Jaguar Forums Feedback & Suggestion Center Need help with Jaguar Forums? Ask here! Have a suggestion to help improve Jaguar Forums? Tell us here....THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS

Members stepping up - Thank you!

Old 03-09-2012, 06:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts
Default Members stepping up - Thank you!

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  19.3 KB

Members stepping up to the plate - Thank you

I sent a pm recently and have done so in the past, to veteran / senior members........the content?

New members welcome posts
The reason?

We used to be, and still are to a degree known as a very friendly forum. The bulk of this is all down to you guys in the daily membership and the great attitude you have.
We used to have an average of around 6 or so (approx) welcomes into every new members post in that section. Generally, most other sites I have checked have around 1-2 and sometimes even none!!!

I noticed recently that our average had dropped.

Its a big ask of the moderators / supermods to do this constantly as well as the many other tasks that you do not see, but need attention on the site, but they deal with it very well.....I for one am very appreciative.

There are a few members who also make it there sometimes and make a few posts that really help out too.....again very much appreciated!

Just recently, after I sent a pm "asking" for any help that could be given, as and when......a few posts here n there to help out even.......This, just so that the new members could be made to feel special, to feel welcome and at home, as you were when you joined I would guess.

Well, many many members have "stepped up" and made a post or two here n there, really helping out, for that I thank you

You know who you are, there are too many to mention and I may also miss someone ( a cardinal sin ) so I won't go down that route, but once again....THANKS on behalf of all.

To anyone that has dropped by here and read this post -

As part of this forum, part of this family, please, please, if you can spare a minute or so every time, or every other time you visit to "welcome a newbie" it would be a big help and go a long way to help to maintain our friendly face

The following 8 users liked this post by JimC64:
cinqueneuf (05-22-2014), dailmer (07-22-2012), jakeperigo (02-06-2014), johnandanneagain (09-20-2012), JPC (01-06-2013), juliasjag (08-17-2015), real22uu (08-13-2014), StypeRowner (06-03-2013) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Received 6,242 Likes on 5,443 Posts

Everybody likes to feel welcome and I'm sure it makes it easier for new members to jump in to the discussions if they have had encouragement from some of the established members.
So well done to all the members who have taken the time to say Hi to the new members.

The following users liked this post:
JPC (01-06-2013)
Old 03-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JimC64

I sent a pm recently and have done so in the past, to veteran / senior members........the content?

The reason?

We used to be, and still are to a degree known as a very friendly forum. The bulk of this is all down to you guys in the daily membership and the great attitude you have.
We used to have an average of around 6 or so (approx) welcomes into every new members post in that section. Generally, most other sites I have checked have around 1-2 and sometimes even none!!!

Its a big ask of the moderators / supermods to do this constantly as well as the many other tasks that you do not see, but need attention on the site, but they deal with it very well.....I for one am very appreciative.

There are a few members who also make it there sometimes and make a few posts that really help out too.....again very much appreciated!

Just recently, after I sent a pm "asking" for any help that could be given, as and when......a few posts here n there to help out even.......This, just so that the new members could be made to feel special, to feel welcome and at home, as you were when you joined I would guess.

Well, many many members have "stepped up" and made a post or two here n there, really helping out, for that I thank you

You know who you are, there are too many to mention and I may also miss someone ( a cardinal sin ) so I won't go down that route, but once again....THANKS on behalf of all.

As part of this forum, part of this family, please, please, if you can spare a minute or so every time, or every other time you visit to "welcome a newbie" it would be a big help and go a long way to help to maintain our friendly face

Norri - you've been great in that regard and made it your home away from home. It can be quite time consuming as I know myself, but well worth it
I've seen me doing a few to catch up then before I know it, I've been there an hour.....lol
Thanks

juliasjag (08-17-2015)
Old 03-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,231 Likes on 716 Posts

And a big thank you from me, to everyone for taking part.

This is one of the areas that make this forum stand out.

And certainly is a beneficial area for both New Members and Not so New Members to check into.

We all remember our first day at a new school, new job, always improved by someone just saying HELLO.

So thanks folks, for stepping up to the plate, and helping out.

The following 2 users liked this post by Translator:
Gordy2Jag (06-13-2013), johnandanneagain (09-20-2012)
Old 03-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Veteran member
Received 1,143 Likes on 749 Posts

I think its contagious, this 'friendly' virus, I too have noticed more widespread greetings. Like spinach, showing kindness is good for you.

johnandanneagain (09-20-2012)
Old 03-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 129

Richard, Matt and Norri......you guys along with Caddie have all played a huge part in those welcomes........Gus put in the posts there for sure as well and reminded everyone to put their car details in their sig.....always very helpful!

