X-Type ( X400 ) 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn p1000!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Damn p1000!

What's up everyone need help with this P1000 issue. First I will start from the begining. first I initially had no obdII issues with my 2003 x-type. Since I was In the process of selling it, I decided to take care of the front wheel bearings that had to be addressed. That was done but my abs light came on along with the check engine. bearings were pressed in. Thought I had a damaged front left sensor but during the diagnosis the computer was reset. come to find out one of the bearings that was sent from the part store had no magnetic strip, so replaced it, issue gone. I drove it for a little put it up for sale buyer is interested and asked if he can see that all system monitors were complete and ready for inspection if he purchased it. No problem but when I showed him evap and comprehensive monitor were incomplete. Drove it for some time all passed got the p1111 code all was well. Now the overhead light was left on battery was dead the next day Back to p1000! I've done two drive cycles along with a green ecm reset cycle and for the past 4 or 5 days Ive been driving I dont eve kno anymore, culd be 6 days! Everythings complete except comp monitor. The person is starting to probably think thers an issue withh the car. Can someone point or post me the actual driving cycle procedure for a 03 2.5 5speed x-type? I was working with ford drive cycle procedue ause thatswhat I found. Heeeeelp!

Old 06-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Default Sorry

Originally Posted by Land_of_thegiants
What's up everyone need help with this P1000 issue. First I will start from the begining. first I initially had no obdII issues with my 2003 x-type. Since I was In the process of selling it, I decided to take care of the front wheel bearings that had to be addressed. That was done but my abs light came on along with the check engine. bearings were pressed in. Thought I had a damaged front left sensor but during the diagnosis the computer was reset. come to find out one of the bearings that was sent from the part store had no magnetic strip, so replaced it, issue gone. I drove it for a little put it up for sale buyer is interested and asked if he can see that all system monitors were complete and ready for inspection if he purchased it. No problem but when I showed him evap and comprehensive monitor were incomplete. Drove it for some time all passed got the p1111 code all was well. Now the overhead light was left on battery was dead the next day Back to p1000! I've done two drive cycles along with a green ecm reset cycle and for the past 4 or 5 days Ive been driving I dont even know anymore, could be 6 days! Everythings complete except comp monitor. The person is starting to probably think there's an issue with the car. Can someone point or post me the actual driving cycle procedure for a 03 2.5 5speed x-type? I was working with ford drive cycle procedure cause thats what I found. Heeeeelp! Besides that any suggestions?
Sorry for the spelling my keyboard is acting up.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Received 7,878 Likes on 4,762 Posts

The X400 2002/03 MY should be the same.
The monitor parameters are in the first few pages of the DTC guide.

bob gauff

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
400OBDII.pdf (153.1 KB, 530 views)
The following users liked this post:
Land_of_thegiants (06-11-2012)
Old 06-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Received 208 Likes on 151 Posts

From experience with PA inspections which include emissions inspection, the monitors take a long time to properly set sometimes. It is so bad that PA actually changed the computer program if comprehensive was not set to read not available or something to the fact that it ignored it. Many states will allow one or two left unset. Be patient as it will eventually set.

Land_of_thegiants (06-11-2012)
Old 06-11-2012, 08:19 PM

I am more curious at the fact that before the battery died all the monitors passed. Now that I had to start from the begining from scratch Its taking really long. I want to get rid of this car so I can Purchase an 05 x-type White on white With 70,000. Mine is baby blue white interior with 85,000. I Just dont want the person I am selling it to, to think that there are any hidden issues. Do you think within a week the comp monitor will clear? Also definitely dont reerase the computer to start a new drive cycle and just keep driving it normally?

Old 06-11-2012, 08:46 PM

Thanks for the info. I assume there's nothing specific for manual Xtypes regarding engine and transmission monitor cycle. I think they just suggest to go from 0 to 60 then go to the next step. Like I've mentioned its Just the comprehensive monitor that needs to complete. No stored codes either that would activate the mil. This sucks. I dont want to be like the guy thats driven almost 500 miles and still didnt get to p1111.

Old 06-12-2012, 08:42 AM
Received 208 Likes on 151 Posts

I don't know how it works where you are, but here in Delaware, we take the cars through the DMV to see if the emissions pass. They hook them up and say yea or nay and give a printout. Could you get a Pass from emissions inspection to prove it passes for a future buyer? Pennsylvania would pass with comprehensive not set and no codes. Every state is different (thanks California).

Land_of_thegiants (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 10:23 AM

Thats good to know. Thanks, will try that. Have to stop at an inspection station to see if they would let me try that.