F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you use/drive your F-Type?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 02:37 PM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Default How do you use/drive your F-Type?

Do you take your F-Type to the track?

Do you drive it to your work?

--possibly FOR or DURING your work?

Do you take it to the store? (Or a movie, where you park it in the parking lot?)

Do you take it to go out to dinner?

Do you hand the key to a valet?

Is yours purely for pleasure drives?

And where do you stretch its legs and make it breathe heavily?

I have driven it to some job sites and have taken it to look at a couple possible real estate investments. Around the lake with the top down is the reason I've owned a convertible of some sort for most of my life; but this car does indeed make a fine daily driver. I'm about to test that in winter conditions (with winter tires.) I took it to Home Depot. (What I needed was fine in its trunk.) I even hauled a shorter, leather-covered, bar stool in its passenger seat, buckled in. Worked like a charm.

How do you use yours?

Last edited by Forrest Keith; 11-05-2018 at 06:36 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 11:01 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I started off just driving it on the weekends and using my chevy volt as a commuter, but after almost a year of ownership , I've used it as a daily driver for about 3 months now and absolutely love it. Being a single man gives me the ability to run errands and go to the supermarket with enough trunk space to fit anything I need for the week. I too have taken it to home Depot for minor things when my tenants need any kind of repair parts for the houses. I take my girlfriend out on nice dates where I hesitantly hand the keys over for valet parking. When I go anywhere public, like the movies, I Park as far away as possible. I'd rather walk an extra 2 minutes to save myself the heartache of a door ding. I have not tracked it yet, but I plan on doing so. I purchased the car to drive it and enjoy it. Personally, I did not purchase it as an inveatment, but merely as a "toy" I'd get to play with as much as my heart desires. I own a 71 stingray with matching numbers which I am currently doing a frame off restoration on. That car I plan on driving a heck of a lot less since I purchased it as both, to be seldomly enjoyed and as an investment. The jag is doing just what I bought it to do...bring me more and more smiles per mile 😆

Dave

The following users liked this post:
Forrest Keith (11-05-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 11:57 PM
Received 177 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Forrest Keith
Do you take your F-Type to the track? no

Do you drive it to your work? yes

--possibly FOR or DURING your work? to go to lunch

Do you take it to the store? (Or a movie, where you park it in the parking lot?) yes and yes

Do you take it to go out to dinner? yes

Do you hand the key to a valet? no

Is yours purely for pleasure drives? no

And where do stretch its legs and make breathe heavily? refuse to say as this is a public forum :-)

I have driven it to some job sites and have taken it to look at a couple possible real estate investments. Around the lake with the top down is the reason I've owned a convertible of some sort for most of my life; but this car does indeed make a fine daily driver. I'm about to test that in winter conditions (with winter tires.) I took it to Home Depot. (What I needed was fine in its trunk.) I even hauled a shorter, leather-covered, bar stool in its passenger seat, buckled in. Worked like a charm.

How do you use yours?
(answers above in red)
i drive it as often as possible, but commuting in EV (leaf) gets carpool lane, so mon-Thur it sits home.

The following 2 users liked this post by Greggbhill:
Forrest Keith (11-05-2018), speedski (11-05-2018)
Old 11-05-2018, 12:19 AM
Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I drive mine 150 km to and from work everyday! And it's tuned with a crank pulley, etc. Hope it lasts haha. Already accumulated 80,000 km on it.

The suspension seems to have held up well though and the PS4S wear quite well. It's quite a comfortable car for what it is.
​​

Old 11-05-2018, 12:32 AM
SVR
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts

Do you take your F-Type to the track? Yes

Do you drive it to your work? Yes

--possibly FOR or DURING your work? No

Do you take it to the store? (Or a movie, where you park it in the parking lot?) Yes

Do you take it to go out to dinner? Yes

Do you hand the key to a valet? Yes

Is yours purely for pleasure drives? No

And where do stretch its legs and make breathe heavily? In Mexico.
See answers.

