XK8 / XKR ( X100 ) 1996 - 2006
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another suspension question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 08:41 PM
Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Yet another suspension question.

My 03 vert has 110,000 on the ticker. Clunks rattles etc... so she needs as they say the full Monty.
Not a big deal as my son and I can handle it. It is a car after all. We've been working on cars for years. Old drag racer.
So now to my questions. Pros and cons of poly on our cars in regards to ride quality,I know it will handle better. Poly in some places and rubber in others?
Springs. I don't want it lower but maybe a bit stiffer.
Sway bars. Stay with stock or bigger. If bigger will it stiffen the straight driving. Any suggestions welcomed.
On another note I'm going to upgrade the brakes. Drilled and slotted rotors,semi metallic pads,looking for and can't find braided steel lines. That would stiffen the pedal quite bit and that's a good thing.
I LOVE the way this car feels and I don't want to change it too much. The only change I made so far away from stock is the Mina rear muffler delete and it suites me perfectly.
So as you can see I don't want the feel to go to far from stock but be an improvement.

Old 08-28-2014, 05:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 271 Likes on 240 Posts

I've used the Powerflex series and they seem well adapted to the car. I've updated various parts of the suspension over time to tighten up the feel. I'm not fully satisfied yet but I'm pretty close the the feel I'm looking for. I'd also suggest you replace the sway bar bushings before upgrading it, mine were worn (45kmi) and it made a big diff in itself.

The following users liked this post:
Loxmth (08-28-2014)
Old 08-28-2014, 06:02 AM
Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

those XK/XKR will never be sportscars or what i understand of beeing a sportscar. if you want to have one get yourself a porsche GT3 or a lotus elise.

i would leave the xk as it is and take it what it is: a smooth and gentle grand tourisme, a perfect travel car ( if you are no more then two.....)

Old 08-28-2014, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by jamdmyers
I've used the Powerflex series and they seem well adapted to the car. I've updated various parts of the suspension over time to tighten up the feel. I'm not fully satisfied yet but I'm pretty close the the feel I'm looking for. I'd also suggest you replace the sway bar bushings before upgrading it, mine were worn (45kmi) and it made a big diff in itself.
Powerflex? I'll look it up. Is it a complete kit?

Old 08-28-2014, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by flatsix
those XK/XKR will never be sportscars or what i understand of beeing a sportscar. if you want to have one get yourself a porsche GT3 or a lotus elise.

i would leave the xk as it is and take it what it is: a smooth and gentle grand tourisme, a perfect travel car ( if you are no more then two.....)
I'm not trying to make it a sports car the way you see it. The suspension need a lot of components replaced so I figured why not up grade a bit.