New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

Newbie and Newbie Wants To Know...

Old 09-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newbie and Newbie Wants To Know...

First off, Thanks to the Mods here for being able to Look Around without registering. Some forums that I've been to you couldn't see anything without being a Member (of the Club).

Me? I'm a Car, Motorcycle and Bote Nut. (OK, Boat)

I own a Heating and Cooling business at North Myrtle. Electrical, electronics, machinist, welding, auto body, locksmith you name it. I've built kit cars (FFR 427 Cobra/Roadsters) motorcycles to boats. If you understand the above skills you can guess I'm over 50.

I've found a 2003 Type X locally that I'm interested in. I came here looking for known problems or info. The '03 has just over 100k miles and they're upper 6k for it. I haven't driven it yet. I'd rather go look with some knowledge of the "X" that just go look at shiny paint, know?

Pro's & Con's of used X-Types?

Old 09-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Received 1,420 Likes on 1,063 Posts

Welcome to the forum Capt Mike.

You will find very useful information regarding the X Type among other Jaguar vehicle lines...

Check out the X Type forum - X-Type - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

My opinion - an 03 with 100K miles for over $6K sounds a little pricey... but there are a lot of factors going into a vehicle... I would ask away in the X Type section and see what the X - experts come back with.

When you have time stop by the regional page of the forum to check in on local happenings and information: Lower Atlantic - NC SC FL GA - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Welcome again and enjoy the forum.

Anthony

Old 09-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Received 6,240 Likes on 5,442 Posts

Welcome to the forum Capt Mike,

Good to have you with us.
You need to head over to the X Type section X-Type - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum and ask the experts.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Old 09-03-2012, 09:37 AM
GGG
Received 16,756 Likes on 12,145 Posts

Welcome to the forum Capt Mike,

Good advice from Anthony. Follow his link to the X-Type section for advice and information. The 'HOW TO' section there will give you an idea of what can go wrong with this model and therefore what to check when you go to view.

Sounds like you've enough experience not to be seduced by shiny paint!

Enjoy the search and the forum.

Graham

Old 09-03-2012, 07:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  19.3 KB

Hi there CaptMike & welcome aboard, good to have you here with us

Lovin the X type, had a 2.6V6 Sport AWD, Great car
The X typers will help you with what to look for.............An 04 or newer would be good as all the quirks were mainly worked out by that point, The Transfer cases are the weak point on these and sealed for life is a load of rubbish..............Check the Xtype HOW TO sections

............see you on the forums

Any useful information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, use the search facility etc, can be found here
Helpful_information

Why not drop in and visit the regional section for your area?
There are lots of members local to you with the same interests.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun here.....

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Please Jump on in and enjoy the site.................

Old 09-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Guys.

I've also found an '04. I'm hoping to go drive a couple Wednesday.

I'll check the Forums.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Received 447 Likes on 333 Posts

Welcome to the forum!
You will find a lot of friendly and helpful folks around here.
Take a look at our regional board when you have a chance: Lower Atlantic - NC SC FL GA - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Vector

Old 06-20-2018, 05:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaptMike
First off, Thanks to the Mods here for being able to Look Around without registering. Some forums that I've been to you couldn't see anything without being a Member (of the Club).

Me? I'm a Car, Motorcycle and Bote Nut. (OK, Boat)

I own a Heating and Cooling business at North Myrtle. Electrical, electronics, machinist, welding, auto body, locksmith you name it. I've built kit cars (FFR 427 Cobra/Roadsters) motorcycles to boats. If you understand the above skills you can guess I'm over 50.

I've found a 2003 Type X locally that I'm interested in. I came here looking for known problems or info. The '03 has just over 100k miles and they're upper 6k for it. I haven't driven it yet. I'd rather go look with some knowledge of the "X" that just go look at shiny paint, know?

Pro's & Con's of used X-Types?
just been working on a 3L awd and loved driving it , however MOT threw up emissions so exhaust was past its life , big money ,also sill or floor behind front chassis is a common failure for corrosion. Sills both sides as well , that’s common , things to look out for anyway on bodywork.