XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back in business...sort of!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2018, 11:35 PM
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Back in business...sort of!

Hey everyone, it's been awhile. Lets see, turns out my spine is trying to kill me.
But who cares right, this is a car forum, I'm going to get back to my XKR100 despite all of this BS...
She's been sitting in the garage looking at me very dejected and annoyed at me not giving her the proper attention she requires while I battle the ability to walk properly without cursing heavily.
Before my spine decided to attempt a cavalcade of circus act feats of ridiculousness, I had the wherewithal to put the XKR on a maintenance charger. So no low battery issues, and it fires right up every time at least that's going correctly!
The XKR100 has sat for quite some time in her garage space, but every now & then I'd force myself to carefully climb in her and fire it up, still purring like a dishwasher, so that's a good thing!
So today I did the same thing, I started it up, although it took a couple seconds longer than usual (I'm assuming I need to put fresh fuel/petrol in it) but it started up and ran fine. And then the fault lights, now I'm sure it's most likely not a big problem as after I shut it down and once I started it back up they went away, perhaps it's an intermittent issue.
I haven't connected the ODBII scanner yet, but it's showing the ABS & traction control faults.
My guess is it has nothing to do with either of those things, and it's probably a loose connector or something monumentally silly like a seat position track sensor.

Oh and one other awful thing. I have no idea how it got there, but there is some weird mold or fungus in the carpet behind the passenger seat. I asked my lovely wife to grab some color safe bleach, and I'll see about rectifying that as soon as I can.

I also need to wire in a couple of accessory outlets for some various things I need, figure I'd tap into the loom behind the glovebox,

So a few questions, does anyone know where I can find the actual plug or the OEM cable that connects to the receptacle back there or the power receptacle, I'd like to tie into it and split it a couple of times if possible!
I'd also like to make a few other tweaks, like install satellite radio, I have an idea on how to install it and make it clean as possible but I'd like to see if you all might have any ideas or photos of an XM onyx being installed.

With my current physical limitations, we'll have to see how this ends up!

Old 07-18-2018, 02:50 AM
GGG
Received 16,792 Likes on 12,165 Posts

Originally Posted by xamyel
Hey everyone, it's been awhile. Lets see, turns out my spine is trying to kill me.
But who cares right, this is a car forum, I'm going to get back to my XKR100 despite all of this BS........
It's been almost five months since your previous posts. You must have really been going through the mill with your spine and I hope your health is improving.

The fungus on the carpet could be that's it's wet from a blocked AC drain. If the drain tube is plugged at the bottom, the only place for condensate to go is into the footwells.

I've attached the fitting instructions for the Auxilliary Power Socket in the glove box. You can use the same connections to add a multi outlet.

Graham

Attached Files
The following 2 users liked this post by GGG:
toaster (07-18-2018), xamyel (07-18-2018)
Old 07-18-2018, 02:18 PM

Yes I'm slowly on the mend, but it's a long uphill climb (mostly on my hands & knees). I will survive this, it's more of a giant nuisance more than anything.

I'll check the AC drain as soon as I can get in there to look, that sounds promising. As far as the accessory outlet, that's awesome I wonder what the part number is for that cable used to tie in to the loom, I guess I could make one though.

Thanks Graham!

Old 07-18-2018, 02:19 PM

LOL duh, n/m C2A 1403 is the part number, just need to open my eyes a bit more...