I really do know how amazingly time consuming it is to do even a half dozen or so........so thank you once again over and above your mod duties.

There are of course some amazing members who have dropped by time after time, day after day making posts...........we know, and they know if they visit this post who they were / are.

The winners??

The new members just joining and nervously hitting the "submit" button on their first post, wondering what sort of reply they'll get, if any.....
The members who post here......adding to their post tally and probably their kudos or "thanks" count too.....
The forum in general from the freindliness it generates

Old 03-26-2012, 03:25 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 106

A further "Thanks" to all those memebrs who have repeatedly stepped up since being asked and have helped to welcome many new members since...............the increase in activity is noticeable for sure.

The mods as always doing their bit.............

Old 05-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member Here...

Hello, all. I am a new member, enticed to join just from reading so many helpful posts. I am impressed with the camaraderie and professionalism. What a great forum you all have built. THANK YOU!

A bit about me, I had to say goodbye to my beloved white 1999 XJ8. She met an untimely and unfortunate end. Quite sad, and I won't tell the terrible tale here.

I am now in the market for an XJS, and I'm hoping to get some good advice and direction. Thank you for letting me join.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:16 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks, we like to think that this is a great place to discuss all things Jaguar, or almost anything else for that matter.

All the members try their best to help each other out.

Best of luck on your search for an XJS, different animal from the XJ8.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 126

Keep up the great work guys "Jaguarforums.com - The friendly forum!"

Old 05-31-2012, 09:55 AM
Veteran Member
Received 305 Likes on 217 Posts

I really need to start welcoming people again. I'm slipping

Old 05-31-2012, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 147

Great Keith, do what you can / when you can..........its all appreciated, as much by the team here as by the new members I assure you.

We're lucky I suppose that we have a hardcore of a few members that do a bit here n there, that coupled with Translator, Norri, GGG, myself and a few others gets the job done

Jagnutt69 (02-15-2013)
Old 05-31-2012, 02:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by K.Westra
I really need to start welcoming people again. I'm slipping
Absolutely no excuses accepted, it really is not good enough, you need to push your finger out, put your foot in your mouth, and walk under the plate.

When I was your age, I was busy staving off chasing girls.

Now I am my age, they don't seem to chase any more.

And I'm only running slowly.

You do what you can, as per Jim^ it is very much appreciated.

All are welcome to the New Member committee.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 189 Likes on 160 Posts

I try to catch the ones nobody has welcomed yet. I don't think any of them ever slip by unwelcomed though.

Translator, my mother used to say "a man chases a woman until she catches him."

Old 06-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 118

Yes I've seen you in there doing you're bit too Jamey and its all appreciated....Thanks

Old 07-03-2012, 06:17 AM
Veteran Member

Views: 117

Just checked the first 2 pages of the new member section and we're running at around an average of 5.35 welcomes per newbie.

Thats really good news, some forums I visit struggle to have 1 or 2 replies, so JF definitely is the friendly forum.

Kudos to all who help in this, you know who you are!

A big thank you to all the mods / supermods who take the time to do their bit as well.......I know its all part of the deal, but please know it really is appreciated.

Old 07-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm a newbie and probably sound like a fool in many of the welcome posts, but I try to answer any that are sitting there for more than 30 minutes without a reply. I figure that everyone wants a reply, even if it's from another noob.

Luckily, there are mods that step in and make everyone feel welcome. It's certainly a friendly forum. You folks are doing great.

The following 5 users liked this post by tmurray:
cinqueneuf (05-22-2014), GGG (07-06-2012), H20boy (09-20-2012), JimC64 (07-05-2012), Norri (07-05-2012)
Old 07-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 18,212 Likes on 7,349 Posts

tmurray, a belated welcome to you (even if I did so already).
You needn't worry about posts being promptly answered since most members do work and cannot answer posts within a certain time period. My last visit here was around 12:30 pm (PST).
You do have a good choice of cars so enjoy yourself in this forum. It does sound like you'll be a good contributor to the forum.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 92

Originally Posted by tmurray
I'm a newbie and probably sound like a fool in many of the welcome posts, but I try to answer any that are sitting there for more than 30 minutes without a reply. I figure that everyone wants a reply, even if it's from another noob.

Luckily, there are mods that step in and make everyone feel welcome. It's certainly a friendly forum. You folks are doing great.
Thanks Tmurray, its folks like you and longggg time veterans like Jayt2 that really help things along nicely..

Your comment about everyone wanting a reply was sooo on the money.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Veteran Member

Views: 117

Just having a bit of a drive to get members back into the habit of posting a few newbie welcomes here n there.
Alittle here n there really helps and is appreciated

The reason?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Members stepping up - Thank you!