XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PowerFlex Upper Control Arm Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
Default PowerFlex Upper Control Arm Bushings

As part of the front suspension work I recently had done on my car I had PowerFlex poly bushings installed on my upper control arms. First, the workmanship on these bushings are excellent and quite superior to the OEM design. They fit very nicely into the upper control arm. Performance-wise the poly bushings have been excellent. They impart a little stiffer road feel without transmitting too much of the pavement imperfections. I also plan to install PowerFlex poly bushings on the rear "A" frame mounts and will update when the work is completed. For now I give PowerFlex poly bushings a thumbs up.

Old 03-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Received 169 Likes on 84 Posts

+1 here!

Old 03-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Control Arms

What type of suspension work was done?
I ask as I have had repeated troubles on my front right, and am told it is the control arms. They were (supposedly) replaced about two years ago, but the problems continue - uneven tire wear, difficult alignments, and occassional vibration in the steering wheel at about 70 mph.
Any and all insight appreciated.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:44 AM
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Muttley, I had a comprehensive front suspension renewal on both sides of the car: new upper shock mount bushings, upper control arm bushings, and new lower control arms. All of this was followed by a front end alignment. If you had the control arms replaced a couple years ago then you should not be having a problem and this point unless they were subsequently damaged or you have driven the car many miles on poorly maintained pavement. The tire wear and vibration problems could be related to worn suspension bushings, damaged wheels and/or displaced suspension geometry related to differential wear of any or all of the above. I suggest that you take the car to a good Jag Tech/mechanic and have them do a thorough inspection with the car up on a lift. The key factor is having the car evaluated by a Jag expert who will be able to accurately identify the problem(s).

Hope this will be helpful.

Tim