XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Installed Now C/E Light,asc.Trac Not Available

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Received 256 Likes on 176 Posts
Red face Radio Installed Now C/E Light,asc.Trac Not Available

What would cause this after having my radio installed and running a 2 new ground wire(NON OEM) in the trunk? Battery is 2 years old.

I used a 9v battery to find my speakers, as the colors were supposed to be on the gray connector, but I found some speakers on the yellow connector?

Got codes P1642 ,C1175, P1000 Car runs fine drives fine.

Then I read the codes again, I get restricted performance message, gearbox fault, power steering fluid low, coolant low,door open hood open, until the codes are cleared.

But the car runs normal, like nothing is wrong. WTF ?

Clear the codes with scanner, immediately get Codes C1175 ,P1642, P1000 And the button next to the sport mode is not lit up, but the wires are plugged in.
I really hope I didn't screw something up lol

Also the radio bezel /climate etc panel bezel broke into 20 thousand pieces(the plastic black surround piece that hold 6 phillip screws), any part number for that, you cant tell when its all back together though.

Last edited by aode06; 11-03-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:01 AM

The dealer is booked up a month !!!!!!! Wow lol

These warnings come one instantly without driving the car, indicating possible module error.

A tech told me to
1.unplug the ABS module, check the harness for power then ohm check the sensors at the harness.
2.Then do a hard reset
3.If the harness has power/ground and all 4 wheel sensors show a common value at the harness, then the ABS module is to blame, and me installing the radio, has absolutely nothing to do with that, other than my bass notes may have loosened up the solder joints in the module or loosened a fuse in the trunk, or my 9v battery was placed on a can bus wire.

Anyone have a pin out for the 2000 XKR ABS Module with wiring diagram?

And the connectors in the console,? this is getting annoying seeing these messages.

Last edited by aode06; 11-05-2014 at 10:04 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Check fuses 14 and 18 in the driver's side fusebox. I am thinking (hoping) maybe the 9v battery just blew a fuse to the instrument cluster, which is the CANbus hub.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:49 AM

I just checked all my fuses, none of them are blown,hence no spark was ever created.

I need your help, I have removed the abs connector at the module, all my sensors ohm fine except for LH wheel speed sensor is open circuit, no resistance detected, so what connector color and wire colors is this sensor in the center console,(pinout diagram helpful,)so I can fix asap?

I really would hate to run two near wires from the abs module harness, all the way to rear sensor.

Last edited by aode06; 11-24-2014 at 06:13 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:45 AM
Received 4,182 Likes on 3,645 Posts

deep breaths my friend!! here is the link to the electrical diagrams (6.1 is ABS) on Gus's website:

http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Auto.../jagxk2000.pdf

regards,
steve

Old 11-24-2014, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Are you sure the ABS module connector is fully seated? Someone on another forum had similar faults after unplugging the ABS module and it was nothing more than the ABS module connector not plugged in fully.

Old 11-24-2014, 09:46 AM
Default Resolved abs stability control traction control

Ok,
I found out what was wrong, there is a white wire and a blue wire. Each goes to the LH Rear Abs Sensor. I had the white wire cut to test with my 9volt battery for a speaker noise, mistakenly connecting to a white wire that went to a speaker from the factory amp out side(no power to it though-amp is disconnected, thank god).

I blame this on the poor engineering of wiring in the console, its just a bunch of tightly crammed,balled up wires and connectors, some of my connectors had Ford on them, some had the speaker wires I was after some did not.

Looking at the wiring diagram for the speakers, the problem is the diagram does not specify which connector they are in, in my xkr, they were in two different connectors/and similar color for one speaker to the LH Rear Speed Sensor,causing this issue.

But there is good news out of this, now this issue is gone,no abs repair needed to the module, I Removed both seats, and center console to be refurbished, sanded, and recolored, finished that just waiting for the colorant to dry(3 weeks). Also super glued that pesky plastic bezel the breaks into a thousand pieces, when installing your radio, climate control etc.

The dealer said to turn my amp down, because it can draw enough power from the car to throw the modules into malfunction-engine fail safe,restricted performance etc etc from battery voltage/amperage fluctuations, as it slams the sub woofers. They told me they don't even service cars unless this equipment is removed.

Last edited by aode06; 11-24-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by sklimii
deep breaths my friend!! here is the link to the electrical diagrams (6.1 is ABS) on Gus's website:

http://www.jagrepair.com/images/Auto.../jagxk2000.pdf

regards,
steve
Yeah, I needed page 100 ! I had to scroll and read slowly lol, because I found other useful technical learning from that manual !!

Old 11-24-2014, 08:12 PM

white xkr ive been looking for you to help solve this issue lol

Old 11-30-2014, 01:05 PM

Sorry for the late reply,im sick as a dog lol, weather changes,

Info in your owners manual,/panthlet overview, the dealer can print you one out, here is the article from power source below.

Standard equipment on the XK8 is automatic stability control (ASC), which reduces drive torque to the wheels by controlling the throttle position, ignition timing and fuel supply to the cylinders. The optional traction control (TRAC) adds brake intervention, using the anti-lock brake components to slow a spinning wheel.

In both systems, wheelspin is detected by the anti-lock brake sensors after comparing information supplied by all four wheel-speed sensors. Both systems may be manually canceled by pressing a switch on the center console to power out of deep snow or when using tire chains.

Automatic stability control is operational at all speeds to enhance car control in slippery conditions. When wheelspin is detected,the anti-lock electronic control module calculates the engine torque level that can be utilized without causing the tires to slip, based on information from the vehicle's controller area network (CAN).

First, the throttle angle is reduced, but because the effect of this action is not instantaneous, two further measures are taken. Ignition timing is retarded (the spark plug fires later than normal) and fuel to the cylinders cuts off until the proper throttle position is reached. Errors or malfunctions of the system and sensors will also be detected by the ecm over the can network.The ecm will reduce available torque until the situation is resolved,the failure code will be stored on the ecm itself or the abs module.

The TRAC system includes all of the provisions of the ASC system plus the ability to actively slow a spinning wheel by pulsing the brakes through the anti-lock brake system. It is most effective at lower speed and especially when starting off on surfaces with differing traction conditions under each rear wheel.

Source: The Auto Channel