New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Disconnected Battery Now Will Start

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 01:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Disconnected Battery Now Will Start

Hi All

Would really appreciate any help, I have had my car for 3 months now and love it ,I always wanted a jaguar and now I have one , i was driving the car yesterday and everything is fine. I disconnected the battery as I was changing the air filter. I most probably did not need to disconnect the battery for that but thought I would be safe. Silly me, so when I done what I had to do which did not take long I connected the battery back up. Went to start the engine and the coil light is flashing and the battery light is on. The engine turns and does everything it should do apart from starting, .The battery is a brand new battery I read on one of the forums that you can put the key in the ignition and leave it in for 25mins and then try and restart it that way, that did not work and read another forum where you have to put your foot on the accelerator, putting your foot down twice and that did not work. I am planning on cleaning the leads to the battery as I can only see it being that or am I missing something? Any help would be very helpful. Thank you for reading and have a good evening ahead.

Old 06-16-2018, 05:34 PM
GGG
Received 16,799 Likes on 12,168 Posts

Welcome to the forum Glenn,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

Follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/ to the X-Type forum for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for information on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the UK & Eire Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/uk-eire-68/
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 06-16-2018, 05:40 PM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Welcome to the forums.

Old 06-16-2018, 06:02 PM
Received 3,817 Likes on 2,791 Posts

Welcome aboard Glenn.

Old 06-16-2018, 07:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 8,953 Likes on 5,297 Posts

Hello, Glen,
I'm sorry your new Jaguar (Congratulations on that by the way) is giving you fits already.
I hope you get that resolved soon.

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 06-16-2018, 08:12 PM
Received 10,312 Likes on 6,822 Posts

Welcome.

Not sure on the X Type, but on the S Types, I am in the habit of having the key fob in my pocket, reconnect the battery, lock the car, unlock the car, start the car, works every time.

It is NOT a Jag thing, our stupid Renault Clio drive car at work does that whenever the key is away from the car for more than 2 minutes, simply lock the car, unlock the car, start the car.

ET is art play here.

Good luck.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by GGG
Welcome to the forum Glenn,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

Follow this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/ to the X-Type forum for help, advice and information. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for information on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the UK & Eire Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/uk-eire-68/
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham
Hi Graham thank you for making me feel welcome and the information you have provided. I will look at that very shortly, have a good day ahead.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (06-17-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by o1xjr
Welcome to the forums.
Thank you

Old 06-17-2018, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Daf11e
Welcome aboard Glenn.
Thank you it is good to be on board

Daf11e (06-17-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by LnrB
Hello, Glen,
I'm sorry your new Jaguar (Congratulations on that by the way) is giving you fits already.
I hope you get that resolved soon.

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')
Thank you Elinor I am sure it is something simple will let you know when it is fixed. Have a pleasant day ahead

Old 06-17-2018, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Grant Francis
Welcome.

Not sure on the X Type, but on the S Types, I am in the habit of having the key fob in my pocket, reconnect the battery, lock the car, unlock the car, start the car, works every time.

It is NOT a Jag thing, our stupid Renault Clio drive car at work does that whenever the key is away from the car for more than 2 minutes, simply lock the car, unlock the car, start the car.

ET is art play here.

Good luck.
Thank you for the information, I will give that a try and have a great day ahead

Old 06-17-2018, 05:15 AM
Received 6,253 Likes on 5,453 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Glenn,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Glenn Franks (06-17-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 06:28 AM
Received 4,182 Likes on 3,645 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

Glenn Franks (06-17-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 09:26 AM

Thanks all I checked all the fuses in the engine bay and changed F31 15amp and now my baby is alive again but now the engine malfunction light is on, 8 am going to take her for a drive later to see if she goes onto limp mode. Any ideas what the engine malfunction light could be coming up for. The man who tried to fix it was putting wd 40 in the air intake to try and start it, it did not start for him so when he left I checked the fuses, replaced all the ones relating to diesel coils etc, does wd40 damage the engine?

Old 06-17-2018, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Norri
Welcome to Jaguar Forums Glenn,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help
Done it and thank you , have a good day ahead