XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!!!!!!!! Abs false reading!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help!!!!!!!!!!! Abs false reading!!!!!

Just bought an AE scanner and was able to pull up error code that indicated that the left front speed sensor had a circuit failure. So i replace the wire harnes of the se4nsor with a new one, cleared the code and drove it a mile before the code came back on. I then rand the system check that lets u watch all four speed sensors work while u drive,,,To my suprise all the speed sensors were working all showed the same speed,,, but the error code was still not going away , is something wrong with the abs module that would send false info to the ecm. In the begining it did have a hydrualic pump failure but that code is gone and seems like its not comming back.... but asc is back on and so is trac , but the sensor is working just fine....... ANY IDEAS HOW I CAN FIX THIS. OH THE MODULE WAS TESTED AS I DROVE AND IT REGISTERED A 10 DONT KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS.....I NEED YOUR HELP

Old 11-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Received 7,862 Likes on 4,752 Posts

What C codes are logged in the module????????????

bob gauff

Old 11-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Default code c1155

this code keeps comming up but a test on the road with the autoengiuity scanner shows all four sensors showing the same wheel speeds , so this sensor is working, but the module says its not what can cause this problem ,,,, asc not available and trac not available is back on , i have reset this item several times but it keeps comming back after a mile or so

Old 11-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Received 7,862 Likes on 4,752 Posts

The monitor condition is

>20km/hr
>2 mins

It is most likely a connector or another section of harness going open circuit for a split second.
You might not notice a quick drop in signal but the ABS module will detect it.

It could be the Module itself.

I would simply plug a known good module in next to the pump/valve body and take it for a drive (but then I have a stack of used modules from years of working at the dealer) It does not have to be installed on the valve block, just connected to the pump motor and harness connector.

You could also swap the modules from cars with the SAME part number to see if the fault follows the module or remains with the car. This is easier if you work at a dealer or large shop with a lot of Jaguars available.

Just some ideas???

bob gauff

Old 11-24-2011, 10:32 AM
Default thanks

tomorrow i think i gonna remove the abs module and see it those two connections have broken solder on them and hopefully they do an i will solder them back and hope that solves the problem..... cause one thing for sure all speed sensors are working ,,,, even when the module is saying that they are not.... i can see the wheel speed for the autoengunity graph so this is the next step i guess............ will let u know what i find