XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Problems

I have a 2003 xk8 convertible and burned my only key I had! Well took it to a dealer in Jackson and they couldn't get the car to recognize the keys please help I need my car!! Bought 2 keys and remotes for 1100.00 and still won't crank! I still have to take it to another dealer so they can program the keys ! Can somebody please help me out here?? Can I do it or do I need to go to another dealer??

Old 07-16-2017, 03:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 916 Likes on 654 Posts
Exclamation All is not Lost, if you have the MONEY

Lynnbolden,

I just went through a similar KEY situation by buying one of the Flip Keys from eBay. Here is what you need to do.....First you will need to take the Car and ALL the KEYS you want programed to (A) a Dealer that can Program Keys.....Call ahead and find out if they can do ALL the programing before going.....(B) Call around to all the Lock Smith's in the area and find one they can Program the Keys to the Car or if they know a Key Guy in a Truck that will come to you! They have to have a machine that hooks-up to the car in order the program the Keys to start the car. You can then Program the Key Fobs to the car after you get the Keys Programed. Now! In order to do all this, you are going to need a bunch of BUCKS.....The Green Ones! The Guy in the Truck will cost you some where between $250.00 & $500.00, if you are LUCKY! A Jaguar Dealer will be even higher......First things first, Get the Keys Program so you can start and drive the Car.......The Key Fob programing directions are shown below.......

Billy Clyde in Houston

Programming the Key Fobs

1. Insert ignition key into the ignition switch barrel, but do not turn it..
2. Hold the turn signal switch stalk in the "flash to pass" position and turn the ignition on with the key (while holding the turn signal switch in "flash to pass"). Do not turn to Start!
3. Then repeatedly flash the lights with the turn signal stalk until a confirmation chirp is heard (usually five or six flashes). The little Red Light down on the J-Gate will also turn on...
4 . After hearing the chirp, depress a button on the remote transmitter being programmed. If the remote was accepted, there will be another confirmation chirp. Continue depressing one of the Buttons on each of your Key Fobs until you have depressed up to (5) Remotes or if you only have (2) remotes depress each one until you have reached the number 5...
5. Turn off the ignition and test the remotes. If you have done it right, each one will Open & Lock the Doors, Open the Boot, Honk the horn and Turn on the Lights.

Good Luck! Welcome in from the Dark.......But be sure to have a bunch of Bucks with you!!! BC

Last edited by bcprice36; 07-16-2017 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Addinng the programing instructions