XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Child / Latch Anchor Covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Child / Latch Anchor Covers

My 04 XKR is missing the small plastic child anchor covers, gray. I know they exist as I've seen them on other 04 XK's. I do not see them listed on any Jaguar manual, JTIS, or parts diagram. I also have never seen them listed on eBay or anywhere else I have looked. These two plastic covers fill up the two holes with metal bars for child seats in the US on the rear dashboard area. Does anyone either know their part number (for gray), or know where I can get a pair from? Thanks.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:56 AM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Red1bw
My 04 XKR is missing the small plastic child anchor covers, gray. I know they exist as I've seen them on other 04 XK's. I do not see them listed on any Jaguar manual, JTIS, or parts diagram. I also have never seen them listed on eBay or anywhere else I have looked. These two plastic covers fill up the two holes with metal bars for child seats in the US on the rear dashboard area. Does anyone either know their part number (for gray), or know where I can get a pair from? Thanks.
I've seen these advertised in Cashmere as:

Jaguar Part No HNE 2107AA SDZ

The last three letters (SDZ) are the colour code so substituting the gray code from your vehicle will give the correct Jaguar part.

If you don't know the code, you can check it here:

Jaguar Leather Trim Colour Chart

Graham

Old 04-11-2012, 10:30 AM
GGG

The brackets are listed in the Parts Catalogue:

XK8 - Child Restraint.pdf

The Dove option part numbers are shown in the table beneath the parts diagram.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
Red1bw (04-12-2012)
Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Default 2004 child anchor covers part number.

Thanks for the quick response. I've seen those brackets on ebay. I'm pretty confident they are not the ones for a 2004 XKR, at least not the original ones it came with. Those pictured, are much thicker and may have a moveable piece in them. Additionally, the parts flier states only up to VIN A08289, my 04 XKR is a VIN A38XXX. I actually have one of the bracket covers that came with the car (very sun faded, and the other was missing). I was planning on ordering 2. The ones I need are basically flat (with some small tabs on the back side to hold them in place). I will try to post a picture of the one faded one later.
My interior color is warm charcoal (LEG). Maybe there is a chance these "fatter ones" are a new replacement part for the original XKR flat ones, but they are shaped very differently, don't look like they'll fit, and don't jive with the VIN either. So, unfortunately I do not think these are correct for me. Any other part numbers / sources? Thanks.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:09 PM
GGG

Here's the one for XK8 4.2 Coupe from VIN A30645 onwards:

XK8 Coupe - Rear Seat Restraints.pdf

See items 3 and 4. Colour code LEG = Warm Charcoal

Graham

Old 04-12-2012, 06:07 AM
Default Original child anchor latch cover.

This is what I believe the case is in regards to that diagram. I do not have child anchors that look anything like those pictured in 3. I have the built in US ones which are picture #7. Of course, this diagram does not show the flat covers that I am talking about that cover the two latch hooks of item number 7. They are flat, because the top loops of part number 7 are basically flush with the holes (US models).
It also appears that the latch system that compose parts in number 3 are for non-US export Jaguars. These are ugly metal latches that bolt on top of the rear dash (instead of being under the rear dash, built into the car, and with the holes / flat covers on US ones). The ugly metal brackets sit on top of the rear dash, and bolt through special points. These ugly metal brackets can then be covered with the thick color coded plastic covers with the hinged piece. These seem to be an add on for those who want them on their non-US models (while a Jaguar part, they do look very aftermarket and generic) or even standard on some non-us export models. I have also seen a picture of these on this forum on another type of Jaguar (see picture on thread titled: Child seat anchors by dstary).
So, unfortunately, I have been unable to get a part number using JTIS, the parts sheet, or the same parts program you reference to. Thanks for the input, and I will try to post a picture of the cover some time soon. I just need to figure out where I put it.

Last edited by Red1bw; 04-12-2012 at 06:12 AM. Reason: better detail
Old 04-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Default Found part #, and way overpriced.

Well I found the old faded one. On the rear it says HJD1245AA - duh!!! Bringing this up I could find nothing, but adding my LEG color code on the rear of that number would bring it up priced at $134 each for a 50 cent piece of plastic. I tried multiple parts suppliers and all were priced in that vicinity. I was expecting this 50 cent piece of plastic to cost between $6 - $30 dollars each. I tried virtually every other color code available, with the thinking that as long as I had a pair, I could care less if the color is cashmere or pink. Plus I could always spray paint them. However, no other color code I brought up would show as a part number.
I will try to attach a picture of the front and rear. I've never done that before on this forum, so not sure if it will handle these data-hungry detailed pics. If anyone knows where I can get these cheaper, by all means, I would like to know. Got the pics, but had to send them in a lower resolution that I originally did. Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Child / Latch Anchor Covers-photo-2-.jpg   Child / Latch Anchor Covers-photo-3-.jpg  

Last edited by Red1bw; 04-12-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Are you looking for a child cover or a child anchor?

Old 04-13-2012, 05:45 AM
Default Covers

I am looking for a pair of the covers for the child anchor. They need to be shaped exactly as the picture above. I do not really care what color they are as I can always paint them. It is my understanding that these covers were only found on the US export XK8/XKR's. Thanks.