F-Type ( X152 ) 2014 - Onwards
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar ftype R performance parts! (:

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 01:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jaguar ftype R performance parts! (:

Hey guys , I'm brand new to forum! I have a 2016 ftype R and my warranty just ended and so you know what that means ! (: Upgrade time! Haha from what I'm seeing velocity Ap seems the way to go, was just curious if anyone knows a way to get a good deal from them or if anyone works for velocity ap . I want downpipe , Lower crank pulley , sc pulley , ecu and transmission tune from them and mina gallery intake tube . Also just got brand new motor put in under factory warranty about 3 weeks ago . Was curious if adding all those upgrades at once would be pushing the limits of new motor . Also if anyone knows a good shop in Atlanta GA area , may go outta town if it's worth it (: any tips and experience with these upgrades are appreciated aswell !

Old 08-25-2020, 02:12 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Firesandftype923
Also just got brand new motor put in under factory warranty about 3 weeks ago .
I guess the new engine comes with some warranty, double check that the changes you make don't void this specific warranty.

Old 08-26-2020, 06:31 PM
Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by rwanou
I guess the new engine comes with some warranty, double check that the changes you make don't void this specific warranty.
I had a new motor installed a couple months back under warranty, it does not extend the factory warranty or CPO, when it ends it ends, regardless if the motor is as old as the car, or a day old.

Old 08-27-2020, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,640 Likes on 3,362 Posts

Any of the tune or pulley mods will void the warranty on the engine if the dealer doesn’t look the other way. That said, if you make certain the oil is in good condition and topped off, and you don’t allow it to overheat, it is unlikely you’ll have any engine issues with those VAP mods.

Old 08-31-2020, 08:37 PM
mws
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

may I ask: what did you do to warrant a factory engine replacement?

Old 08-31-2020, 09:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

At the very least, wait until the new engine is properly broken in before modding.

Also, please make sure you understand downsides of tuning before you start.

Old 09-01-2020, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Unhingd
Any of the tune or pulley mods will void the warranty on the engine if the dealer doesn’t look the other way. That said, if you make certain the oil is in good condition and topped off, and you don’t allow it to overheat, it is unlikely you’ll have any engine issues with those VAP mods.
Yea I am looking into an aftermarket intercooler aswell to keep things cool (:

Old 09-01-2020, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by SinF
At the very least, wait until the new engine is properly broken in before modding.

Also, please make sure you understand downsides of tuning before you start.
How long do you think it takes to get properly broken in ? Because I already hit 170mph and hit it pretty good and everything seems to be running fine , I think by the time I order the parts and it comes in and find someone to install it should be dialed in (:

Old 09-02-2020, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Usually at least 500 miles of keeping it under 6000rpm and 1000 miles avoiding wide open throttle. This is for new engine. Did warranty put in a new or used engine?

Old 09-03-2020, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by SinF
Usually at least 500 miles of keeping it under 6000rpm and 1000 miles avoiding wide open throttle. This is for new engine. Did warranty put in a new or used engine?
I believe I have done that haha it's been about 1000k miles also by chance would you know about what crank pulley color the new motors come with ? It was a brand new motor by jaguar under factory warranty

Old 09-03-2020, 03:23 PM
scm
Veteran Member
Received 1,395 Likes on 1,060 Posts

I believe I have done that haha it's been about 1000k miles ...
You've already done a million miles?

Old 09-04-2020, 02:47 PM
Veteran Member

My local performance shop refuses to mod any engines under 5k miles. Almost all early engine failures due to production flaws will occur within that distance. Recommended procedure is to follow manufacturer’s break-in guidance for the first 3000 miles and then drive the crap out of it for the next 2k. If it’s still intact at that point, it’s a keeper and you can Proceed to modify at will (keeping lamda within Spec).

The following 2 users liked this post by Unhingd:
Black15FTR (09-21-2020), SinF (09-05-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 08:35 PM
Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey guys , I'm brand new to forum! I have a 2016 ftype R and my warranty just ended and so you know what that means ! (: Upgrade time! Haha from what I'm seeing velocity Ap seems the way to go, was just curious if anyone knows a way to get a good deal from them or if anyone works for velocity ap . I want downpipe , Lower crank pulley , sc pulley , ecu and transmission tune from them and mina gallery intake tube . Also just got brand new motor put in under factory warranty about 3 weeks ago . Was curious if adding all those upgrades at once would be pushing the limits of new motor . Also if anyone knows a good shop in Atlanta GA area , may go outta town if it's worth it (: any tips and experience with these upgrades are appreciated aswell !

I’ve used Fayette imports, they have been good to me. I heard Rocco’s in Buckhead is pretty good. I recently struck up a friendship with a guy from A1 here in Carrollton. He is 2nd generation owner of A1 auto here in Carrollton, specialing in Merc and BMW. Also Mk 4 and the latest BMW Supra’s so I feel pretty good about his ability to Tune and mod! He first didn’t want to get involved with Jaguar, but after some of my issues, he said he would . His issue is that he wants to be slow and meticulous , making sure to pay attention to the small things. He said he didn’t think I would wait . After I told him JLR dealers have had my car for most of 2 months, he decided to get involved when I get it back next time ( on my third dealer visit)

Old 09-15-2020, 06:57 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Madscott
I’ve used Fayette imports, they have been good to me. I heard Rocco’s in Buckhead is pretty good. I recently struck up a friendship with a guy from A1 here in Carrollton. He is 2nd generation owner of A1 auto here in Carrollton, specialing in Merc and BMW. Also Mk 4 and the latest BMW Supra’s so I feel pretty good about his ability to Tune and mod! He first didn’t want to get involved with Jaguar, but after some of my issues, he said he would . His issue is that he wants to be slow and meticulous , making sure to pay attention to the small things. He said he didn’t think I would wait . After I told him JLR dealers have had my car for most of 2 months, he decided to get involved when I get it back next time ( on my third dealer visit)
He'll be 5 years behind in development if he starts tuning Jags now. You are best dealing with a tuner that specializes in Jags and similar.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Madscott
I ended up going with Buckhead imports , they know a lot about jaguar and are even a dealer of VAP parts so I felt most comfortable going thru them since they are familiar with the parts. I should be picking it up tommorow , will post with updates

Old 09-21-2020, 01:36 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hmm..I am near you, might need to get some info and check your car out at some point if you don't mind

Old 09-22-2020, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Black15FTR
Hmm..I am near you, might need to get some info and check your car out at some point if you don't mind
Sure! You can follow me on Instagram and send me a dm so I know it's you - elrey_munoz ( need to make a page for my car soon ) haha