XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Thank You Offer To These Helpful Folks...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My Thank You Offer To These Helpful Folks...

I have been blessed with a relatively trouble free example of our beloved cars. So when I peruse the posts it is more out of intellectual curiosity than anything else. I still marvel at the depth of knowledge and generosity of that knowledge that is shared across this forum. Unfortunately, as my mechanical capabilities ended with my 1970 Firebird, I have little to contribute to the forum except the odd question and the non-technical answer.

I do, however, know boats. Especially sailboats. I grew up on them. Pulled them apart and put them together for over 40 years. So...I offer information and guidance on the only thing that I feel on par with the help shared on this forum. Boats.

Ya gotta question about boats? I'm your guy. My only hope is that I can give back a little of what I have taken away from this forum.

That is all.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 186 Likes on 161 Posts

Jag69,
I have an 86 Hunter 23 that has been parked in my yard for several years. Last time I hauled it the trailer brakes actually caught fire! Should have seen me run for the garden hose!
I'll keep you in mind when I decide to fix things on it.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:58 PM
dx3
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jag69
I have been blessed with a relatively trouble free example of our beloved cars. So when I peruse the posts it is more out of intellectual curiosity than anything else. I still marvel at the depth of knowledge and generosity of that knowledge that is shared across this forum. Unfortunately, as my mechanical capabilities ended with my 1970 Firebird, I have little to contribute to the forum except the odd question and the non-technical answer.

I do, however, know boats. Especially sailboats. I grew up on them. Pulled them apart and put them together for over 40 years. So...I offer information and guidance on the only thing that I feel on par with the help shared on this forum. Boats.

Ya gotta question about boats? I'm your guy. My only hope is that I can give back a little of what I have taken away from this forum.

That is all.
As a new member I couldn't agree more. Gordon was kind enough to loan me the tools to do the tensioner job. Saved me a lot of time and money trying to locate them

Jonny

Old 03-28-2012, 12:53 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

A very nice gesture Jag69. I remember awhile back an IT wiz offered free advice on networking problems, hardware issues, anything computer related he was willing to help someone out for the same reason you are. I'm not sure where to post your thread though, maybe off-topic? Title it something like "Question about Boats and Anything Maritime?" Maybe Jim will let us sticky it for a month or two, see if you can help some members getting their boats out of storage or dry dock. I, on the other hand, can barely steer a boat, let alone talk intelligently about one.