Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Do you guys...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Do you guys...

...receive the email notifications that someone has posted to the postings which you have subscribed?

I never receive an email notification, even though I am set up to do so.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  19.3 KB

I've seen a few people with this problem and would be interested to hear more about it.....especially as your sure you're set up to receive email notifications!

Anyhow, on a plus side......I'm set up to receive these from another site I'm on and tend to visit not as often ( generally only when I receive an email unless I have sumthin specific to post )
Here, like some others I'd say.....I tend to drop in pretty much at least once a day every day to see whats new and keep up with things. Some would say, its better that way?

Old 01-08-2010, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Hi Crosbo I guess that you have already done this, but as a refresher.

In the user CP go to Edit Options, scroll down the page a bit and 'check' the box recieve email from Admin. then continue to scroll down and set the scroll box to 'recieve daily notifications' about.postings;

Now scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and Click Save changes.

Lastly to get back to the Forums DO NOT click your back button, but use the far right scroll bar and get down to the very bottom of the page and click on the 'Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (this is in white text on a black background).

You will then be back on the main forum page, and your settings should have been saved.

I hope.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:23 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,144 Likes on 750 Posts

the forum didn't like my att.net email address after the upgrade, I had to get a gmail account JUST for the forum notifications and PMs. Outlook now checks 4 of my email accounts spread amongst the www.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:11 PM

Thanx for your suggestions gents. Just to make qradrupally or quintupally (are these words) sure, I've checked my settings again...all correct. I'm set up to receive "instant notification" to my postings or those to which I have subscribed.

The email address I am using, is the same as that I use for the Ford Truck, Mercedes and Bimmer forums to which I belong.

Jim, you may or may not recall that when I signed up, I also never received the activation email. Although, I have received a couple of emails from other members.

Perhaps I change the email address and see if I begin to receive the notifications.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

Forgot to add that if you are using Outlook or Outlook Express check that the filters are not automatically sending your notifications into one of the following:

Un-solicited mail,
Undesriable mail,
Phishing mail,

Or directly deleted mail.

Have a look in these and if you find one of the Forum notifications here, then simply drag and drop the message back into your in box. This will override the filter and should then allow future forum mails to display in your inbox.

You might also want to add, webmaster@jaguarforums.com to your address book as a trusted contact. That should also override any filters you may have for whatever email client you are using.

Quad and Quint 'drop the a and one l' and your next try will be the best one yet 'sextuply' lol

Old 01-09-2010, 09:37 PM

Thanx for the suggestions guys. All my settings were correct. Interesting though, since I changed the email address, I'm receiving the notifications. Same Entourage (Outlook for Mac), same settings.

One thing that was interesting, although I never received the activation or welcome email when first registering (went a week or more without being able to post or search), when I changed the email address, I immediately received a confirmation email. At that point I knew I was on to something.

Maybe now I'll change it back to see if I continue to receive the notifications.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:48 PM

Well, changed my email address just after I last posted and never say an email...and not in the deleted bin nor the junk bin. Seems the forum doesn't like my @satx.rr.com email address.

Changed it back to my @hughes.net email address, and right away I received the confirmation email.