Old 11-05-2018, 01:48 AM
Received 100 Likes on 78 Posts

High five to Leaf & Volt drivers! I have a Volt for my DD too! Love it (for the most part, infotainment is even worse than the F-Type.)
Pleasure only, because every time I drive it, it's a pleasure
I also drive it to music festivals sometimes, see my recent post on the picture thread.

Old 11-05-2018, 06:46 AM
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, I didn't kid myself about it being an investment, although I do expect Jaguar continues to become more and more known for reliability and relatively low(er than competitive luxury sports cars) maintenance costs. As that becomes more commonly known, I expect our cars should hold their value better than historical data would predict. In the meantime, I bought it to drive it. Virtually daily. Including, even, in Minnesota winter, but for in un-plowed snow.

I'm finding it more utilitarian than I thought I would. It's a fine grocery-getter. I'm happy to put a passenger in it -- because I'm so happy to drive it.

I have yet to hand its keys to a valet. But I expect I likley will.

Last edited by Forrest Keith; 11-05-2018 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:47 AM
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Fun thread, thx.

Drive to work but only when on day shifts. Something about leaving it in the hospital parking lot all night, lonely and scared, doesn't seem right. I stubbornly take it shopping with a trip to Sam's Club resulting in a folding chair having to ride shotgun with my wife. Also had to unpack a case of liquor as the hatch wouldn't close with the box in back. Have yet to valet and am hesitant but the valet mode helps. Hypothetically my city may have built a four lane road in an industrial section of town designed to attract large companies. This imaginary road is long and straight with large sections yet to be developed. You could even picture a day like Saturday or Sunday where there would be even less traffic than during the week. And if your friend happens to be a local cop willing to sit in the passenger seat until it's his turn then wouldn't that be neat. Bet someone could safely go about 145-150 mph to get a bit of a thrill and open her up some. My plan is mixed driving (got a yukon for night shifts and range days) at about 6k miles a year, just rolled past 23k.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts

Mine is my daily driver. I had an eGolf when I first bought the F-Type, and for awhile, I would drive the eGolf to work most days and the Jag on Fridays. Then It turned to the eGolf on MTW, then Mondays, then not at all. As I can work from home about half the time, I got to the point where I went an entire month without driving the commuter at all, so away it went.

I use the Jag for everything. Running to the store to get water for my aquarium, running to Napa to pick up wine (grabbed 9 bottles just yesterday), small home depot runs, take the kids here or there (one at a time). When I need a bigger car, I just grab my GF's Velar and she doesn't mind switching cars with me.

Old 11-05-2018, 10:55 AM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Do you take your F-Type to the track? no, at least not yet

Do you drive it to your work? technically, yes. I work from home.

--possibly FOR or DURING your work? see above

Do you take it to the store? (Or a movie, where you park it in the parking lot?) not usually, but it has happened

Do you take it to go out to dinner? I take it for date nights when the weather is good

Do you hand the key to a valet? yes

Is yours purely for pleasure drives? mostly, but when the weather is nice it becomes multi-purpose

And where do you stretch its legs and make it breathe heavily? The highways and byways of North Texas

How do you use yours? it's my fun / toy car. I use it any time I need to impress the wife or a friend or just random passersby... really I just use it for fun.
I like this thread .

Old 11-05-2018, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 531 Likes on 347 Posts

Oh, yeah, I would not take my F-Type to the track. After years of racing motorcycles, I feel immortal in a car and push it too hard and probably end up in a wall.

Old 11-05-2018, 11:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 173 Posts

I'll play.

Do you take your F-Type to the track? Negative

Do you drive it to your work? Sure do.

Do you take it to the store? (Or a movie, where you park it in the parking lot?) I do. but I park at the farthest possible spot.

Do you take it to go out to dinner? Only car I have, so yup.

Do you hand the key to a valet? Not on God's green earth would I do that.

Is yours purely for pleasure drives? All day, every day.

And where do you stretch its legs and make it breathe heavily? Any back road I can find. Soon to be the back roads of the Bay Area.

