
~cooling system protector & water pump lubricant
~radiator cleaner

i drove probably around 500 miles over the next 3 days, (mainly streets) and my MPG was at 17.5
previously it was at around 15. i always keep a full tank, and use the same top tier gas from shell.

I know JB has been around for decades, and they use their products in races...so it was cool to see I got improved gas performance. No idea what the prior owner used, but it was always maintained at the dealership...i just wanted to have all fresh fluids done at the same time.
I think we just used the cooling system flush if there was a clogged radiator while the radiator was out for repair. Flushed the block and hoses.

The lube sprays and penetrating oils were handy. I don't remember using all the products, just a supply of a few chemicals. It was 30+ years ago.

bob

Old 05-04-2017, 08:41 PM
Received 2,255 Likes on 1,840 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon89
If you are running a decent-quality motor oil, you are wasting your money on "oil treatments"....

I would want to know exactly what kind of "cooling system protector", "water pump lubricant", and "radiator cleaner" your mechanic poured into your cooling system. The spec coolant does not play well with others, and you could be creating a gelling problem which can eventually kill your engine....
Originally Posted by WhiteHat
do not dump stuff in unless there is a specific verifiable reason and the product specifically provides it. an example would be older flat tappet engines that do not get the lubrication from even high quality motor oils.

i would be particularly worried that the coolant is reacting to this garbage. flush the system and waste some product to make sure that you got it all out. this could be a disaster in short time. do a search on how to drain and flush the system and do it tomorrow. i just finished tearing down a friend's engine that had the dexkill effect.
+1

Your mechanic would never get my business, I hope he never gets yours again.

Modern coolants, oils and fuels do NOT need any additives to do their job. Jag specifically cautions against adding anything the owners manual.

The change in fuel mpg is an anomaly. If th additive was really responsible, why doesn't all fuel have it?

Old 05-04-2017, 08:47 PM

Two long time customers in the waiting room told me it made their cars run better, and boosted the mpg. one has a BMW M3 and the other has a Lexus. They both have only used JB for years.
As I mentioned, I noticed a difference in feel and mpg in the 300 miles so far...

New Dex was put in at the same time.

this article was interesting as well
Cooling System Additives - Turbo and High-Tech Performance Magazine