S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time to say Farewell to all of you.............

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 05:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Time to say Farewell to all of you.............

Yes its true, I'm leaving the Jaguar S type R scene. I really hate to sell my 03' S type R but I'm moving up north and can't afford to take a chance driving it up in snow
Since day one joining this Forum I was welcomed with open arms and I learned a tremendous amount of DIY to fix my Jag and saved me a lot of money ontop of it. I tried my best to contribute as much as possible from DIY supercharger oil change guide to showing the layout of the "Magnaflow" Hi flow cats all the way down to the tips including x pipe. But anyhow all of you guys are like family and who knows maybe one day I will come back with another Jag.

Farewell and God Speed!

High Performance upgrades include:

A. Magnaflow Hi Flow Cats( original Cataylitc Converters replaced with these)

B. Complete exhaust piping redone with an additon of "X" pipe installed

C. 2 Magnaflow Mufflers installed with 4inch Magnaflow tips

D. Custom Cold Air intake plus K&N airfilter

E. Eurotoys Supercharger Pulley upgrade 1.5lbs
(Jaguar S-Type R Upper Supercharger Pulley Upgrade 4.2L (1.5LB), Eurotoys,Ltd.)

F. NGK Iridium Sparkplugs

G. Front and Rear Brake pads replaced with Ceramic Pads by "Akebono Brake Pads" causes No Brake Dust on wheels.

H. Lastly the Jag is lowered by "Arden Springs" this does not affect the ride quality at all. In actuality it improves handling on tight corners and sharp turns.

Other upgrades include:

A. Alpine Amplifier custom install.
B. 2x10's Subwoofer custom install which replaced OEM subwoofer.
C. 20% tinted windwos all around.
D. 20inch staggered wheels by Work. (Custom painted to match body paint)
E. Upgraded fog lights to HID.

F. Rear Tires are Michillen Pilot Super Sport 265/35/20 (Best Tires for Gripping the Road changed last year)

Front Tires are Dcenti D6000 24/35/20 (very good tires as well changed last year) All 4 tires have plenty of tread remainning!!!

I have invested alot of money maintaining this Jag and all major work has been done by a local indepedant Jaguar mechanic shop.

P.S anyone interested in a fully loaded 03' S type R please shoot me a message for more details and I'll get back to you ASAP. Many ppl know me on here, like George, Bfsgross, Mafioso etc.... they all can vouch for me. I'll upload the pics up soon in the selling section...

Attached Thumbnails Time to say Farewell to all of you.............-str5.jpg   Time to say Farewell to all of you.............-str2.jpg   Time to say Farewell to all of you.............-str4.jpg   Time to say Farewell to all of you.............-str3.jpg   Time to say Farewell to all of you.............-str1.jpg  

Time to say Farewell to all of you.............-tip1.jpg   Time to say Farewell to all of you.............-tip2.jpg   Time to say Farewell to all of you.............-tip3.jpg   Time to say Farewell to all of you.............-img_0393.jpg   Time to say Farewell to all of you.............-img_0390.jpg  

Time to say Farewell to all of you.............-20150401_142828.jpg  

Last edited by jag79; 05-30-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member
Location: Pawleys Island, SC USA (formerly from Tabernacle, NJ USA)
Received 182 Likes on 158 Posts

Wish you all the best! For the record, many of us in the North drive safely and without incident in our rear wheel drive cars. I've been driving here for 51 years. I've driven both FWD and RWD cars, vans, mini vans and police Crown Victorias. I can honestly say I never felt any safer or more snow-worthy in FWD. IMHO FWD is highly overated. If that is your sole issue with the S-Type may I suggest you reconsider?

The following users liked this post:
jag79 (06-07-2015)
Old 05-30-2015, 06:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Jag79 - a really nice piece, well written......apart from the fact you're selling the Jag and moving on...lol
You have been, and I hope will continue to be a valued member of this forum.
It is in many ways, as you say, a family of sorts and you are part of it, always welcome here at any time, Jag owner or not if that turns out to be the case.

If you still decide to sell the S type, may I suggest you add it into the classifieds for sale section

It's a beautiful and well maintained example and I'm sure it'll be snapped up by some lucky member in short order

All my very best
Jim

Old 05-30-2015, 06:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 592 Likes on 469 Posts

Sutch a sad reason to end a love afair with sutch a fine piece of machinery ! Maybe even a bit laim!!
If I were you I'd throw caushon to the wind and try to save this relationship . You and others have been my insperation to fire ahead and make my str into wot it is now , thay realy only have to be slightly better than standard to be extremely awsome cars !
My hart goes out to you for having to make sutch a dastedly decision! Thanks for your help on my s/c oil change too! Great help , my last words for you are don't do it find a way round it or you will ponder on this loss for years to come , good luck out there!

