XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jtis

Old 01-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Red face Jtis

HELP!!... I bought a new computer and now my JTIS doesn't work...and I can't remember where I downloaded it from... I could use a block of instruction please... I wanted to check for the lift points on my 98 XK8. I'm having new front tires installed on today, I wanted to make sure they put her on the "lift' correctly...;>(((
Thanks
Drive on
Fast Freddie

Old 01-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Did you get one of the small notebook computers with the Intel Atom processor? I can't get my JTIS to work on my Asus Eee but it works on all other PCs I have access to.
Mike

Old 01-14-2010, 06:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,110 Likes on 932 Posts

JTIS is indeed sensitive to the 'puter operating system. Worked fine on an older 'puter but took some fiddling to get it to work on Vista.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well maybe this picture will help.

Attached Thumbnails Jtis-jacking-point11.jpg  
Old 01-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got tired of trying to make JTIS work on laptop, desktop and at work (yeah, I know I shouldn't keep it there...) so I got VMware Player which is a free software which allows you to run virtual computers PC, loaded it with a WinXP machine and copied JTIS as an ISO image onto that virtual computer and now I have that package on a USB stick which I run on any computer that has VMware Player installed. Much easier than trying to make it work on Vista or Windows 7. Gives you the ability to run it on Mac or Linux as well...

Old 01-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lakritstroll
Much easier than trying to make it work on Vista or Windows 7. Gives you the ability to run it on Mac or Linux as well...
Actually it is just as easy to run it on a Win7 PC. You install the add-on VM and WinXP mode options and voila, a virtual XP box.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Wink Jtis

Thanks folks for all the replies.... They put her up carefully, and my new Michelin Pilots are onboard. However, I could still use the location of a good download site for the JTIS... perhaps that will replace the .dil file that "cannot be found"...
Thanks
Fred

Old 01-16-2010, 03:08 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,207 Likes on 1,700 Posts

See if this will work on Windows 7 I (know it works on Windows Vista) – Go to your START and select it, you should have a menu and on it to the right is your HELP and SUPPORT button select it. You will see your help screen open, when it does enter in the search area “installing old software” and enter. Scroll down and you will see a section called Run the Program Compatibility Wizard. You will also see other options that may help; however, I would recommend that you not use the manual settings unless you know what you are doing. Good Luck! Just an FYI you may want to be connected to the net. You may need to get a driver or two (not for your car).

Old 01-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,110 Likes on 932 Posts

I see you found the download site on the 'General Jaguar Site'. Did it work for you?

Old 01-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Unhappy Jtis

Originally Posted by test point
I see you found the download site on the 'General Jaguar Site'. Did it work for you?
Gus, that did't work. When the program (JTIS) loads, it says "file SV21WR32.DLL not found" I need to find the site and download. And Testpoint... No...it didn't work. There was a fellow here (Christo I think) that was providing a site, but I can't seem to reach him. Does anyone out there know of a download site!!...;>(((

Old 01-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Gus
Veteran Member
Received 2,207 Likes on 1,700 Posts

Go to the manufactures’ page for your computer, select help and copy and paste your error and see what they have to say. If you call chances are you will get tech that has no idea what you are talking about and you will be on the phone for hours.
Did you download or get a disk? You could have a problem with either one. In most cases the software has what it needed to install and run the program.

Try this

http://www.cannell.co.uk/Jaguar_Work...uals/JCD-1.zip
http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X198&...uals/JCD-1.zip
JTIS DIRECTORY
http://software.informer.com/getfree-find-jtis-program/
http://www.filestube.com/j/jtis+download

Let us know the one that worked!

Old 01-17-2010, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gus
Go to the manufactures’ page for your computer, select help and copy and paste your error and see what they have to say. If you call chances are you will get tech that has no idea what you are talking about and you will be on the phone for hours.
Did you download or get a disk? You could have a problem with either one. In most cases the software has what it needed to install and run the program.

Try this

http://www.cannell.co.uk/Jaguar_Work...uals/JCD-1.zip
http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X198&...uals/JCD-1.zip
JTIS DIRECTORY
http://software.informer.com/getfree-find-jtis-program/
http://www.filestube.com/j/jtis+download

Let us know the one that worked!
Thank you Gus for the help. I finally got it downloaded...however...it doesn't seem to be compatible to "Windows 7" , so now I have to wait for the windows folks to get back to me on how I can make her run...;>(((
Thanks again.....

Old 07-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Loading OS and program questions

Hello Sir,
I loaded the player and am at the point where it asks me to load a guest operating system. Could you please give me the steps from what OS you loaded via a CD or ISO, and how you loaded the program onto the guest OS?

Thank you

<<<Mathew>>>

Originally Posted by lakritstroll
I got tired of trying to make JTIS work on laptop, desktop and at work (yeah, I know I shouldn't keep it there...) so I got VMware Player which is a free software which allows you to run virtual computers PC, loaded it with a WinXP machine and copied JTIS as an ISO image onto that virtual computer and now I have that package on a USB stick which I run on any computer that has VMware Player installed. Much easier than trying to make it work on Vista or Windows 7. Gives you the ability to run it on Mac or Linux as well...

Old 07-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
The following users liked this post:
ka1thm (07-11-2011)
Old 07-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Fjk
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Follow the instructions At the "Note:"

JAGUAR MANUAL (JTIS) INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Insert CD in drive, open CD, run “Setup.exe” program.

2. Once JTIS program is installed, remove JTIS CD. Restart Computer. After computer is fully restarted, re-insert JTIS CD. Navigate to JTIS program through “Start” menu to “Programs”. Start JTIS program.

3. Proceed to the “Help” icon for complete operational instructions.

4. Once JTIS program is started, select “Service”, select model & model year, then use “Text Navigator” button on bottom of screen (2nd from right).

Note: The first time you install JTIS on a PC, it may be necessary to install Data Access Objects 3.5. If you are unable to access service directories, DAO 3.5 must be installed. Install DAO 3.5 by opening DAO35 folder on the JTIS CD-ROM. Then open “Disk 1” folder, and run the SETUP.EXE program from this folder.

IMPORTANT: THE JAGUAR SERVICE MANUAL “HELP” FEATURE INCLUDES COMPLETE OPERATIONAL INSTRUCTIONS AND MUST BE UTILIZED TO GAIN FULL BENEFIT FROM THIS CD!

Old 07-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 537 Likes on 400 Posts

I think that if you install off the CD then you always need to insert the CD when running. I copied all of the stuff off of the CD and onto a directory in my hard drive and installed from there. I do NOT need to insert the CD when running the JTIS.

Doug