New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

My Intro to Jag World

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Intro to Jag World

Hey All,
This is my first membership to any forum, but I am excited to be apart of the community here! I'm 33, live in San Diego and have recently decided to undertake a mini restore of my mom's old 2001 S-Type. After exhaustive and truly fascinating research, decided it would be even more fun to put some money into this car, than apply it towards a new car with payments. It's been a very fun process, but the car had been sitting parked by the ocean for some time, and needed some TLC.

My into to this site has been me covertly researching the 1st phase of my reconditioning project over the past month. I did my best to take photos of various steps, and will submit a new post of the project- start to present. Due to the research and info I was able to receive largely from this site, as well as websites of recommended retailers and brands that work well with our cars from members, I was able to turn my mom's old car into my daily driver and execute it in less than a week and a half

Well that's me in a nutshell, I will be posting the project and all the interesting tidbits soon!

-Rob

Old 11-10-2015, 02:53 AM
GGG
Received 16,821 Likes on 12,177 Posts

Welcome to the forum Rob,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

It sounds like you've already found your way to the S-Type tech forum so there's no need for a link to it from me.
The 'HOW TO' thread at the top is a good place to start for info on regular issues.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

You can also visit the USA Western Region forum by following this link https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/western-us-ak-ca-nv-ut-hi-wa-id-38/
to find other members in your region.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Old 11-10-2015, 03:20 AM
Received 3,854 Likes on 2,800 Posts

Welcome aboard Rob.....well done!

Old 11-10-2015, 03:41 AM
Received 10,342 Likes on 6,842 Posts

Welcome.

Well done.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:55 AM
Received 6,317 Likes on 4,367 Posts

Welcome to the forum, good work.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:25 AM
Received 4,192 Likes on 3,653 Posts

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!!!

Old 11-10-2015, 05:46 AM
Received 6,258 Likes on 5,458 Posts

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Rob,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Old 11-10-2015, 09:58 AM

Thanks all for the warm welcome! I'm stoked to be here, and have most definitely appreciated all the feed back and intel I've received from everyone. I hope to be a part of the info and "experience sharing" as I proceed, and hope to return what I have received from this forum!! I'm headed to my first Jaguar meetup this weekend in Orange County and am looking forward to receiving some addt'l info and showing what I've done so far to my car. Thanks everyone again!

Old 11-10-2015, 10:06 AM

Also, I don't know if any of my photos are showing up.. I inserted a pic of my car to my intro post and don't see it, also inserted a signature photo of my car. It is listed in my signature photo area, but doesn't seem to be showing up with the texts in my signature.. Any advice?

Old 11-10-2015, 11:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,003 Likes on 5,315 Posts

Congratulations, Rob!
We Love to hear how some old, unloved Jaguar has been resurrected so to speak, and is now a functional part of someone's life instead of being left to sit and rot.

1982 was a good year, wasn't it.

Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

Old 11-13-2015, 10:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Using JF "How To"

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.