Wheels / Tires, Suspension & handling Wheels and Tires. Discuss sizes, fitments, offsets, profiles etc etc Discuss roll bars, springs, shocks etc for your Jaguar
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 XJR - 20" down to 19, or even 18 for winters?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2008 XJR - 20" down to 19, or even 18 for winters?

I have recently bought a 2008 Jaguar XJR with 20" Sepang wheels. I have been digging to find what wheels will fit in their place from the OEM wheels available, but have not found an answer that I am fully confident in. It would appear to me that a 19" fits, such as a Carelia or the so called "Custom". Would an 18" fit?

Do all 2008 XJRs have the same brakes?, I believe so, but if not then I would have to assume these are the larger ones.

I hate the prices I am seeing for snow tires in the 255/35R20 sizes, and hope to get a set of rims that allow for a more economical winter set.

Thanks,

Rob.
Ontario, Canada.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 624 Likes on 528 Posts

I went through this just recently for my '11 XF SC. The XF SC has larger brakes than the standard model so that was a problem. My salesperson told me that all JAG OEM 19's should fit on my car. I ended up going with an aftermarket set of 19's for winter wheels.

I know that you will want to know what your current wheel widths and offsets are so you can match up the tire sizes and wheel offsets so you don't throw of you odometer. There is a wheel - tire tool on this forum that can assist with that.

You may want to post on the XJ forum if you don't get an answer here. A Jag dealer may also be able to assist with the information you need. You would think that Jag would post an inside diameter you need to maintain to clear the brakes, but the offset and shape of the wheel (particularily if concave style) has an impact.

My guess would be OEM XJ 19's would fit. Other Jag models would need offsets checked. Good luck with your quest. I floundered a bit as well on this.

The following users liked this post:
UKAuto (11-09-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Default ...maybe I should trade my car for a set of snows...

Thanks Jaguny.

Looking at the aftermarket rims is revealing that I can either go for modest priced rims that I don't like, or nice rims that cost the same as sourcing OEM. It does seem that the 19" will fit, and they are the smallest. The third party rims typically leave it up to me to determine if they fit - and that may not be known until they are offered up to the vehicle.

I am getting to the point that I may offer my 2001 XJR as trade for a set of four wheels with snows. For now I guess the 2001 will be my driver on the bad days, as I now have snows mounted on it.

Cheers.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Veteran Member

Many of the custom wheel dealers online will provide a "guaranteed fit". Unfortunately, I am having problems getting my customer wheels delivered correctly. The first time, I was sent the wrong set, second wrong offsets, but because they were a guaranteed fit, I am getting a third set shipped. The other sets were/are picked up at no cost to me.

Your fellowXJ'ers should be able to help. This wheel forum doesn't seem to get the same traffic as the individual model forums. Good luck and happy winter driving.

Also, I agree with you on the cost issue as well. If you knew what fit, you can sometimes catch wheels on ebay or even here on the forum. Takes time to sort out unfortunately.

Old 11-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Default Snow today

Still on my summer tires, still can't find a shop that knows what will fit - even the Jaguar dealer quoted wrong (selecting the tires and rims for an earlier XJ on the older bolt pattern).

Anyone know for certain if 18" is an option, or at least 19".

Cheers.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:38 AM
Veteran Member

My third set of wheels also did not fit. I am back to searching and close to giving up on the 19's as the snow is flying. I wish I could assist. I did getsome assistance from my fellow XF Owners who have 19's on their XFR or XF SC. I know at least two style of OEM's fit. Problem is if you can find them, you need to trust that if they are reconditioned they are not bent or otherwise out of balance or pay the price to get them from Jag dealer. Does you dealer have a 19 inch wheel they would be willing to test fit for you. You could pay the labor cost if they won't do it as a courtesy. Please post what you find out as this is information that will be useful to others.

P.S. The 19 inch Tamana and Auriga styles are the ones other XF Owners have on their larger brake XF's. You will want a non-staggered set up if you can find one.

Last edited by jaguny; 11-27-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 139 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by UKAuto
I have recently bought a 2008 Jaguar XJR with 20" Sepang wheels. I have been digging to find what wheels will fit in their place from the OEM wheels available, but have not found an answer that I am fully confident in. It would appear to me that a 19" fits, such as a Carelia or the so called "Custom". Would an 18" fit?

Do all 2008 XJRs have the same brakes?, I believe so, but if not then I would have to assume these are the larger ones.

I hate the prices I am seeing for snow tires in the 255/35R20 sizes, and hope to get a set of rims that allow for a more economical winter set.

Thanks,

Rob.
Ontario, Canada.
I have a 08 xkr with 19" jupiter wheels the car has less than 8k mls and the wheels are perfect never been out in winter 'I have been looking at changing mine to 20" chrome and have been checking the aftermarket wheels but when you go on different wheel forums they dont come out very good lots of complaints of viberations etc.Im not sure if mine would fit your car perhaps someone could let us know, also are you looking for wheels for just winter ??or changing yours for smaller ones?? if you are perhaps we could do a swap and I could have yours chromed ,If not maybe when I find some 20" I could sell you mine Bernie BC Canada.

Old 12-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Default sorry for the slow response...

I may be interested in the wheels if you do want to sell them, but for the time being I am still looking local. I would be hanging on to the existing wheels, one set winter, one summer.

It's a shame as I have some nice wheels for the old XJR, but I think in the end they will get consumed by the XK8.

Snow has come, but only a little... tick tock tick tock.