Go Back   Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > Jaguar Models ( Modern ) > XJ X300 / XJR
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

XJ X300 / XJR 1995-1997

Welcome to Jaguar Forums!
Welcome to JaguarForums.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Jaguar Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2011, 10:40 PM
Utopia73

Default Heater is not working

I check the manual for fuses and I didn't find one that dedicated to the heater, any tips on which fuse it might be or what i might do?
Old 12-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Veteran Member

First of all, welcome to the forum. As to what you might do, you might give us a lot more informatuin. Like, does it blow air? Think about your question. It is like calling the doctor and saying , "My stomach hurts, what's wrong?"

Engien bay fuses 1 and 15, trunk fuse 15, and probably others, supply climate control power.
MY 02 XJ8
MY 12 XF R
Old 12-08-2011, 11:30 AM

dmvin123 edavidadorno

lol, good one sparkenzap! and yea i agree with you, we need more information to properly diagnose, if its not blowing at all then i would check the fuses spark recommended. But if its blowing and it doesnt get hot then i would first check my coolant level to make sure theres enuff antifreeze. Antifreeze circulates through the engine block and heats up as the car gets warm, then when you turn your heat on it is transferred from the block to a small radiator like device in your dash. Air is blown through the radiator containing the hot liquid and presto! you have hot air coming out, however if there isnt enuff antifreeze or none at all then the car wont have enuff to cycle it through and the air will blow out cold. If you have enuff antifreeze then it may be something else, like your thermostat.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:50 AM
Photobucket

Soooooooo, if you want a list of things that could go wrong, here is some of it. Clogged heater core. Blowers inop. Bad control module. Bad control panel. Chaffed wire. Circulator pump not working. Thermostat stuck open. Clogged heater hoses. Stuck water valve. Flaps not working. Just to name a few.
97 VDP Anthracite (The Keeper)

96 XJ6 BRG/Coffee (sold)

94 XJ6 White base car (sold) 200k and ran PERFECT!
90 XJ6 Sovereign Solent Blue (sold)
94 XJ6 Black (sold)
2010 Wrangler Unlimited (traded)
2013 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 6spd!!! (yep, wife's)
2004 GMC Sierra 1500 EC/SB 4x4
And so many more that have come and gone....
Old 12-08-2011, 03:52 PM

dmvin123 edavidadorno

Definetly go with what black said but id start with the coolant levels first if your blower and everything else seems functional. i usually start with the easy stuff before i go pulling things apart and causing problems i didnt have at the start! Good Luck, these cars a relationship so the more involved you are with her the better she will treat you and the better you will treat her!
Old 12-08-2011, 03:52 PM

Tags
1995, 1996, 97, bad, core, fuse, heat, heater, heating, jaguar, jagur, problems, stopped, symptoms, work, working, xj6, xjr