Old 05-31-2015, 05:36 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,
I liv in Finland where winter time with snow and ice is usually October to March even in Helsinki. Been driving S type (4.0) version three winters and one with STR and in my opinion winter and snow/ice is not the reason why change from Jag to another brand. In fact last winter with STR I had friction tires from Continental 18" and no problems at all when driving according to remaining contidions. Stud winter tires makes it even safer to ride when it gets really icy. You can have engine heater from Defa(block heater number:411252, harness number 460760, electric wire number:460785) and have nice warm Kitty ready to ride. Did not have any cold starts last winter and cabin was pleasanty warm every time.

STR is actually wery good winter car and did not have any electrical issues due to frost or temperature hitting -22F few times. Only thing I missed was lack of heated windscreen(last 4.0 did have it and it was superb thing to have).

So, you might have a second thought changing STR cause of the winter issue...😊

Best regards
Janne

Old 05-31-2015, 05:47 AM
GGG
Received 16,798 Likes on 12,167 Posts

Good to hear you've enjoyed the STR and the forum.

No reason to become a stranger here even if you do sell the Jaguar.

Graham

Old 05-31-2015, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Thanks to all for all the kind words. Now I'm feeling guilty of selling, but I should have been more specific on why I'm selling in the first place other than just blaming it on the snow,lolz..

First off I'm moving to Michigan, and the roads are absolutely horrible, pot holes after poles. My jag is already lowered with 20's on it and it would be an absolute nightmare to keep fixing the suspension.. I could change it back to stock, but I can't see myself spending all the money back into doing it, so thats not feasible to do.

Majority of drivers I noticed when I was up there looking for housing drive Suv's and god forbid something happens either on my end or someone else's fault I know for sure I would take much of the impact. I had a recent accident just few months ago driving here in Florida, someone rear ended me while it was raining and I hydroplaned doing 360 degree turn on the freeway and smacked right into the guard rail(complete loss), thank god I was alive to walk away without a scratch.

I'm giving props to Mercedes, in which I was driving was a S55 AMG for the way they designed that beast to be powerful and yet safe. I know if I was in my Jag and I got into that accident, I would most likely get injured in some sort. Ok I don't wanna think about that accident no more, just brings chills down my spine.

Even though this jag has been my daily driver for the last 5 years and never let me stranded on the road or what not, b/c I always pampered the hell of out of it! lolz..At the end taking all things in consideration its best to part ways and get something for the whole family who will be safe and not worry about finding parts and have it fixed; so I'm leaning to buy a lexus gx470

Now before everyone starts ragging on me from going from a Jag to a lexus Suv, remember my situation I;m in.

Alright best of luck to all you guys its a been a fun journey and experience driving a S type R; the shape never gets old and I'm really going to miss it in every aspect thats for sure. I' always will try to check back here time to time and see what you guys been up to modding the S type r or what not

Here's a few shots of the S55 crash......

Attached Thumbnails Time to say Farewell to all of you.............-img_1362.jpg   Time to say Farewell to all of you.............-20150327_160853.jpg  

Last edited by jag79; 05-31-2015 at 11:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jumpin' Jag Flash (06-01-2015)
Old 05-31-2015, 02:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,275 Likes on 2,812 Posts

Florida to Michigan, huh? I think you have it backwards. Not many people do what you're doing....

Glad to hear that your AMG kept you safe in your accident. Score one for Mercedes....

Best wishes in selling your STR and in your upcoming move....

Old 06-01-2015, 12:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 801 Likes on 669 Posts

Hey you lost the rear tow hook cover!

Old 06-02-2015, 09:06 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default snow cars

get an Audi or a Subaru (ok, get an Audi - loads more fun).

Lived in MN for 8 years so I do know a bit about the winter driving and I still have my first quattro (03 allroad)...........just remember, you can make anything go in the snow, stopping is the real issue and the one that most drivers forget about!!

(We have a saying here in the southwest about lexus drivers...........something about graduating from minivans to lexus SUVs, the only drivers that are worse are in a prius .......of course Bimmer drivers are in a league of their own!)

Old 06-03-2015, 05:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 219 Likes on 202 Posts

Even with the stock 18" STR wheels I bent two rims and blew out two brand new tires during the winter of 2014. I sidelined the car during the winter of 2015. Using 20" rims is idiotic around here.

I totally understand your issue. Use the proper tool for the situation.

I drive a 99 K2500 Suburban during the winter here in NJ and there aren't many potholes or storms that sideline that vehicle.

Last edited by Staatsof; 06-03-2015 at 05:42 AM.