Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Details on Win7 64 bit new install method & new JTIS21 S-Type archive

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimlombardi
Hi

Update 7/7/2014 - problem with downloading these archive files on mediafire.com - instead use dropbox.com weblink
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tfzpw26tv...w97SJQCyGMtOLa

The Details on Win7 64 bit new install method & new JTIS21 S-Type archive are listed here in this thread.

Now here are the details:

There is now a new install PDF file “Installing DA350.dll in Win7 64 bit ver 1.1” PDF file.

This file has step by step instructions and screenshots.

There are really only 4 steps in getting the software installed using this method:
Run Microsoft Help software file - 32 bit for 64 bit OS - Windows6.1-KB91760 - - this prepares the PC to handle 32 bit help files (using "run as administrator" option)

Put the DAO350.dll file into the correct folder, then register the DAO350.dll (using “run as administrator” option)

Run XP-Fix file – that is included in the Special Edited version archives or can be downloaded separately (using “run as administrator” option)

Run the setup.exe file in the JTIS21 folder to install the JTIS21 software (using “run as administrator” option)

That’s it – all done

Now here is the why and where information:

I started a new thread “JTIS21 Win7 64 install method & new archives” in the general tech section post #1:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/g...rchives-65926/

I am repeating the same information here in this thread (and also in the other appropriate Jaguar model sections).

Well – Here is the initial information:

We finally have a way to install the JTIS21 Jaguar Shop manual on all the Win7 64 bit computers without having to install vitual machines or xp mode.

This is how it was accomplished:

By Plums furnishing the right technical information and advice on how to get it working properly

By yours truly finding the required files and putting them in proper locations (later doing the 1st successful install on my Win7 64 bit pro laptop) then writing the instructions and inserting the screen shots that are now in the install PDF file, also successfull install on Win7 64 bit Home premium desktop

By Translator furnishing other technical advice on improving the instructions and doing the 2nd & 3rd successful installs on other win7 64 bit computers

Translator has added all these files to the general tech help – Large Files download area.

Find the entry line in the Translator posting “JTIS21 CD download with instructions” within the thread (has this weblink embedded)

Free File Sharing Made Simple - MediaFire

Here the screen shot of the folders and files for the JTIS21 on the large files download area in the mediafire.com:

Attachment 167445

I created separate Special Edited versions of the JTIS21 by Jaguar model series as shown in the screenshot above.

Folder “JTIS 21” has the four folders listed below it. Also has the Win7 64 bit JTIS21 install instructions PDF file (Installing DA350.dll in Win7 64 bit ver 1.1); the JTIS21 instructions and illustrations PDF file; and the Mediafire download & Extract instructions PDF file.

Folder “JTIS21 All Parts” has the entire JTIS21 archive – the 3 self extract archive files total 481 megs – also the technical guides archive and
the CD disk label image file.

The Special Edited JTIS21 archives by model series have the Win 64 bit Install PDF file and the 64 bit files included in them.

Folder “S Type JTIS” is a special edited JTIS archive – it has 2 self extract archive files that total 277 megs – only has the Jaguar S Type model shop repair information (The X type, XJ series and XK series have been removed).

Folder “X Type JTIS” also is SE JTIS archive with 2 files self extracting in the archive (311 megs) - only X Type is included, other models have been removed.

Folder “XJ Series JTIS” same type of SE JTIS archive – 2 files (344 megs) only XJ models Series

Folder “XK Series JTIS” same type of SE JTIS archive – 2 files (287 megs) only XK models Series

The reason these archives are still pretty large is that the graphic files in the DATA/GRAPHIC folder total 225 megs (just over 13000 files).

All these JTIS archives are also available on my personal mediafire.com account – here are the weblinks

S Type

X Type

XJ Series
http://www.mediafire.com/?gbpriw5milokh

XK Series
http://www.mediafire.com/?bmorw1escearp

Win7 64 bit instructions and required files (Win7 issues)

http://www.mediafire.com/?987a1qjb2aal7

JTIS21 All Parts (JTIS 21 Downloads)
http://www.mediafire.com/?3297awvo3atgw#jdp9189p88ie8

Here are screenshots showing the JTIS21 S-Type Special Edited version:

First Screen that opens

Attachment 167446

Next Screen after Service selection (S-Type and Model year 2000 selected) Normal screen with a picture of the Car and the graphical choices (General Information, Powertrain, etc)

Attachment 167447

Here is the Screen after using view menu and the Text Navigator option. It shows listing index with the Chassis and its sub categories listed.

Attachment 167448

The top menu bar – DTC Summaries, Maintenace Schedules – all work properly and it will let you view all the Jaguar model series and model years that are in the normal full JTIS21. The Electrical Diagrams for the other model series have been removed to reduce the size of the download archives and save the disk space on your PC

Here is what happens if you try to use Service selection for anything other than S-Type (in this case XK Range)

Attachment 167449

I am sure there will questions and I will be the point person for all the support issues

Sorry - this post is so lengthy

Jim Lombardi

I have a question about the error 50/51. How do I fix it is there any programming I need to download so I could get it running again

Old 09-23-2018, 08:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,618 Likes on 874 Posts

Looks like you are having a problem with the climate control temp screen.
I found information on fix -
Jaguar X Type 50-51 Error
here is weblink to the article:

https://www.jaguarownersclub.com/for...e-50-51-error/

Read all 5 postings on that webpage.

Last edited by jimlombardi; 09-23-2018 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 475 Likes on 365 Posts

WooHoo! After 3 days of trying I finally have this working on my windows 10 64 bit Home OS!

took several tries to get everything in the right pace, registered , and loaded!

works like a champ! Thank you!

The following 2 users liked this post by Aarcuda:
beulahjag (12-17-2019), zigzewel (07-04-2019)
Old 12-17-2019, 11:08 AM
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Aarcuda
WooHoo! After 3 days of trying I finally have this working on my windows 10 64 bit Home OS!

took several tries to get everything in the right pace, registered , and loaded!

works like a champ! Thank you!
Interested to know how you got it to work on windows 10...can you explain as i d really like to have it my windows 10?