General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Incontrol Apps - Spotify not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 280 Likes on 214 Posts

The "system" that blocks use when driving has to be enabled - it isn't on by default so I don't see this as a valid cause for the Spotify issue.

I noticed that JustDrive appears to have fixed their voice gateway issue as it now accepts voice commands with their latest update.

Spotify is still a problem within the InControl panel. Works fine with just Bluetooth streaming.

"Hang on for 11.2" - what information have you found that leads you to believe this will resolve it. Once again, there is no evidence that Apple are responsible for this not working any more than the last person to have opened my fridge broke it ;-) The underlying problem is that there is little or no software support for Jaguar branded application (Apple or Android) through the usual Jaguar channels. Referring people to their dealers is just laughable.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

The problems have changed since iOS10 with iOS11 and again with iOS11.1 - each of those issued by Apple. They just need to stop breaking things when they make changes!

Old 11-22-2017, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New Incontrol App now available at the App Store. The problem seems to be fixed. Maybe Jaguar should stop telling its customers to bring their cars to the dealer for these types of issues. Just a thought.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:13 PM
Nnk

Originally Posted by steveNY
New Incontrol App now available at the App Store. The problem seems to be fixed. Maybe Jaguar should stop telling its customers to bring their cars to the dealer for these types of issues. Just a thought.

New Incontrol App (v. 2.7.0), new cable, new iPhone X, iOS 11.1.2, nothing helps: I still have this issue ....

Old 11-24-2017, 07:22 PM
Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

tried it today...still buggy... does not activate JustDrive when selected. What phone are you using??

Old 11-25-2017, 06:27 AM

I am using an iPhone 6 and I am not using JustDrive, just Incontrol App. It is still a little buggy but it's working the way it did before the IOS 11 upgrade. (2015 F Type)

Old 11-26-2017, 04:52 AM
Nnk

Did still not fix the issue for me: new iPhone, new cable, iOS 11.1.2, reinstalled Jaguar app 2.7.0 app: works for a few seconds, then drops the connection and gives the old: “Incontrol Apps cannot connect to iPhone, make sure it's plugged in etc. Try again” message .... worked fine with iOS 10.

(second post for this topic: first one got lost - apologies for double-posting is the first one shows up later)

Old 11-30-2017, 08:44 PM
Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts

Okay, this is what I received from JustDrive (CloudCar) support:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in our app.

We are aware of issues regaruding justDrive and other apps in the InControl Apps system using iPhones with iOS 11, we are waiting to receive a new SDK from JLR to resolve this behavior with the InControl Apps app launcher and we expect to have it in the coming month or so.

Rest assured, once we get access to the SDK we will immediately work on updating our app.

Regards,

SO, IT’S OFFICIAL...IT’S JLR. THEY ARE TOO SLOW IN UPDATING INCONTROL AND HELPING THE DEVELOPERS. I THINK JLR SHOULD EITHER GO ALL OUT WITH INCONTROL OR GET OUT OF THE INFOTAINMENT / SMARTPHONE INTEGRATION BUSINESS. SUCH AN UNFORCED ERROR...KILLS THEIR BUYER SATISFACTION AND RELIABILITY SCORES WHEN THE TECH IS GLITCHY.

I LOVE JLR. THEY CAN DO BETTER.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,484 Likes on 3,902 Posts

That seems to say it's Apple for changing it and now InC need something from JLR. Maybe InC should hae asked sooner? Maybe Apple should not have made incompatible changes? And so on.

Regardless, trying to pin it all on one party looks futile without a lot more accurate and detailed info - which you are unlikely to get.

BTW I see other car makes are having problems since iOS11. JLR again?

This is essentially the same as when Mickeysoft would release a new version of Windows and people's printers stopped working so they blamed the printer manufacturers for not updating their drivers. But Mickeysoft didn't have to make the changes that caused the problem. (They did it anyway - time after time.)

(Suited me as I got cheap printers.)

Last edited by JagV8; 12-01-2017 at 11:03 AM.