Detailing / Car care Discuss detailing your ride inside and out. Pics are a must.

Leatherique application question

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Leatherique application question

Last weekend I tried Leatherique rejuvinator and cleaner on my boot cover. Results are very good. Leather was not in bad shape to begin with, but it was very dirty. Everything came off with the exception of 1/8" spot that is barely visible. My steering wheel and seats are next. Do I have to protect wood trim while applying the product? Steering wheel would be tough to apply if this is the case.

Thanks

Old 07-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by reko19
Last weekend I tried Leatherique rejuvinator and cleaner on my boot cover. Results are very good. Leather was not in bad shape to begin with, but it was very dirty.

My steering wheel and seats are next. Do I have to protect wood trim while applying the product? Steering wheel would be tough to apply if this is the case.

Thanks
By "boot cover" do you mean the thing that covers the convertible top when it is down? If so, I am pretty sure it is not leather. I'm pretty sure it is vinyl. Leatherique shouldn't hurt it, but I don't think you need Leatherique for that.

I use Leatherique for my seats and steering wheel. Good stuff. I must have gotten some on the wood somewhere along the way. No problem. I don't think it could hurt anything. If you want to be absolutely sure, call Leatherique. They would have the best judgement on that.

Jack

Old 07-11-2011, 11:23 AM

yes, i was referring to the piece that covers the top when it is down. Well, all I could say is that it is a lot cleaner now I'll give them a call to inquire about any possible problems with wood.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,110 Likes on 932 Posts

Wonderful products. Bought a quart, bought another quart, gave up and bought a gallon.

Just a satisfied customer.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:37 PM

below is official reply

No, it is a natural product, low ph so is actually fine for wood. I've used the Rejuvenator on teak on our old Chapparel, cleaned with prepping agent and it looks great. Also it has gotten on wood in the RR, Jag, MB, BMW and it is fine.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 256 Likes on 200 Posts

Put the Leatherique Rejuvenator on thickly and let it sit for a few days. Then clean with the cleaner. It is so clean and soft the you will want to sit on it naked!!

Old 07-12-2011, 03:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Hey, let's move your thread off to the DEtailing Forums so that you can see our resident experts opinion on this product

Old 07-12-2011, 06:57 AM
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Matte Vinyl Tonneau Covers

Originally Posted by reko19
yes, i was referring to the piece that covers the top when it is down...
The matte area behind the back seats that covers the folded soft-top; wash and then clean surfaces using Iz einszett 'Plastik-Reiniger' an intensive, non-corrosive, non-acidic two-phase deep cleaner for urethane covered upholstery and vinyl trim, that removes grime build-up thoroughly and effortlessly, these chemicals restore the original texture, tactile feel and resiliency.

Swissvax Opaque should only be applied by hand. For best results, it should be applied to freshly cleansed paint or vinyl surfaces three to four panels at a time and as thinly and evenly as possible using a 100% cotton micro fibre towel. The resulting film should then be buffed off within a few minutes of application

Use Quick Finish Opaque as a quick detailer to remove finger marks and smudges. Lightly mist over a single panel at a time, and immediately wipe the panel down to spread a thin, even film of product using a 100% cotton micro fibre towel. Refold your towel and buff the panel

Old 07-13-2011, 10:51 AM

Did a steering wheel, looks great except for the areas which are, for a lack of a better term, worn out. Not sure how to explain it, but there are couple of spots where top layer of leather is worn out. I also have large are on the driver seat where belt is rubbing against the seat with the same problem. Any options there to make it look close to original finish?

Thanks.