How do you use yours? In addition to being a mode of transportation, it's also a pass time for me. I enjoy detailing so when I have a spare moment from either work or studying, I'll head out to the garage and do some paint correction, rock chip repair, detailing, etc. There's always something I can work on...

Old 11-05-2018, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 504 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by eeeeek
running to Napa to pick up wine
You are LUCKY! In NJ, NAPA only sells auto parts!!!

Old 11-05-2018, 11:42 AM
Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Do you take your F-Type to the track? No

Do you drive it to your work? No

--possibly FOR or DURING your work? No

Do you take it to the store? (Or a movie, where you park it in the parking lot?) Yes

Do you take it to go out to dinner? Yes

Do you hand the key to a valet? Yes

Is yours purely for pleasure drives? No

And where do you stretch its legs and make it breathe heavily? Sierra Foothills
I also like the F Type for road trips. My favorite was to Mammoth and as long as there are some curvy roads the F Type is a great road trip car. As a bonus when you hit traffic then the F Type gets great fuel economy on road trips. Add the large gas tank and I can get close to 400 miles out of a tank which is better than most cars.

Last edited by speedski; 11-05-2018 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,636 Likes on 3,359 Posts

Do you take your F-Type to the track? No, but not out of principle...just haven't had the opportunity

Do you drive it to your work? Yes, when I'm working.

--possibly FOR or DURING your work? Yes

Do you take it to the store? (Or a movie, where you park it in the parking lot?) Yes...far end of the lot.

Do you take it to go out to dinner? Yes...none of the other cars.

Do you hand the key to a valet? Noooooo

Is yours purely for pleasure drives? All drives in the F-Type are pleasurable.

And where do you stretch its legs and make it breathe heavily? Up in Maine when visiting Jay.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:48 PM
WJV
Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

It’s my daily driver so it goes everywhere with me.

Old 11-05-2018, 09:57 PM
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

I go, it goes. Why would I drive something else?
That's why its my DD. I've been in my wife's Mercedes E Class four times since I got the Jag.

The following 2 users liked this post by FullChat:
Forrest Keith (11-05-2018), scm (11-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 06:31 AM
Banned
Received 424 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by WJV
It’s my daily driver so it goes everywhere with me.
+1

Forrest Keith (11-06-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 11:19 AM
Received 240 Likes on 167 Posts

Do you take your F-Type to the track? Yes and often

Do you drive it to your work? Occasionally

--possibly FOR or DURING your work? Occasionally

Do you take it to the store? (Or a movie, where you park it in the parking lot?) Yes, away from other cars

Do you take it to go out to dinner? Yes if it's only the wife and I

Do you hand the key to a valet? Usually not

Is yours purely for pleasure drives? Every ride on my F-Type is a pleasurable one

And where do you stretch its legs and make it breathe heavily? Anywhere, it's for FUN isn't it?

Old 11-06-2018, 02:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 714 Likes on 408 Posts

Do you take your F-Type to the track? I have, yes.

Do you drive it to your work? Yes.

--possibly FOR or DURING your work? Always. It's the only thing I drive, it's my daily, errand, weekend, everything car. 40K miles in 3 years' time, including some massive road trips. However, a weird bug made it a lemon and they're doing a buyback for a factory built, identical spec 2019MY. Woot.

Do you take it to the store? (Or a movie, where you park it in the parking lot?) Yes, and yes. I live in an area where it seems people are very respectful of no door dings, and you can find large spots to park.

Do you take it to go out to dinner? I refuse to take anything else.

Do you hand the key to a valet? I leave it in the cupholder. LOL I usually don't valet unless it's one of about 2 spots.

Is yours purely for pleasure drives? literally every drive is a pleasure drive in this thing.

And where do stretch its legs and make breathe heavily? when no one is looking or around. safety first. However a cop did clock me at 110, wrote me at 70, and didn't put me in jail.

How do you use yours? delightfully, in dynamic and active exhaust, and I would be willing to bet I've less than 5 miles without dynamic mode being on.

Quick Reply: How do you use/drive your F-Type?